marijuana smell in the house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jeffca said:
what strain are you growing? i heard certain strains don't smell as much.

Unfortunately, I don't know. I had bought a mix of like a half dozen strains a few years ago, and had totally forgotten about them until I found them earlier this year and decided to grow them. But when I germinated them, I mixed them all together in a glass of water, and I threw away the container that had the strains listed, so I don't even know which strains they could be.

try googling it,ive never grown it b-4,but i heard white widow doesnt have as much a strong scent to it. but,if you make 1 or 2 carbon filters,you should be good to go with whatever strain you want,i'd just suggest not growing ak47,ak 48 or any skunk strain.these strains are gonna have more of a strong skunky smell to em.

so pretty much if i get a carbon filter, and put a towel on the bottom part of my door people inside the house won't smell anything?

thanks man

and maybe a febreeze plug in or something =/

That crazy vancouver guy said:
I'm telling u... there IS a smell during veg... and because you are in your bedroom most of the day, you are accustomed to the smell... leave your room for a couple days... and go back in there and tell me u don't smell it...

I'm sure someone else here will back me up on this

I'm backing you up on this. Some strains are worse (better?) than others, but they all have a distinctive odor.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I'm backing you up on this. Some strains are worse (better?) than others, but they all have a distinctive odor.

A distinctive odor that will fill a house?

My plants usually start to smell like weed about a week old, then start stinking in a few weeks....it only gets worse in flower!!!!!!!!!

Not sure where it got off to but theres a good read on light distance and smell when growing indoor. As fro me i know the plants smell all the time but its realitivly un-noticed with all the fans going and light distance i keep, sure if your right on top of them your going to smell them and its more powerful while in flower but its a far cry from being noticed by the neighbors like many will think, especially with a lower number of plants. One stinking person in a crowd of people will only be smelled if your the one right by them, but a group of stinking people in a area creates a huge funk ;) im gonna see if i cant find that thread.

jeffca said:
and maybe a febreeze plug in or something =/

that's what I do... use a plug-in in the hall outside my grow room... along with leaving the window to the bedroom open... and venting exhaust straight out of the house....

I tryed all the air freshners, oudor eating crystals, plug-ins everything!
The best thing that covered up the smell was insence sticks or cones, give it a try i always got the "vannila musk" smell but they all cover it up nicely...not that i dont like the smell of MJ..

peace:cool:

I have a metered ozium dispenser that I have mounted in the hall way that helps a lot.

Latest posts

Back