Mason Jars- Cureing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, it's been a while since I've been here since I'm unfortunately not growing this year, but my sativa that I jarred in December is smoking just fine. It has been since early April since I checked on it and it's in a warm environment, been over 100F here this month, so I opened it up Saturday. One of the jars was really pressurized and some of the others were a little. In a couple of them I smelled the slightest whiff of decay, and then the smell disappeared. It all looks fine and the stems are brittle, but the buds are still pliable. I left it open and put a silica pack in each of the 10 jars overnight to dry it out more. When they get to where I would have earlier thought to be too dry, I will remove the silica packs and re-cap them. Unfortunately, I can't bring it into the house with AC if I expect to keep getting any... well, you know.

Any thoughts on this?
Thanks and have a great grow. I hope to be growing next year.

lotek said:
using those Ball jars with the wire locking mechanism and the glass lid and rubber seal they are workin good

Hey lotek, where did you find the Ball bailtops? I have found some but they are Italian and slightly rounded on top (not great for stacking, if need be)

Thanks.

i have some them same jars too nv. i just got mine from garage sales.
i love garage/rummage sales. i always find somethin cool i need lol

mine have dome tops too. they are antiques from my GF'smother she had around the house >.< i use normal jars for most of it. quick latch ones for my using stash.

just if ya get used ones make sure ya wash em really good cuz last year i used small mason jars on my outdor stuff and i wondered why it always smelled funy til i put in diff new jar. i thinkin was used for pickles or somethin the ones i had gotten lol.

:rofl: Yeah, I had a caramel jar. The glass was fine, but the lid apparently still had a strong caramel presence. Cool, I thought, my bud smells "caramelly". I had a friend take a whiff and she said it just smelled weird. She was right. I was just kidding myself:p

I have about 15 one gallon and jumbo size pickle jars. They are nice but I have about 5 of the lids that I have not been able to shake the pickle smell out of.

nvthis said:
:rofl: Yeah, I had a caramel jar. The glass was fine, but the lid apparently still had a strong caramel presence. Cool, I thought, my bud smells "caramelly". I had a friend take a whiff and she said it just smelled weird. She was right. I was just kidding myself:p

I have about 15 one gallon and jumbo size pickle jars. They are nice but I have about 5 of the lids that I have not been able to shake the pickle smell out of.

Try soaking them in a baking soda solution.

Latest posts

Back