mazar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

andy52

a few pics of the mazar,looking good so far.kinda nute sensitive.you have to be careful in my experience with bumping these plants up too fast.all is good tho. they seem a little stretchy,but i had the lights almost touching them.just the strain i suspect.sorry only 1 pic was good enough

That looks pretty good there, Andy. You used to grow in soil, but now you do hydro. How long have you been doing hydro? It seems like you know what you're doing there, good job.

Also, how old is that?

Have you smoked Mazar before? If so, what is it like? I have some freebies from .nl (mazar x afghan) I was thinking about popping in the soil in a couple months.

i've never smoked mazar myself.i know one thing i will not grow it again.its just too slow for me,especially in hydro.this is the same godspeed. the freebies from the same place.they are kinda spindly plants and very sensitive to the nutes.just something about them that deters me from growing them again.i might change my mind later in the grow.but for now its not my bag.the crystal have taken off like a bullet.just have to play with the nutes on the mazar,so far
i have just switched to dwc and love it.i have only harvested 1 plant in hydro and it was a trial run to see if i could do it.its easy as heck and very clean.i will never grwo any other way.the plants take off and you have no mess from soil or the smell.i simply love DWC

What ppm do you have it at for the mazaar?
and yes after going hydro makes me think twice before messing with dirt (too messy).

Hey Andy - those look good!

I order Mazar last spring popped them all but 3 and not 1 survived! they wouldn't get bigger than 4 or 5 inches and they just didn't like to grow for me.

I have read since then they are extremely sensitive with the nuits like you said, but I have also wondered if it maybe they do not like the Hydro way of growing, maybe this one would just prefer to be grown in soil?

just a thought.

I still have 3 seeds but I am waiting until I have much more experience growing until I try again.

good luck I would love to hear how she smokes and the high she gives.

I popped 5 Mazar seeds this spring and had 2 that died during the grow (as seedlings)...I believe that you will like the smoke that you get from them, as they are now a permanent part of my grows cycle now. I got about 4 ozs. from the remaining plants and revegged the nicest one, now I've got a few clones going and the revegged plant is doing quite nicely. Make sure you top this plant, as it really improves the outcome. I was introduced to smoking Mazar a couple of years ago and searched all over for seeds to get the grow going. It took nearly 2 years, but was certainly worth the effort

Peace...j.b.

as with all i start out the ppm's at around 250-300.then i slowly bump them up as they grow.it all depends on how well they are growing as to how much i kick them up.some just grow faster and can withstand the hi ppm's.to me each plant is different as to the amount of nutes i give them.its a feel thing.i like the crystal better as i have both crystal & mazar going together.i will know more in a week or so.ask me then

the mazar are slow to take off,seems to me.i get overly anxious i guess.i have 6 nazar and 6 crystal left.i did cull a couple that looked kinda puny.i also took some clones off the crystal,the biggest ladiy i have of that strain.they have not wilted one bit.very easy to clone.the mazar have not showed sex yet,not going to be taking clones from them for sure.i do not care for them.i can tell already that they are not for me.i might change my mind after harvest.oh well a lesson learned.some strains sre not for every one.a preference thing.

Hiya Andy. You lknow I did Mazar and here is my thoughts.

It is a little slow to grow from seed, BUT the cuts off the original mom vegged alot faster. I would say 2-3 weeks of veg time from rooted clone. The plant grew "christmas tree" like, and this was topped only once.

When I sexed the seedlings, it took a solid 6-8 weeks before I the pre flowers shown and I tossed the males. I got 5 females from 10 seeds., and this was 18/6.

Once the Mazar started to flower, I was HAPPY. It really put it on and yeilded quite nicely. Out of the 5 females, there was 2 specific pheno's. One was a really thick bud that is very Skunk influenced. When you burn one, it will reek out your whole house after the first hit. Very stoney.
The second pheno was my Fav. VERY heavy resin and smells like candy. Very unique. Sweet and great aftertaste. The fruity pheno was slighly a smaller yeilder. But, the bud was better, imo. When I get some time, I will take some pics Andy and post them here .

As far as the PPM's, I did feed it pretty low the entire run.

If you havn't sexed them yet, take a couple of clones off of each Mazar and lable them as to what plant they came from. Then flower them out, and toss the males as they show themselves. Toss out the related clones and keep the female clones.

Hope your grow goes well!

thanks hal,i also find them slow growers and kinda xmas tree like.kinda sparse between nodes,and i have my lights close as possible.they do smell skunky when rubbing the stem.i likes that smell.i will be waiting 4 the pics bro.again thanks.oh yeah i find that they like the ppms kinda low compared to some.

these plants do not grow at the rate i would like,so this is probably my last mazar grow.i have 2 in the flower room and 3 in veg.just put into 5 gal dwc.

yeah bro, that stuff is got the stretch going on there. what you feedin' 'em?, rocket-fuel or somethin.?:D :rolleyes: .j/k...
your doin better than me. mine's just flounder'in along. i chopped the ww, and put in cloner to re-veg. then when thier rooted, thier goin into dwc buckets. i'm set, just need to go get the buckets, and rig 'em up.
i can see some growth there over the past week. whats your ppm at? your gettin a little curl goin on. (better stay up all night and watch over them):hubba: :D :rolleyes: .j/k...bb...

these mazar are touchy as hell with the nutes.they are not heavy feeders,as yet.i only have them at around 600 ppms and the crystal plant is almost the same age and sucking up 1200 ppms like a sponge.crazy,the complete difference in two separate strains.that is exactly why i keep a journal on each strain i grow.i doubt i will ever grow mazar again,but if i do i will not make the nute mistakes i made here.after they get to a caetain point in growth,they do take off.no banjo,they are not stretching,its just how these mazar grow.they have sparse arse nodes and look like xmas trees.the smoke had better b good is all i can say about them.thanks all 4 lookin.

hey andy, hopefully it will finish off good for you. ive read mixed statements on yield, most say its a heavy yielder & some say so so harvest. dont sweat it i know we all want killer yields, but live & learn.

take it easy

DFW

after these plants get going,they do pretty well.i hope the smoke is good after all the time of waiting.they still have not showed sex yet.crazy

I recently ordered beans for the first time, and the most expensive Strain I ordered was Mazar. A bit discouraging, now after reading your grow thus far. Any new pix, man? I am VERY interested.

Latest posts

Back