mazar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NorCalHal said:
Hiya Andy. You know I did Mazar....

When I get some time, I will take some pics Andy and post them here .

??????????? What happened, Hal? Got me all excited for nothing. Sure would like to see those Mazar pix, Brother.......:hubba:

yeah me too.do they grow as slow for you as they do me?seems they take forever to veg.and very touchy on the nutes also.

Check out my new grow, andy:
Grow Journals: Fantaseeds Australian Blue and Flying Dutchmen's Aurora B
(now with a Celtic Hash thrown in the mix....)

A little more info.

Well Andy, I had given some Mazar cuts to a friend of mine, and i SPENT THE LAST TWO DAYS HELPING HIM TRIM IT UP!

Let me tell u, it was a BIG pull, some great bud. I didn't have my camera with me, but when I help him take it off the stick, I will take some pics for you.

There was definatly 2 specific phenos. One was VERY skunky, just stinky bud.
VERY Dense and just covered in trichs. Very nice, and I was most impressed. There were some colas a foot and a half long.

The other pheno was a real sweet,berry smelling bud. More sticky then the skunky stuff, but not as dense, and it could have gone nother week or so. The skunky stuff was ready @ 56days(Friday).

Overall, I was very impressed with the results. Easy to trim.
I had helped him with his grow here and there, and I cleaned up the bottoms for him on a few plants and did the ole "pinch and bend" (supercrop) on some of them. The ones I pinced produced more for sure. Bigger buds also.

I know the PPM never was higher then 1200, as I gave hime the recipe.

This is the Mazar from DP.

hey hal,glad to hear from ya.i would love to see some pics.these mazar are sure slow on showing sex huh?it drives me crazy the way they grow.the biggest one i have has that skunky smell also.real skunky.i can't wait to hear from ya bro. i know they are touchy on the nutes.i burnt some in the beginning and had to back way off on the nutes.after they get a good size i bumped them up and so far they are liking it.i am currently running around 1000 ppm.thanks hal

my mazar have yet to show sex.i have never seen anything like this strain.

Hey Andy, I have two Mazar Afagani that I'm growing. What is your strain of Mazar?

ditto,same thing bro.i will never grow them again either.slowest growing and take forever to show sex.not my bag

Yeah, I've got two Mazar right now. They are different phenotypes, though. One is short and naturally bushy with small internodes, the other one is a lot taller with larger internodes. The taller one looks like yours. And yes, from my experience with Mazar, they tend to be slow growers that are sensitive to the nutrients.

I grew one last time and it turned out nicely, except it isn't all that stony. However, that is my fault; I had a hard time trying to figure out when it was ripe, and I believe I let it get overly-ripe. The reason I'm growing two more is because I had two Mazar seeds left over from the last order, and I didn't want to waste them.

Good luck on your Mazar, and hopefully you'll get some stony smoke.

yeah,thats why i'm growing these,they were free seeds i got with an order and all 5 popped.i started 2 and decided i did not like the way they grow and started the rest.the 3 smallest ones,i topped just to see how they would do that way.i will not order them,thats for sure.thanks

these are the last damn ones.i will be glad when this mazar grow is over with.toooooo slow for me and shitty lookin plants to me.it had better be some killa smoke.i topped all 3 of these

well i had to tie this plants top over as she is 4 ft tall and still has not shown sex.i am about ready to scrap this mazar grow.

Yeah, I have two Mazars and one is tall with large internodes, but the other is nice, pretty, and bushy. At the moment I favor the bushy one. So, I removed the tall one and put it in the bathroom under fluoros, while I transplanted the bushy one and put it in the closet instead of the tall Mazar.

I grew a Mazar last grow, but it didn't take long to show sex. It isn't too stony, though. I think I let it get over-ripe. Let us know when you harvest it and if it's any good or not. You have that nifty little microscope, so determining when it's ripe should be easy enough.

Four feet tall and still no sex?? :holysheep: That's crazy man! Personally, I probably wouldn't scrap the grow, but I can understand why you would want to. How long have they been in veg? Also, I have heard of a lot of people growing Mazar, even around my area. What is it about this strain that makes it so popular?

there are several different x's of mazar.this is a mazar x afghani.it was the 5 free seeds i got with my order.all 5 are growing and doing well.they are slow growers to strat with,then do pretty well.but have not shown sex.i do believe the one i tied down this morning is starting to show.if it is,its a lady.i'm hoping,i should know by morning for sure.

well finally,my biggest mazar showed sex,a lady.about dang time too.i have 5 total mazar.heres the pics of the 3 smallest,1 is an ultimate indica that was gifted to me.its the one in soil.

another pic of the big lady.as you can see,i had to tie the top down for lack of head room.

they are gaining!! I do feel your pain. I think my next order is going to be Mendo Purps from BC Bud Depot and Old Timers haze from ACE.

This is great Andy! your Mazar is looking so beautiful!

I love this thread! Thanks for sharing! and I hope Hal gets us some pics soon!

Very good. I'm glad that it's a female. Currently I still have my bushy Mazar Afgani in the closet with the others, while the tall one that looks like yours, but not as tall yet, is in the bathroom under fluoros. I somewhat tempted to keep both the Mazars, but that will mean that I'll have to get rid of one of the Crude Oils or the only Aurora Polaris that I've got. None of my plants have shown sex yet, so I don't know exactly what will happen.

Good luck on those. They continue to look really nice.

Latest posts

Back