Mono's 1st grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
purp 009 (800x600).jpgThese are my 2 BCBD The Purps, you can see the pistols on the one one right if you look close, they both have them.

Now that I have them in their new cabinet. Temp is a concern. I have a small heater in the room to try to keep it warm. I checked them this morning and it was 64 degrees. What temp is too low?

I personally don't like for mine to drop below 60f as I have had problems below that temp. If they are in soil that can keep the roots warm then they can handle lower temps. I prefer to keep them between 65(low) and 75(high) but invariably they will go outside of that range. I try to keep them within that range but a few days outside won't hurt anything :)

Hushpuppy said:
I personally don't like for mine to drop below 60f as I have had problems below that temp. If they are in soil that can keep the roots warm then they can handle lower temps. I prefer to keep them between 65(low) and 75(high) but invariably they will go outside of that range. I try to keep them within that range but a few days outside won't hurt anything :)

to add on to this, going too high 75-80 is better for the plants then accidentally going too low < 60F.

While in my closet it stayed in the 80's. I think its going to be harder to cool in the summer then it is heating in the winter.

:eek:
MoNoXiDe said:
While in my closet it stayed in the 80's. I think its going to be harder to cool in the summer then it is heating in the winter.

it almost always is. a lot of indoor growers don't even do runs in the summer because of the heat problems

With the one being an auto, how will I know when I should switch it to the flower tent? would it be a waste of electricity having it be the only plant in the 4x4 tent? Do I still use the rule of thumb alternating nodes?

No it is an auto so just watch it grow.it needs no special light cycle but I recommend a 16 on 8 off to get the most out of her!!.green mojo and u can check me out over at my blueberry grow!.

Like KYSG said just watch her grow. The auto's are just that a time driven automatically flowering plant

20 on 4 off is the best for autos... i just recently harvested my 4 budda purple kush plants... 6.2oz total... from autos... the deep pots ~18 inches deep and 20/4 defently made the difference. at 5 weeks mine were twice to 3 times the size. that does look good though.

unfortunately, i would have to 20/4 all the plants in the veg room if I were to do that. I could take them out and put them in the tent for 4 hours a day and move back and forth. that would be a PITA though. I will just stick with straight 24/0 and see what happens.

at 5 weeks yours was 3x larger? what could I be doing wrong besides the light to have it so small?

depth of the pot is the only other thing i can think of that would have made the difference, all 4 of the budda purple kush and the freebie purple auto were all about 2.5-3 ft tall from soil level.

Latest posts

Back