multi strain grow 1st journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they're showing alternating nodes, you can flip any time! They look fairly young...

Man these things are growing fast. Difinitely showing alternate nodes. The age is now four weeks old.
Is that too young to start flowering?

You can start your 12/12 light schedule when ever you like. They want start to flower until their ready. They look a lot better now. Prob. just a little heat stress. GREEN MOJO!!

Are you SURE that they have alternating nodes? It just appears that they are too small to be sexually mature yet..

Are these alternating nodes?

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

Not seeing any! Alternating nodes will be branches off-set or staggered on either side of the main stem...main stem only is what we're looking for! It'll be later in growth, so you'll be looking toward the top of the plant.

You'll know it when you see it, my friend! :)

Thanks Roddy. You kept me from making an impatient rookie error.

I do appreciate all the advice from you folks, it really helps and it also gives me the confidence to know I'm doing the right thing (mostly).

The girls had their first feeding on the 4th, 20 days from sprouting. I followed the directions exactly for a light feeding. Using Fox Farm Grow Big 6-4-4. I mixed 2 tsp in 2 gal of water. I think that my soil (Fox Farm Ocean Organic)already already has enough nutrients because I'm now getting the claw look on the fan leaves signifying too much nitrogen. I think I should have waited anothe week before feeding. To be on the safe side I heavily watered them twice now to flush out the excess nitrogen. Is this the right thing to do?

Sounds about right to me, if not, someone with more know will correct!!

You're doing a great job, no worries!! :)

Happy birthday girls! Five of the seven are 1 month old today. Two are about 6 days behing but catching up quickly.
I am starting to get some alternating nodes now but I'm considering LST before flowering. How long shoul I keep them tied down before flowering. and do I remove the tie-downs prior to flowering?

Here's the latest photo's taken a few minutes ago.

Just for fun, I germed an orange seed and now I have a seedling that will someday (hopefully) provide me with a munchie snack.

In the back row on the right side is a tomato plant that I'm experimenting with.

039.JPG

041.JPG

040.JPG

Orange seed ? Like the tree ? That is going to take a while, but nice. The plants look good. Congrats.

bho_expertz said:
Orange seed ? Like the tree ? That is going to take a while, but nice. The plants look good. Congrats.

That's OK as I have the rest of my life for the orange tree.It was an experiment one out of 10 actually germed and grew.

We have all girls......I think! There are itsy bitsy pre-flowers behind the stipule in the nodes of the 4th 5th and 6th branches. Some are even showing little white hairs sprout out of the tips of the pre-flowers.:woohoo: :banana: :lama: :aok: :dancing: :clap: :woohoo:
They are only discernable under 20X magnification . The blueberry is a week behind all the other plants so it shoud show something any day. The pre-flowers are too small to photograph but they look exactly like the pictures in Jorge Cervantes Marijuana basics book on page 50.

Something weird happening. The tips of the younger leaves at the top of three of my plants are turning yellow. I'm leaning towards nitrogen deficiency but not sure as the other leaves on the plant are a nice healthy green and I can't find any info on this specific problem. I took a few pic's but it's hard to see. They are scheduled to go into 12/12 at 9pm mtn time tonight.

I am going to go ahead and give them a full feeding of Fox Farm 6-4-4 in a little while. in 4 days I plan on starting them on Fox farm Big Bloom.

Any other recommendations?

023.JPG

025.JPG

It could be a little nute burn, but I wouldn't worry about it unless it gets worse. They look nice and healthy from what I can see. GREEN MOJO!!

Thanks Powerplanter. I'd be suprised if it's nute burn as I have really fed them very lightly over the last few weeks. I'm more afraid of too much nutes vs not enough. But I could be and usually am wrong so I'll just follow my plan and keep a close eye on them.

Well we're started on the 12/12 schedule so things are going to get exciting here soon.
I gave the girls a heavy feeding of Fox Farm 6-4-4 yesterday then turned off the lights for 24 hours. It looks like they grew an inch overnight. All the girls 15" tall except one white widow which is 18 " tall and my blueberry which was started a week late is 17" tall. All look very healthy and bushy. So 9Pm-9AM are the dark cycle. 8-9 weeks and we'll see what we get.

Everything is looking good. The one White Widow is starting to really take off. In two days she's grown four inches taller than all the other plants.

Here's what they look like now, 5 weeks from planting the seeds

001.JPG

002.JPG

Latest posts

Back