multi strain grow 1st journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting concerned that the girls are getting too big. I was going to LST but decided against that for this grow....that was probably a mistake.I have some options for more height but I was hoping this set-up would be adequate.
We'll see.

Yeah, that widow really took off. Looking good man. GREEN MOJO!!!

Here's the girls this morning without all the HPS glare. The tomatoe plant in the right hand corner is also doing very well on the same schedule as the girls.I guess now is the time to really just watch as there is not much to do except water every few days:watchplant:

002.JPG

003.JPG

Here we are at week # 6 week #1 of flower. I have buds starting on all the plants now and my house is starting to become 'fragrant'. (No neighbors so no problems) I do like coming home and smelling the 'skunk' in the basement.:hubba:

looking at the pictures; would trimming some of the lower branches be advisable for more light penetration? Things seem to be going well now but if I can produce more buds on top by trimming down low I'll do it. I just don't want to screw anything up at this stage.

021.JPG

019.JPG

020.JPG

Some ppl do it but for what i see more experienced growers. I just remove the fan leaves from the bottom that are fading.

Help! I'm in week 2 of flowering on a 12/12 schedule and my girls are getting too big. Since I did not LST or top any of the plants when they were vegging I now am faced with the dilemma of my plants growing too tall. I have about 12 inches left on the shorter plants before they are touching the light. (600w hps) So far nothing has burned but I'm getting concerned. It does not seem too hot as I can hold the back of my hand a couple inches under the light without discomfort. (My reflector has a glass heat barrier) Is there a solution, or do I need to raise my light stand higher? (I've raised the light to max height on my stand)

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

I'm no pro so someone else will have a better answer, but I think I would just wait until they get to close, and then if you can raise the stand.

I raised my light stand 4 inches on 30th. The WW and one NL promptly grew another inch and a half so I'll probably have to raise it again tomorrow. All the girls are in bloom right now in the middle of week 3 12/12. Will they stop growing up soon?

I don't remember, but did you say you topped them. You might have to start tying them down.

They are just starting their stretch so yeah....they should get close to double what they are now.

You can supercrop now, it won't hurt anything this early for sure and you will still see some benefit from it with those other bud sites obtaining more light (I've never had a plant stall on me when in veg or first 3 weeks of flower when supercroping, if your plants are healthy and you don't go all agro on it your good). Just be careful not to snap anything and if the option to LST is there, choose that before supercropping.

I did not top them so that's why I'm in this dilemma.

It seems like these girls are growing a couple of inches a day.They have doubled in size since the 15th of May. I'm in week three of flowering and all the plants are flowering nicely so I'm wary about supercropping or even LST at this time. I can raise my lightstand another two by placing something under the legs. I was wondering if the plants slow down or stop growing once the flowering started?

All in all I'm very pleased with how this grow is turning out. I still have at least 5 weeks before harvest so anything could happen.

Got my hands on some Headband yesterday.....Datsa soma really good a stuffa!! :holysheep: :fly: :baby: :rofl: :eek:

It's really strain dependent, some will keep stretching through finish and never stop. You can usually count on a good 3 week stretch. From the time you flip, until the time you harvest it's general rule that you can count on the plant doubling it's size. I've grown strains never stop and you're always having to train (lst) them to keep them in check.

I get your wariness about supercropping, it sucks to snap a branch. Don't be wary of it because of stress though, your only in week three of flower and LOADS of experienced growers do this all through flower to help control the plant with no ill affects. There comes a point where I feel it's good to stop though..once your colas start to develop you should already have the area in control and there should really be no need to mess with them like that.

I would at a minimum use LST and carefully bring the branches out to the sides and the tops down a bit to one side. Only good things will come of that (opening up the more of the plant to good light).

Hoe that helps man :) Either way, your going to have some good, dank smoke :hubba:

I just did not want to chance the LST or supercroping while the girls are flowering so I raided the light stand another 22 inches. Hope it works.

Things continue to go well with no problems. I'm in the middle of building the new garage and growroom so posting will be sporadic till harvest. Will take pictures as the buds and colas look great.
Started a new grow of all Blueberry. 100% germination of six seeds. I have them under flouro till the other grow is finished.

It looks like the Northern Lights and Jock Horror will be ready about next Thursday or Friday. The white pistils on most of the NL have turned orange and a few trichomes (about 10%) have turned amber. The JH has about half the pistils turning orange now with the trichomes still clear.
The blueberry has started to turn also and it's a week behind all the others. The White Widow has some beautiful budas and colas but it looks like at least two more, maybe even three more weeks.:watchplant: :watchplant:

013.JPG

015.JPG

024.JPG

023.JPG

029.JPG

I'm looking to nab a good NL strain soon, really love that smoke!!

Nice looking gals, my friend, very nice indeed!

Thanks Roddy, I guess patience is the key now. I just want nab a few buds but I'm trying to discipline myself. I was just examining the ladies and my fingers smell like I've been peeling lemon. MMMMMMM!!!!MMMMMM!!!!MMM!!!

I hate waiting!

Only a few days left on 5 of my plants. I'm going to harvest the Northern Lights, Jock Horror, and Blueberry on Sunday. That will be the last day of the 8th week of flower. It looks like the White Widow won't be ready for at least a week, probably two.
In the meantime, I have six out of six blueberry that I planted three weeks ago ready to go into veg at any time. I don't think I'll journal those.

I'll post pic's this weekend.

Latest posts

Back