Mutt's Fall 07 micro grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha I'm taking time. :p
a couple of pics for yas.
Tell you what...CFL's are great for veg...but I gotta get me under an HPS. I was spoiled once....:p

IMG_2061.JPG

IMG_2062.JPG

IMG_2063.JPG

I have both of your micros in my sig, really good help for us beginners.

And also for the "rogue" type.

Awesome girls you got there Mutt. So I know I asked you before about topping but Id like to know if I could top my plants right now or is it to early? They are about 2 weeks old today, or should I wait yet?

what is your max ht? 2 weeks is too early...heck mine was done end of 3rd week....coulda waited till fourth.
and I figured out...when micro growing...run the same exact strain and do the same to all. That un-topped one is my fav. but can't drop the shelf because of the canopy. :( Failed side by side in a way. I am just glad the topped ones will finish faster. Then I can focus everything on the untopped one.

the plants are lookin nice there mutt... question though, HPS is that better than MH?

MH for veg and the first stretch is great. HPS the remainder. IMHO.
But HPS has more lumen output per watt than an MH. ;)

everthing looks good its nice to see people grow small grows,in fact thats all i could grow my first 3 trys.will see what happens now good luck.the micro grows r kool.

Mutt said:
what is your max ht? 2 weeks is too early...heck mine was done end of 3rd week....coulda waited till fourth.

I pretty much have unlimited height space well I would say about 18ft high if I needed it. So Im guessing from your height question after I top them they will put on a good stretch or am I wrong? Not that I dont believe you Mutt but why do I wanna wait till the 3rd or 4th week of veg to top?

2nd week is too early. IMHO.
3rd week and 4th week are critical in boosting fem ratios up.
but if ht. is already an issue (as in my case 32" max ht) then topping early helps keep them down. Or you can LST....but then in my case with 90% female ratio....I need the sq.footage. So topping was my only option.
Speaking of which one of my 16 oz. cups had to go today. :( The NL was closer than the JFxCh and I desperatley needed the room for the better yeilders. So chop and dry early...broke my heart..but had to go. still got the JFxCh going tho.

Sorry to hear about you having to chop one down early I know that it sucks.
Ok so Ill wait to top them even though height isnt an issue Id still like to try it because I like the idea of having 2 colas instead of 1. Will topping cut down on the overall bud production or will they stay the same?

Lotta debate on that one...but the general concensus is that it is a wash. Topping will create two smaller buds that would weigh the same combined as a one cola grow. The benefit to topping for indoor is more even canopy spread. If I had unlimited sq.ft. I would use the fim technique myself. Make 1 huge bush.

So if I dont have to I really shouldnt then? Thats cool with me I was just thinking why try to fix something that isnt broken. After reading what you said about the 2 colas equalling 1 big one I think Ill just keep them the way they are. I think size does matter and the bigger the better. Thanks Mutt i appreciate it.

Homemadegravity said:
So if I dont have to I really shouldnt then? Thats cool with me I was just thinking why try to fix something that isnt broken. After reading what you said about the 2 colas equalling 1 big one I think Ill just keep them the way they are. I think size does matter and the bigger the better. Thanks Mutt i appreciate it.

Yep if it works already why change the game. ;)

Nice looking grow. :aok: I've been getting into micro grows lately, so it's nice to see how it's done. The main problem for me seems to be the lights. HIDs and even CFLs make the little grow boxes way too hot, so I've been trying out a couple of alternatives like Cold Cathodes and LEDs.

By the way, are you the same Mutt that posted in one of my threads on another site? If so, thanks for dropping in. :)

I was reading high times awhile back, seen an 82w LED lamp in there...

Hey, what kind of weight can be expected from this sort of grow? I have about 4 16 oz cup plants and one larger pot plant, and I'd like to have another 4 or 5 plants total. But what can I expect from the 16 oz cups?

Everything is looking great mang and i bet your counting the days to harvest as we all do. :p :aok:

Latest posts

Back