my big hot light works....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killersmoke

mr green leaf
Reaction score
i posted about my light asking if it would work...i tried it newayz cuz it seemed no1 knew what light i was talking bout and it works,the plant aint drooping or nothing theres actually more leaves on it today then there was yesterday=)

I guess I missed that one my friend,
What are you using ?

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

120w 120v light...i thought it was a flood light but i think it is a spot light,i did some research and theres spot grow lights with the same bulbs but mines just a bigger mor3e powerful version,i have had to turn my fan up on the plant cuz the light gets fairly hot when its on but everything is working fine and im happy=)i should have some nice buds now instead of me using 1 cfl rofl

killersmoke said:
120w 120v light...i thought it was a flood light but i think it is a spot light,i did some research and theres spot grow lights with the same bulbs but mines just a bigger mor3e powerful version

You may have missed my post. I found the light you have. It's a 120 Watt Incandescent flood light.

It hasn't enough lumens to grow a tiny lowryder. I'm sorry man, but you're wasting your time with that light. If your plant survives, it'll have a few scrawny puffy buds that will cost you a fortune in electricity.

I really don't think much of CFL's either, but they are WAY better than that heat lamp you're using.

You seem determined to use your flood. Why is that, even though people have told you it won't grow anything?

I sure don't mean to pressure you man, but you did ask, and now that you know, I won't bug you again.

i know what your saying its just...i thought using this light instead of 2 cfl's would have a better outcome for my plant,i just bought a 60w 2 foot fluro aswell so now im gonna use just the 2 cfl's and the 2 foot fluro and hopefully i get like 1/2 oz cuz u guys know way more then me i guess i should listen

There is a wealth of information on this site.......

Ready and waiting to be tapped. I've not been here long, but I've read, read, and read more old posts here.

IMHO, when certain things are recommended by the experienced, they know what they mean. I don't have near the experience and when they say something, it's really not too debatable, because it's working for them.

All the basic stuff's already been explained time and time again.......

Metal halides, HPS, CFL's all good for growing MJ.

Incandescant, tungstens, heat lamps, etc.... not good for MJ.

5,000 lumens per square foot good for MJ canopy.

Again, all the easy stuff's already been figured out. Why try to re-invent the wheel when the one already working is proven time and time again?

I think the problem really comes down to resources or the lack thereof.

I don't have a 400 watt HPS, can't get one, so I'll dig around and find an old heat lamp, will that work?

The answer's aready been given in a write-up somewhere here or on the net.

Why the wishful thinking? IMHO, you are only wasting your time, and electrical $$$$$.

Here's one analogy...... Recommended lumens per square foot = 5,000. "So I got a 3 by 3 foot box and 2 cfl's at 1750 lumens each. I can't get a 45,000 lumen HPS light right now. But do you still think I can get a half pound off my plant if I hang my lights upside down?" My thinking is, why do you ask? You get one scrawny, useless plant with very little bud.

I don't mean to go off on you dude, the only advice I can give you is read, read, read before you do, do, do.

Good luck man on your grow. I hope I haven't created hard feelings, man. That's what I'm not here for.....

Peace out.........;)

ive said millions of times i am not looking for the best i can do cuz if i had the money to get what i need i wouldnt need any help growing,its just i was wondering about the lamp being better then the 1 cfl,im sure it is waaaay better then using 1 cfl for my grow but i know it wasnt the best so now i got 2 cfl's on it and a fluro and i hope to get 1/2 oz and if i dont then i dont and ill learn from expierence i guess.

i trust every1 expierenced on this site with whatever they say cuz they have expierence with this and i appreciate all the help ive gotton for this issue thanks every1

killersmoke said:
i know what your saying its just...i thought using this light instead of 2 cfl's would have a better outcome for my plant,i just bought a 60w 2 foot fluro aswell so now im gonna use just the 2 cfl's and the 2 foot fluro and hopefully i get like 1/2 oz cuz u guys know way more then me i guess i should listen

Well man, we can all save you a lot of trouble and heartache trying to get bud without the proper equipment. Everyone would like to grow using anything that happens to be around, but some things just won't work.

My best advice to you is to go ahead with your grow as you are. You'll learn soon that it isn't going to work.

Then, while you're doing that, read a LOT of the posts on this group. Start with the "Stickys" at the top of each group and start learning.

You really should buy a good growers manual as well.

Growing pot isn't free or even cheap. It costs real money to get it going good. One guy here has a little crop going that he's only spent 40 bucks on. Try reading his posts and maybe you can do what he is.

i helped that guy with his grow lol
the only thing holding me back is lack of lamps,i got bulbs 26wcfl's but i need like 8 lamps to make a good grow

killersmoke said:
the only thing holding me back is lack of lamps

more like knowledge :) seen you post a few threads on this and it really made me LOL

read up the info is here on lights :hubba:

toss the heat lamp or give it back :D

window light will work better from my trials and errs like

grow on

yea i got sum knowledge for growing 1 plant...its not hard all u need it light,nutes,and ventilation.

im not looking to grow a godzilla plant lol

Latest posts

Back