My first grow, give me some advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TruTHC

Reaction score
This is my first grow, my growbox is 2x2x4' i germ. about 15 seed got 3 sprouted the next day. so i germed somemore, anyway im doing it hydro, not sure wut my hydro system is called, but i put the sprouted seed into a organic soil .04-.01-.06, to get some root going on, b4 i put it in my hydro system, i think i did something bad, i have about 10 sprouted seed in my pot, but i currently see 5 coming up the soil, one grew about 3in and it look so skinny its bending in a S'ish shape, im not giving it any light yet, i have 2ft dual floro ecolux giving 1200lumen at 20w each. i was starting to give it light, but im not sure what would the early light do to my other plant that is only half an inch up from the soil. my box is not put together yet, so when should i put them in my hydro system? should i start giving them nuet as soon as its in the hydro system? ill have much more pic when my box is in place, thanks for checking out my newbie grow thread.

DSCN0343.JPG

DSCN0346.JPG

DSCN0350.JPG

DSCN0338.JPG

here is some updated pic, here u see the S'ish i was talking about, are they ok? is it necessary to put a stalk on my long one? its about 3-4inch, but when i put it in grow box i will give it neut 30-30-10. hopefully that will strengthen the stem

DSCN0363.JPG

DSCN0364.JPG

DSCN0365.JPG

DSCN0367.JPG

Dude, those plants are messed up. They should be put under light as soon as you plant them. Those stems should only be 1" long or so and are stretching to try and find light. Get them under lots of bright light right away!

o man, my 400watt hps/mh light is not here, i ordered it monday! now i gotta wait till monday,

why didn't you just wait to germ the seeds? Did i miss something?

haha no u didnt miss anything, well i wasnt sure how long it gonna take, i thought it gonna take a week or two for them to sprout but some sprouted the next day, and my damn hps/mh light havnt came yet. so stupid! now i gotta wait bout 3 more days. i feel so guilty now, my babies been suffering. i finally put them under some lights, i know wut i got is not enuff but i have it very very close to the plants. here, i got some pics

DSCN0372.JPG

DSCN0373.JPG

here is a pic of half my box, the intake fan is located on the door panel that i havnt put on yet. first pic is my door panel, o yea im painting the glue inside the box or should i tape maylar to the corners?

DSCN0360.JPG

DSCN0361.JPG

DSCN0362.JPG

THC you need to transplant them babies ASAP into seperate pots or your gonna have yourself one hell of a mess when it comes time to. The roots will end up tangled together and ya don't want that man trust me. Always remember one plant per pot. ;)

yes sir! im still waiting for my lights, mayb it will get here monday, but i will do the transplant tonite. ill have some pic, when should i give it neut? as soon as i put them in styro cup and in hydro system? i think i read i should wait to give em neut for some amount of time at first transplant, i know i should give it only a bit the first time then increase later, is that right? can someone tell me precise time to give it neut and when to increase the neut, thanks guys. o yea will this neut b ok for veg stage?

DSCN0375.JPG

when i transplant them, i need to run water on the root and make sure all the soil is gone? or should i spray it with my spray bottle? my friend told me just to use gravel and perlite in the styro, is that ok? my rockwool havn't came yet. thanks for the help guys

Not to be a smart *** but anyone want to bet me $20 that these plants are dead?

hahahahahhah yoker

dud instead of you spreying water on them take them gently out of the pot with a litle soil take a plastic cup with water (room temp not cold) and put them in there for few minutes the soil will come-out by itself .

i got a question how are you going to put them in your rockwool couse thats some funny ***** i would like to see

[/quote]i got a question how are you going to put them in your rockwool couse thats some funny ***** i would like to see[/quote]

ok brouli i thought u were my friend, its my first grow!!!!!!!! haha but i was just kiddin about rockwool. imma do the plastic cup thing, thanks for ur help, do u think my babies are dead too? i hope yorker not gonna win 20$!!!!

i would argue with people on that i keep mine in dark plastic container on A/C adapter when i germinate mine and i take them out when they are about 2 inches tall i dont givdem light right away they pirce the soil look on my post and theyr survive i movdem from soil to hydro and from hydro to soil and they grow

brouli said:
i would argue with people on that i keep mine in dark plastic container on A/C adapter when i germinate mine and i take them out when they are about 2 inches tall i dont givdem light right away they pirce the soil look on my post and theyr survive i movdem from soil to hydro and from hydro to soil and they grow

We get them straight under the light after first signs of germination. As long as you don't hang your hps like it'sa fluro(to close). They will take it.

I germinated in paper towels, and when the root popped I planted in seedling soil and put under flourescent tube 2" above pot. So far I think it has worked pretty well.

If you haven't transplanted yet be sure to bury those stems so there is only an inch or so out of the soil so they can get a grip on life... spend some time and just read from a legit source about germing, then seedlings, then vegging... and so on. Just so you can be on top of your game... OH no nutes yet!

TruTHC said:
can someone tell me precise time to give it neut and when to increase the neut, thanks guys.

No nutes until the little rounded leaves at the base of the plant start to turn yellow/brown as this will be your sign of time to nute. Try 1/4-1/2 strength and work your way up until they can handle full strength. :farm:

Latest posts

Back