My first grow!!Hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hick said:
2+2=5.. I know it. I know I'm right. :rofl:... so I will refuse ANY other answer. I don't care how many times you show me that "if I have two apples and you give me two more, I only have four".. "I" know.. that I really have five. :doh:...

Just stirring **** Hick but can you prove without assumption that 2+2 doesn't equal 5?

Thankfully I found the ignore user button, now I don't have to suffer biomutants belligerence.

BTW edit, CFL's suck!

Man i know im new here to but i would never disrespect the great people here that want nothing more than to help me grow great bud . second MY ELECTRIC BILL FOR MY HOLE HOUSE IS 60 BUCKS A MONTH. Im was running a 400w MH 24/7 for veg and now im running a 400w HPS 20 on 4 off I think my bill went up a hole 15 bucks. And dude this is my first grow and my buds look a hell of a lot better then what ever the hell you wanna call them pics. learn some respect a hole

1%ER

Sixx said:
Ugh ! Yes I know... But honestly...show me one thread anywhere on this forum, or any other forum for that matter of one grower who uses enough CFLs to equal the Lumens of a 400W HID...
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54107
there's "one".. burning 1200 watts and "not even" equal to 1-600 watt hid

That is just not realistic...No CFL grower uses that many CFLs. The comparison of Watt/Watt and lumen/Lumen was fair when it served their purpose... Now that it serves our purpose its suddenly not fair ??/
And why do you assume Im a kid, and have a simple mind... that just a "poxy" statement.... LOL I love that word now.
The OP (an experienced grower ) posted some pretty awesome, and probably pretty rare pics. and on the first page he gets questioned about his CFLs, and why hes not using HID. I bet if he had an HID hanging there no one would have said anything other than commenting on his pics. Hell...Someone even said "just dont argue about your CFLs". Really ???
"REALLY?"... that plant was grown by "(an experienced grower)" ?? the skinny thing all trussed up in kite string?.. So he was "questioned" :confused2: Are we suppose to shy away from asking legitimate questions? and from making legitimate and proven suggestions in 'improving' his methods? because it might put a wadd in his panties ??
Nobody insulted him.(at least not before he started the name calling :p) Only offered sound advice in 'improving' his grow.AND, from the results that I see here, it could use improvement.

Hell Im almost afraid to post any more pics here...It always turns into the same thing People saying "You wont get crap for yield" with CFLs... "CFLs are a joke" And then when I stand up and argue my methods Im suddenly deemed an idiot, or a simple minded kid.
Nowhere, no time, have I ever stated what you're claiming about cfls, and I don't recall others saying it in those terms.("crap" "joke") I have repeatedly said that cfls will grow buds, but that is more expensive in EVERY aspect, and less efficient. which has been proven TIME AND TIME again I have "never" slurred you in any manner.

My very first grow ever I grew 2 plants maybe 2 1/2 feet tall give or take a few inches, using 8 26W CFLs...Of the wrong spectrum to boot (2700K) and pulled over a QP of some quality bud...Whats wrong with that ?
There is "nothing" wrong with that. Did someone say there was? (personally, I would love to see it though, something makes me want to question "quality bud") BUT... if you're happy, "KUDOS"! :)
AGAIN, I'm not dissing 'your' choice or methods, only putting up the 'real' numbers, that show the 'real' facts on lighting.
How many have chimed in here, saying they too, "thought" cfls were THE ticket, untill they tried the hid? Do you see one member anywhere, say they are disappointed with their hid?.. or one that "prefer' cfls after running hid? Now it's your turn, ;) "can you show me one?"
Many get their feet wet running cfls, but once they have stepped up to hid, I've yet to see one turn back.
SIXX, at least you're reasonable..:). I don't want to appear to be putting you down or berating you in any way. I think you probably do quite well for yourself with cfls. But it matters not if it is 5 watts and 50 lumens, or 50,000 watts and 5 million lumen, hids do it cheaper and more efficiently than cfls. THAT is the bottom line. And untill you have experienced the advantages of a hid, you will probably continue to believe that you are right, and 98% of the world is wrong. :eek:

IMO I really like my HPS, and its only 150w. I had 4 spiral cfls on my plants for the first two weeks of my grow, until I could get the HPS, and the cfls do not compare to my HPS now. Im not even going to buy anything else for veg, Ill stick with my HPS until I can get out of my box :D

Sixx said:
Heh :) Wait a sec. Alot of you here at MP have been preaching the " Watt for Watt, and Lumen for Lumen" thing forever... That sounds exactly like you are comparing 136W of CFl to 400W of HID. Why are you saying its not a fair comparison now ??

You have to compare lumen for lumen--that is the only real way to compare light. And we are not the ones trying to compare 156 of CFL light to 400 watts of HPS--that is your buddy Bi0 doing that. We are just responding to HIS comparision.

And as to no one running huge amounts of lumens with CFLs--not true. Faderharley is running something like 1200 watts of CFLs and getting 82,000 lumens. He could be getting 90,000-95,000 lumens with a 600W HPS....and this is our point. CFLs will grow fine bud, it just costs about twice as much to do it and your space gets hotter. Just quit trying to say that CFLs are superior--they are not and there is no way around that. We are not ragging on CFLs--we are simply correcting misinformation that they are cheaper and cooler lumen for lumen.

Wow what a thread I use cfls always have always will no question about it . I have used HID and cfls I just prefer cfls cause they are easier to grow with in smaller spaces. I will say this that all of you are right about HID lighting being more productive than cfls but if a person prefers them then thats all that matter to me no need to keep beating it into there heads you have stated the facts now if they dont wanna listen then by god they dont have to its a free world...HAPPY TOKEN EVERYONE

Hick said:
There is "nothing" wrong with that. Did someone say there was? (personally, I would love to see it though, something makes me want to question "quality bud") BUT... if you're happy, "KUDOS"! :)
AGAIN, I'm not dissing 'your' choice or methods, only putting up the 'real' numbers, that show the 'real' facts on lighting.
How many have chimed in here, saying they too, "thought" cfls were THE ticket, untill they tried the hid? Do you see one member anywhere, say they are disappointed with their hid?.. or one that "prefer' cfls after running hid? Now it's your turn, ;) "can you show me one?"
Many get their feet wet running cfls, but once they have stepped up to hid, I've yet to see one turn back.
SIXX, at least you're reasonable..:). I don't want to appear to be putting you down or berating you in any way. I think you probably do quite well for yourself with cfls. But it matters not if it is 5 watts and 50 lumens, or 50,000 watts and 5 million lumen, hids do it cheaper and more efficiently than cfls. THAT is the bottom line. And untill you have experienced the advantages of a hid, you will probably continue to believe that you are right, and 98% of the world is wrong. :eek:

YOU TELL EM HICK! The main reason i think he is so closed minded as well with some other "cfl only" growers, is because they simply are still "beginners" and havn't tried an HID for themselves since there first time "cfl grow" made thgem more then happy, so im assuming they figured, "why switch up my set up to make it better when what i have currently is good enough" Which i can understand, and what hick has said many times and so has everyone els. WE ARE NOT SAYIN CFLs WONT GROW YOU SOME DANK WEED, WERE JUST SAYING THAT AN HID WILL DO A BETTER JOB! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!

The Hemp Goddess said:
And as to no one running huge amounts of lumens with CFLs--not true. Faderharley is running something like 1200 watts of CFLs and getting 82,000 lumens. He could be getting 90,000-95,000 lumens with a 600W HPS....and this is our point. CFLs will grow fine bud, it just costs about twice as much to do it and your space gets hotter. Just quit trying to say that CFLs are superior--they are not and there is no way around that. We are not ragging on CFLs--we are simply correcting misinformation that they are cheaper and cooler lumen for lumen.

EXACTLY!

Sixx said:
Whats so funny ? Seriously ? Why do you LOL at 156W of CFLs ??

Because its funny, how many lumens does 156 watts of CFL's put out?

Not near enough,

if some people can have an opinion that 156 w of CFL is good, well then i can have the opinion that its a joke, and i laugh at jokes, especially when they are this funny.

those pix were NOT of a cfl grow 4 weeks into flower... im sorry to tell you but thats a str8 up lie...

anyway yea HPS is more expensive.. no question...the equiptment cost more and it uses more power..

and yea HPS puts out more light/lumens per watt, and HPS light is more in the useable range of the spectrum for flowering than CFL.. sooooo

YES... HPS will get better results than CFL.. its all about what U want.. you want bigger better buds and alot more of it? or you want cheaper power bills and low start up cost?? no way is wrong.. just depends on what U really want..

Personaly.. i grew with CFLs a few times and then bought one 400w HPS and the first crop i did on it blew me away.. it was such a huge diferance i swore id never go back and trashed all my CFLs.. then i bought another 400w.. then i upgraded to a 1000w and im about to buy a second 1000w to run with it :) peace

dman1234 said:
Because its funny, how many lumens does 156 watts of CFL's put out?

Not near enough,

if some people can have an opinion that 156 w of CFL is good, well then i can have the opinion that its a joke, and i laugh at jokes, especially when they are this funny.
OK...So its not 156Watts of CFLs... Its 184Watts...But it sounds like in your book, its still a joke. These are pics from my very first grow ever... Half the stuff I did wrong...I used 2700K bulbs the entire grow...My Ph was whatever it was out of the tap, temps were a bit high early on in the grow... But come on.... Seriously... Can you honestly tell me thats something to laugh at ??? The buds glistened with resin almost top to bottom. The leaves were even covered in busted trichs. I pulled bud from her top to bottom...even with the no penetration CFLs. And Im pretty sure if any of you sat down on my couch and toked a few of these you'd be substantially WTFBBQ BLIZZO'D I know the buds would be more dense, and bigger with HID... But for ONLY 23-26 Watts of penetration ( x8 ) Thats at least "SOMEWHAT" impressive yes ?.. No ? .. Maybe ????
1-1-750.jpg1-2-750.jpg1-3-750.jpg

This is like someone else told in some posts earlier ... If you are happy with it nice ... I would smoke one with you for sure :D

But it could be better ... It can always be better :doh:

Sixx said:
OK...So its not 156Watts of CFLs... Its 184Watts...But it sounds like in your book, its still a joke. These are pics from my very first grow ever... Half the stuff I did wrong...I used 2700K bulbs the entire grow...My Ph was whatever it was out of the tap, temps were a bit high early on in the grow... But come on.... Seriously... Can you honestly tell me thats something to laugh at ??? The buds glistened with resin almost top to bottom. The leaves were even covered in busted trichs. I pulled bud from her top to bottom...even with the no penetration CFLs. And Im pretty sure if any of you sat down on my couch and toked a few of these you'd be substantially WTFBBQ BLIZZO'D I know the buds would be more dense, and bigger with HID... But for ONLY 23-26 Watts of penetration ( x8 ) Thats at least "SOMEWHAT" impressive yes ?.. No ? .. Maybe ????
View attachment 167197View attachment 167198View attachment 167199

My friend, I am impressed! Great job with the tools you have, you're having fun and providing for yourself, all you can ask for! I don't care how you grow it, if it makes you happy, I'm happy for you!!

Sixx said:
View attachment 167197View attachment 167198View attachment 167199

I dont know what you want to hear, yeah the first two pics look good, the third not so much, its not about you or that CFL's cant grow weed, its about BIOFREAK saying they are better, cheaper, cooler etc etc, you have done good with your lights, i am happy for you.

dman1234 said:
I dont know what you want to hear, yeah the first two pics look good, the third not so much, its not about you or that CFL's cant grow weed, its about BIOFREAK saying they are better, cheaper, cooler etc etc, you have done good with your lights, i am happy for you.

Yes, if Bio left out the misleading comments, threads about cfl's would go smoother all around!!! I just saw his "cfl's are better" sig line....methinks the guy likes angst and isn't wanting to be taken seriously!

GREAT looking buds sixx I have grown some fire with cfls the only thing about HPS is your buds get bigger and more dense but yes sir CFLs do the job just fine keep it up

Latest posts

Back