My first hydro grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok just lost the 4th seed.

Still not sure what to do with the above mentioned mother/auto.

great

Sometimes autos simply do not auto--flower under a 20 hour light regime. Sometimes, they need the hours cut to 12/12 to flower. Just the fact that you could take cuts and get them to root and flower suggests to me that your auto really isn't. There is no way that having the plant in hydro caused it to not flower properly. I guess that it simply does not have enough ruderalis in it to actually be an autoflowering plant.

Found this in another thread.....maybe the answer I was looking for.

ok guys, I really need help on this.......

I just had 4 seeds die. I just had 4 other seeds pop....I only have 2 left!!! These 4 must survive!!!

The new seedlings are in rapid rooters....all but one has lost its helmet. All 4 have a massive taproot hanging out the bottom of the plug.

Are they ready for my bubble cloner yet? Sending pics asap.

Why are you putting them in a bubble cloner? That is not really an enormous tap root. You will get roots growing all around the cube. I do not like to put them into the hydro unit until I see good root development all around the cube and they have a couple of leaf sets. Let it get a little size to it. Do not feed it yet.

Are you going to put the NL that is not autoing under 12/12 to see if it flowers?

I was thinking the cloner would make it easier for me to make sure they get good light and the proper amount of H20.

I guess you think I should just wait until they have a good root system like you said, then just put in my 5g DWC buckets and be done with it? Oh, and I wouldnt dream of feeding them anytime soon. I wait till the girls tell me when they are hungry, then I start my nute program.

I am changing the rez today then it is going into 12/12. How many days you think it will take to show its true colors, under 12/12?

Sad to say but, I am going back to soil for a little while.

I need to get a few girls (heck ill take one) to clone from, and seeing as I was 100% in soil, and I am now 0/4 in rooters/rockwool, I need to get back to what works for me.

Once I can take clones reliably I will see about putting them into the DWC setup, but until then I need to have success first.

I have 3 seeds in promix bx at the moment. 2 lemon diesel regulars and one afgooey fem

Goodluck to ya, nothing wrong to going back to what works.

Do what you feel most comfortable with. That is the most important thing.

how many days from cutting the clones? they would take 15-30 days normally, be patient

I took some cuttings from the NL plant, waited a few days, then put her in 12/12.

The clones have not rooted yet (6 days now), may not even root or be successful, as I am still not 100% if it is an auto or not.

they would never root in 6 days, i would not begin looking for roots before 10-12 days

they would never root in 6 days, i would not begin looking for roots before 10-12 days

got ya, I have never cloned before. 15-30 days huh? Well that sucks lmao.

Looks like fun filled dissapointment. Last year I tried 10 5 gallon outdoor plants with friend and we got 24 oz. But it was so clean the flower looked the same minus color after smoking it in pipe as it did before all white. Verry clean and tasty.
Don't give up. You will get it.

Just ordered seeds for bubblicious over the weekend. Your grow is looking great

Just ordered seeds for bubblicious over the weekend. Your grow is looking great

Your Bubblicious looks wonderful!

Thanks guys!!

That plant is basically 1 huge cola in the middle, and 4 other smaller ones around it...almost looks like a planet with 4 moons orbiting.

The NL finally started to put on weight.....thank god....she is bushier than my boxwoods in my lawn! She is in 12/12 under 1000W hps......guess it wasnt an auto after all.

Last edited:
Just got my T5 today. Got work to do!!!

I will post pics once done.

I went with the hydrofarm 4' 6 bulb setup. Rated at 30k lumens, switch to dim it down to run only 3 bulbs.

Should be a cost efficient move, replacing the 400W MH with these. Now I can put my vent fan on a timer because of the heat output difference, along with running at 80W less than the MH.

From what I have read, you dont want the vent fan on a timer. it should be running all the time to vent not only heat, but the gases released by the plant and to draw fresh air over the leaves. I use a passive intake from my basement and vent it outside next to the drier vent. I can feel the pull from the cat flap in the door into the basement as exhaust runs.

Latest posts

Back