Mystery Grow 2009

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol uhh ohh, maybe u just got some bad seeds,oviously it wasnt an auto or u messed sumthi8n up by toppin or w.e u did, butt at least ull have a regular plant :)

I think I was shipped something other then LR2 to be honest. I've read other responses to topping LR2 on other forums and no one mentions no auto flowering as the result of topping so I really have to question it all together.

In other news, I am not out of the clear on this one plant showing a female preflower just yet... I can only assume it will be a female and not a hermie by its over all appearance. It looks healthy and has no irregular look to it so far. In the meantime, my fingers are crossed and I will be easy on the nutes to ease these into flowering.

Whatever variety it is all the plants have wide leathery leaves, stout frame and has a little bit of smell to it already.

Here we are at Day 44 - Flowering 1-5 Days

I have three females total all in the front row and a trimmed up male hiding in the back. Once I gather it's pollen he's outta there! Two of the females are very healthily looking while one has leaves that are curling a bit. Fortunately for me the healthiest looking plant (the tallest one shown in earlier pictures) turned out to be a female after all and is the overall bushiest. That's the one shown in the first picture below.

D44_1Myst.JPG

D44_Myst.JPG

I am not sure what I have on my hands but all the females have 9 leaves.

I swear the root system is out of control because ofthe hard time I had when removing my clay pellets from a previously removed males root system! I can't say I've seen roots like this before. From the looks of how thick the stems and pre-flower leaves these guys are going to want to stretch and will require some clever maneuvering.

Those are sativas for sure with 9 leaves, just what % sativa will probably matter the most. I hope your grow room is tall and you got darn lucky you were topping lol. Sativas get tall. My only sativas I ever grew was a variety around here called donkey ****. I flowered them at about 2 feet tall and they ended up 6 feet tall when it was all said and done.

Yeah I was afraid of that when I was looking for the shortest flowering time possible this cycle. I'm counting on a low percentage of Sativa for a shorter flowering period. I am working with less then 3 feet of vertical space and thats not counting the height of the ebb n flow tray and rez which is almost a foot. On the other hand these ladies are very stinky. =)

If they take off on you, I will loan you my chainsaw, okay?

Here we are at day 53 Flowering 10-14 days.

The male was ready to give me some pollen a few days ago and was cut down shortly after pollination of lower branches on all three females. Lately the three ladies have been looking a little stressed out so I will only give them water for a few days and keep a close eye on them. As you can see we have some nice bud development with little stretching so I may be in luck and not have these take off on me and begin to outgrow their space!

D53_Myst.JPG

D53_Myst_1.JPG

D53_Myst_2.JPG

Here we are at day 60 <> Flowering 17-21 days.

Two of the three ladies are showing signs of nute burn while the third (shown in the pic to the left) is looking healthy with little signs of burn. However, those two showing signs of moderate nute burn appear to be a separate pheno with skinner and less leaves with more bud development while the healthy one has more leaves and less bud development.

D60_myst.JPG

D60_myst1.JPG

Here we are at day 70 <> Flowering 27-31 days <> Pollinated 21 days.

I am amazed how well these bounced back from nute burn. When I look at all three plants I see 2 that are very similar in appearance and fragrance with thick juicy buds (those shown toward the front) while the third (shown at the far back) is completely different with a much higher leave to hair ratio and a completely different fragrance. Also the third plant is much more resilient to the nutrients then the other two twins.

It looks like I'll be harvesting the 2 similar plants much earlier then the third.

Anyone care to possibly take a stab at what varieties mj-seeds.nl sent me?

D70_Myst.JPG

D70_Myst_1.JPG

D70_Myst_2.JPG

Only way you might be able to narrow it down a tad is if its trichs are starting to show amber and no red hairs you have a white family seed probably. I don't know really. It looks like some trichs are starting to form nicely. I'm curious to see how it all turns out.

By the way I would shoot those guys an email and pics of your plant or something and tell them you didn't get LR 2 like you were suppose to. These guys live off reputation maybe they will kick you back with some LR 2 or something.

One last thing how tall are those plants? They look like 2 to 3 feet tall. You veged for over 35 days and now been flowering another 30 days. You have some very very very short plants for a regular veged plant of 35 days. Interesting...

Thanks Manel. I am curious because its looks like I have two seperate varieties all together so sending those guys an email is probably a good idea. I didnt want to be one of a hundred of emails they do get where people are trying to scam them for extra beans or pester them over shipping.

I got something interesting that I am sure if better then any bagseed but I wish I knew what it was for my own collection purposes. Who knows, maybe they'll send some freebies after they realize that all I want to know is what variety these two seperate plants are.

The more leafier one is the tallest and is a little over two foot while the other two similar ones are a little under 2 foot. I topped them all so they would fit in my less then 3 foot of vertical space.

The two shorter ones which could be from the white family are looking they will finish well before the third plant (maybe 7-9 weeks total flower time). The hairs are still creamy white with little color variation while trichs are abundant and very clear. They remind me a lot of my Blue Mystic without the purple.

The third is looking like a christmas tree with what it appears to be skinnier bud formations and more leaves. However, if the colas start to bulk out I could have some moster buds on my hands. Right now hiding under those leaves are colas about 5-9 inches tall and can easily fatten up to be nice ones being that it looks like it will take about 9-12 weks to finish this one plant.

Wow, the support at mjs.nl are fast, fast, fast! Within less then 24 hours I received a response stating that they "earlier in the year [this strain] shown some instabilities in their characteristics due to the forced nature of the strain" and were certain they sent the correct seeds and that they would send some premium seeds with a future purchase. I would have thought they would want to ship something without waiting for a purchase but I presume they are always fending off the scammers. =)

Here we are at day 82 <> Flowering 39-43 days <> Pollinated 33 days.

The ladies are coming along well although suffering some a bad case of nute burn. The plant in the front (shown in detail in pic to the far left) is about to be harvested soon while the plant in the center will follow a week behind. The last plant in the far back will probably take a few more weeks. Although it appears this plant will take the longest to finish the main cola is already 11+ inches and starting to thicken up nicely.

BTW - About mj-s.nl, they say they are sending another 10 LR2 with my Bubblegum. They responded to emails in less then 24 hours each time.These guys are all about squaring up when it's on them. =)

D82_Myst.JPG

D82_Myst_2.JPG

D82Myst_1.JPG

May be a mystery what those girls are but they sure do look appealing already, I'd like to see how they finish out, and any qualitative reports.

Interesting pheno's your coming up with, sativa properties sounds promising, I'm quite fond of sativas, since I find indica to be far more common in the feline circles HappyCat associates in. Keep us updated as the harvest comes in as to additional characteristics smells and flavours you might get.

Nice thing about a mystery grow is finding those extra special properties inherent to particular phenos, and maybe even managing to harness them for furture generations.

Thanks HappyCat. This grow was disappointing although I did get a little smoke out the deal.

The two girls I yanked out almost a day after m,y last post and those finished out with a little to offer. The buds are slightly fluffy and the taste is bland with a very slight hint of vicks in the background. again nothing special but something. The sativa looking plant was harvested a week after the first 2 girls and really has nothing to offer other smoke when none else is around. It had a high leave to hair ratio but if finished properly it may have had some monster buds. I have little expereince with Sativa's but do have some Super Silver Haze and Thai X Super Skunk to play with down the road.

All in all the grow was disappointing and did not yield any qualities I liked. I got about 2 ounces of smoke that hopefully will last me till next harvest.

I was anxious to ditch this grow and move onto Nirvana's AK48 which is heading into it's 2 week of veg growth.

nice plants i bet theyre stinkin up the place huh? harvest should be fun huh??

Latest posts

Back