New grower. Bubblelicious fem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I buy my GH 3 part on amazon.com....the sweet lime shld allow you to not hve to run any Cal/mag. Since I started adding sweet lime I no longer need to use Cal/mag. Jmo

THG....What ppm am i looking for. I do have a excellent waterfilter for drinking water. I could just run more of that and store it. It takes 6 hours to run 2 gallons thru the cermaic filters. I got the Filter when my boss at the time was going thru "'stones". I saw the pain he was in and bought the filter. My water tested fine and smelled good, but any extra minerals not depositing in me is a good thing.

Ventalation Improvements still in the works. seedling area showing at 80f under lights at 20 inches from 600mh.

TSBS.... Thanks for the nute recommendations, i will look into it. Also I have never been to my local hydro place, for some reason when I think about going my mind starts to think like I'm going to the headshop....lol

Thanks all for your knowlege and support.

Iams

Iams said:
Also I have never been to my local hydro place, for some reason when I think about going my mind starts to think like I'm going to the headshop....lol

Iams

I had the feeling the first time I was in there, I also had to keep focused on the stuff I NEEDED and not wanted lol I felt like a kid in a candy store lmao.

The fan I'm going to be using is the vortex 6 inch fan thats rated at 440CFM that I will be pulling air from my carbon filter through the reflective hood through the fan and into the attic, my intake will be passive. Make sure you keep a good negative pressure in your room to allow for no smells to escape. You'll want a speed controller for your fan too.

Just be sure to watch what wording you use when it comes to your plants, If they ask what your growing just tell them tomatoes. But they dont care what your growing as long as they make money. I would look online it might be cheaper than the hydro store.

I dreaded going to the hydro/indoor store. I began my growing initiation in the scare wake of Operation Green Merchant. Literally undercover pigs perusing the grow store while actual patrons are trying to look innocuous while buying their "tomato" supplies.

They knew back then why I was there, just like hey know now why you're there....

MY Indoor guy even told me to park behind the store so drivebyer cops wouldnt tag my car.

Sounds like mail order is the way. I live near a college town that only has 1 hydro shop listed in the on-line-yeller-pages.

thanks to all for help so far.

Iams

ps about ppm. what should I look for for my well water and feeding water?

I believe the classification of hardwater is at 200+ppm it will be fine to use (some one will correct me if I'm wrong) and GH makes a flora micro for hardwater if your water is hard.

Just ordered gh3 and ph pen w/ calibration fluid. Also The seed I started has broken surface and is about 2 inches tall. I removed the 2ltr dome on it today. 600w mh is about 20 inches from top of sprout. I guess at this point I am watching for strech from light too far away and burn if too close?

Also my tap/ well water is 151 ppm before filtering so that seems to be a little hard but still useable.

Glad this grows under 24hr lights cause I cant stay out of the room. I wan't to check on it way too often...lol

Anymore helpful advice always welcome.

Iams

I check my first little beans I popped about every other hour (when I'm home) the new growth that takes place is actually pretty cool to watch. My seedlings are gettin use to sunlight so in the morning they tend to bend towards the morning sun and I have to keep rotating them through out the day to keep the standing up right. Cant wait till I have my indoor equip up and running! Feel free to throw up some pics, people will be able to know right away if they're stretching too much (well after a day or two maybe three :) ).

Ozzy, Glad u asked that. The wife and I cant remember who last cleaned the filter. It tested at 119-120 before cleaning. I will have other numbers tomorrow after a batch goes thru.

Tsbs... green mojo to your sprouts. I'll try to find digital camera for a pic. Since noon I have found that another seed has broken surface. Its a bagweed seed but I thought it would be good for the learning curve to sprout some other seeds.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Iams.

Iams said:
Tsbs... green mojo to your sprouts. I'll try to find digital camera for a pic. Since noon I have found that another seed has broken surface. Its a bagweed seed but I thought it would be good for the learning curve to sprout some other seeds.

Iams.

Thanks Iams Mojo to you too! I started with these bag seeds that were claimed to be blueberry just to practice germing them and now they actually came up lol.

The Silver Bullet Special said:
Thanks Iams Mojo to you too! I started with these bag seeds that were claimed to be blueberry just to practice germing them and now they actually came up lol.

Yup! started some bagweed seeds too just for learning. I'd much rather get practice sexing bagweed seeds than my good stuff. I hope you get lucky with yours and get some girls.

Iams.

Heres a pic of my little babies about 5 days after breaking surface I havnt been keeping track of days... The one on the left is said to be a thai thats genetics were brought back from a friend that was in the nam war and the guy has been growin it out for bout 35 years(the seed was 12 yrs old so I'm suprised it popped) so I'll be looking for a sativa dominate in that one, and the one on the right is the "blueberry" bag seed if true it should be more indica leaning (from other breeder's descriptions).

Plants.jpg

Ok. After reading some more I have learned of another problem I have.

Right now I have a 600w mh with a 4x3 grow area in the corner of a 12x10 room. So, with my confused thinking, I was trying to vent a 10x12x8+ space for a 4x3 grow area.

It appears to me now why a tent for this size grow is the best way to go.
air cooling and maxamizing lighting. As long as I have the heat properly vented in the tent space I have plenty of other space to work from... i.e. ''

If the grow is in a grow tent and the internal temp to be maintained at 75-78 degrees it would help that it grew in a tent in a room that maintained in a room that was 72 degrees. That cannot be done without a tent with its own ventaltion and a room with its own ventaltion.

The household ac would provide the air to this room. The exhaust for the plants would go out thru the roof. I am still working on the plan for filters and scrubbers and such. Also I believe that passive intakes to this room needs to be provided to help with air exchange.

So, taking a step back and more looking at the work to be done.... What say you?

Iams.

Your right, draw household air into the tent and push the hot air through into the attic(through the roof), my set up with me will be scrubber( carbon filter), air cooled light hood, fan, exhaust to roof. Plus tents are light proof for when you flower!

I would much rather buy a carbon filter than make my own where I know it will work, as far as brand I have no clue I'm still trying to figure out which brand to get myself. You don't need a carbon filter during veg growth only flowering. Make sure if you vent to the attic that you have a way to move the air up and around or you run the risk of mold; or you can just vent straight out of your ridge cap if you have one or make an actual vent tube in your roof itself to make it look like another dryer vent(make sure its water tight or your roof will leak)

Have a fan that will be able to move the cubic volume of air in your tent in under I believe 5 minutes. Air is more efficently moved if you pull the air, so put you'll want a passive intake.

Iams said:
Tsbs.... looking good. I hope that is normal stretch for 5+ days. i don't know. Thanks for posting.

Iams.

It probably isnt since these things only get like 13hrs of light a day I had to bury one deeper because it stretched too much. Gotta love experiments least these dont matter too much!

Latest posts

Back