new to the grow scene

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samandwendy

Reaction score
hey guys, we're a married couple tired of spending money on the good stuff, so we decided to grow our own. we want to start very small and keep it that way, as this is purely for our pleasure and not profit. We are going to start a thread on exactly what we plan on doing so we can get as much advice and insight as possible. This looks like a very informative forum and hope to have good plants and good times during our adventure :)

Welcome to MP. I would suggest a perpetual grow. Set up a veg box and a flower box. Grow a mother and take clones. I am currently setting myself up to produce 2oz a month. My cabinet is 3'x4'x8' divided in half 2 4' tall boxes.

hello and welcome to MP sam and wendy ,,:48:

look forward to seeing the pair of you around the boards ,,,
remeber to put a link of your gj in your signature so we can find it easily enough :peace:

gj? what is that? sorry, noobs here.
we started a thread of what we plan on doing, so hopefully all will go well.
thanks for the warm welcome.

GJ is a Grow Journal..a place to document your grow and where people can look in and help with any problems that arise...plus it helps you to remember dates of when things happened...

Welcome to MP by the way.....Nice to see couples involved...My wife is also involved in the grow...

Welcome to MP. My wife and I are newbie growers this year. Suggestion for strains, Lowryder or a variation. There's a lot of information here about that strain. Sativa strains take a looooooooong time to grow. Patience is a virtue.
Soil or hydro?

Hi there and welcome to MP. This is a great place to learn/share your knowledge of growing mj. It's filled with all sorts of information that will definitely help you along the way. It's also filled with members from all over the world who are more than willing to help you out in any way possible. I hope to see you around the forums sometime soon. Until then, take care and be safe.

mr.greengenes said:
Sativa strains take a looooooooong time to grow. Patience is a virtue.

Right on about that-lol
Samandwendy,
There is a looooong thread about lowryder-I'd check it out if you have'nt.

:joint: Welcome to Marijuana Passion!!! :joint:

Gb

we're going soil. Trying to keep things as simple as possible.
we've been also thinking about getting some seeds online as well. I'm afraid the plant that will be given to me might be male, which in that case, we'll be screwed. This is something we've been wanting to do for a long time and I have read all of the resource documents this site has and there's is a wealth of information on this site. I'm sure I will have a ton of questions along the way and I thank everyone for their help.

Hello and welcome samandwendy !
I am a noob as well, good to see that more couples are involved in such a great gift that we can all share. I always tell my wife "those who smoke together, stay together" hahaha ! It sure keeps the peace in our home !
Good luck to you both and stay intouch ! :ccc:

I'm off to buy a bag of Foxfarm Ocean Forest® Potting Soil tomorrow for my two AK-48's (they say this strain can be harvested in 48 days). I have 3 Super Lemon Haze in hydro. Hydroponics is not very difficult I've discovered and the growth is much faster than soil as I'm sure you've read here. Consider hydro for a future project. I did after reading here about its benefits. Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back