Nice To Meet You

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenrock33

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to the site and I'm looking for info on how to grow @ home. I'm looking to grow for personal use, and I've googled and read articles but I'm still confused, and sometimes this sound like rocket science to me. I'm looking for info on how to grow using soil and sunlight, I was planning on using my patio to grow, I don't know if this is a good idea or not, any info or advice I can get would be greatly appreciated!!! Please be as simple as you can be, I mean growing for dummies 101 simple please.

Thanks
Kenrock33

Hey Hamster Lewis, thanks for the reply. I live in Texas, it's colder than usual right now, about 50 degrees but no snow

Yeah 50 will not cut it with MJ...plus the sunlight is not very strong this time of year...I wld read all you can and prepare for the spring...but then again I am not an outdoor grower at all so I might be hella wrong too...:)

We hve excellent members here and quite a few outdoor growers...I am sure people will be more then happy to help you...

I thought about indoor growing, but the whole lighting set-up sounds complicated and expensive. Is that the case or am I mistaken? Like I said in my post, I'm totally lost on this subject.

In order to do it right it does get expensive...I try not to think about just how much cash I hve put into my grow equipment and beans...:)
That being said though...if you hve some bag seed lying around and can get a fan and a cpl cfl's you cld have a lil fun and learn a cpl things from hands on experience...
Bag seed has a tendency to Hermi though so it's a gamble growing it out. I practice germing techniques with the bag seed I hve...then I kill them.

Read as much as you can and look around the site and absorb whatever you can...the grow journal section is an excellent place to go and see how others are growing...

Thanks for your time dude, I will check out the other forums on this site

I used to live in southern texas.

January and spring is one thing

summer is another story. hot hot hot I grew one of the first skunk plants in texas. Used dried cat **** for fertilizer.

You should start your seeds now. Get a flouroscent light if your cheap. Or go to Lowes and buy a 70 watt hps at minimum.. cost you $80.00 GI counting tax.

That will get your grow started for when that hot Texas spring sun shows up in 30 or 40 days.

You got bag seeds? or what?

or you can just wait another month or 2.

Trouble with Texas soil .. Its dry and dead .

dummy 101 for Texas

in march.... wait till March 15 just to be safe.

dig hole in Texas.. remove alkaline salty dirt.

dig deep dig wide hole

Fill hole with good soil or medium.

Stick seed in

Water

Kill any birds who try to eat your seed

Shoot any deer who try to eat your planty when it comes up.

Welcome to MP! Start yer clones about a week before last frost. Inside can be expensive but you can biuld up! You'll find your way here! The soil is different all over texas but one thing is fer certain is the damn clay you run into!

Hey Terminal Head Clearance, thanks for the post. I was actually thinking of using a 5gal pot and growing it on my outdoor patio, do you think that's a good idea?

Latest posts

Back