Northern Lights and Aurora Indica: Round 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen any frosting yet on either plant. Is that normal? My satori's I had growing last were starting to frost during pre-flower; maybe it is just strain dependent.

i think so my friend.i had some sat doms and they did not really get frosty until the last couple weeks of flower.had me worried.

BuddyLuv said:
I am going to go out on a limb here. I have a NLxBig Bud that was bought from Nirvana, which appears to be what MarijuanaNlseeds seems to be selling. The plant looks exactly the same as the one in your pic. It too is taking for ever to bud and is a monster bush that had to be tied down. I will take a pic for you so you can see. I have a feeling someone may have substituted your pure NL beans with this cross. Did yours almost quadruple in size when it went into flower? I had to flower my last batch of clones at 6 inches because the mother did this, they too did the same thing.

Thanks Buddyluv!!! :) I checked out Nirvana's website and I see there are 2 different phenotypes for the NL x BB, one being like you said very sativa, which is the one recommended to keep by a reviewer. When you get a chance post up a pic of yours, Id love to see it.

godspeedsuckah said:
I am considering this my first week of flowering (nearly 3 weeks to start seeing white hairs.)

How come? I thought flowering was counted from they first pistils, or from 12/12 if they showed pistil preflowers during veg? Looking great anyway :D

Hi Thorn :) It took her almost 3 weeks to show sex. I knew she would have a lot of stretch so I put her in 12/12 at 4 weeks and it took 2.5 weeks for her to finally show sex. I have contacted marijuana-seeds.nl AGAIN on why my Northern Lights looks like a mexican sativa LOL and they are assuring me that there was no mix up and with "hybrids anything can happen." They are still trying to contact the breeder to find out. So my next seed purchase won't be with them. I am looking at a sativa from ace seeds and also something from TGA and Joey Weed.

hey bro,i'm about at the same place as you.i have yet to get a reply from marijuana-seeds.nl about my mazar issue.if they do not do or tell me something,i too will never order from them again.i just wish someone could or would tell me the reason the mazarxafghani have not shown sex yet.i'm sorry for taking up space on your thread.good luck bro.

Hi andy!! Plenty of room here for everyone friend. Im not sure what to do with this "northern lights" should i just finish it and see? Here is a pic of the AI cola popping out to say Hi and a couple pics of my NL jungle. I took a close up of a budsite on the NL. What do you think, grow it out? All the NL's looked like this one, even the males.

ai.jpg

nl.jpg

nl2.jpg

dang bro,they look good.after all this time invested,i would finish the grow.thats the challenge i was faced with.i almost pulled my mazar last night.i was buzzed and pissed and tired of the plants not showing sex.i am almost 100%sure now,that the biggest one i have is a lady.
you,like me,have a lot invested in this grow,to just scrap it.might as well see it thru.i will not be ordering from marijuana-seeds.nl for a long time,if ever.we invest too much time and money on our grows to have a seed dealer screw us on the product we want to grow.now i am kinda leery of the big bud,northern lights,bubble gum and super silver haze seeds i got from the same place.i am very happy with the crystal seeds i got.its just crazy to order one thing and then not know what the hell you've got growing.good luck bro,sorry for running on.

I still can't decide if I am going to cut this bush back some since it is still stretching or if I am going to just get rid of it and start some other seeds. This thing is just ridiculous. I may cut back about 2/3 of the plant and see what happens. It is way too frustrating. It is smothering the AI which is doing real well.

Decision made:

I am going to cut it back tonight and if it hermie's on it than I am going to get rid of it.

:hairpull: Well I snapped tonight and gave the jungle a hair cut. If it hermie's on me I really don't care I will just chuck it. I am going to pop in a couple more seeds of that and do 12/12 from the start, see what happens. I also have a couple mango seeds left over I may try as well. Can't wait for Satori ;) My aurora girl is doing great, and I switched nutes over to botanicare pure blend pro bloom, seems to be much easier on her.

Yeah I feel ya god. I will not be growing this strain again. Too unmanageable for me, that and the late flowering sets you back two weeks.

Well I snapped again and the Northern Lights is turned into compost for the veggie garden in the spring!! I have the Aurora Indica girl left and she is doing great. 2 weeks and 2 days fully flowering and looking frosty. If she doesn't hermie on me and I like her I will reveg and get a few clones.

I agree about the AI has a great structure. I am just starting to flower myself, I think I might be a week point five behind you. THe NL looks to have stretched but that Aurora doesn't like to stretch. I have the tightest internodes ever.

well tomorrow is the date i change the res on the monster mazar.i am going to leave her out of the tent and see what she does without the HPS.if she looks sheety in a few days i will chop her.she just got out of hand and is hindering the flowering of my other ladies.pisses me off.never any mazar in my tents again.i feel ya bro.

Yeah that's what happened with me andy, then I just snapped lol.

Hey raoulduke, yeah the AI has real tight internodes and the lower half has all grown up to one even canopy under the main cola; very cool looking. I just wish I had her in soil. I do like the coco coir but it is just too much for my fragile little mind. I am starting all the rest of the AI seeds in MG soil :eek: this weekend. I am am hoping I get a couple more males like the 2 I killed (damn I wasn't thinking) and a couple females like this one....makin babies time!!!

I chopped my males without harvesting a little pollen and now I want to breed with the clones I have going but I'm **** out of luck. I have 2 AI clones and one Haze clone that would be ideal to breed with it. But I guess I'll just have to be patient. Who knows? I might even pop a banana here in a few weeks, and then I might get another chance. lol

AI looking good!

I harvested one AI last month... Was fine but far from what expected...
Have to say my grow room was a mess... Lights not good either...
U girl looking sweet!
Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back