? on mothers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnp

Reaction score
has anyone heard of a newer strain called 50-50. ive got a couple of them one is like 7 feet tall havent been growing long but i want to shorten her up and make her fat. should i chop the tops or...?

got any pics??? i'd love to see a 7 footer for sure..

i've never heard of a strain called 50-50. im guessing its a 50 indica 50 sativa cross.? also you should be fine to take the top out but it will continue to get taller as the branches grow. if you plan to cut it down to a 4 footer then i wouldn't take more than 1/3 of the plant at a time.. would really like to see pics to give better advise since this is all based on what little info you gave us.

017[6].JPG

View attachment 011[1].JPGi had to move my room around because ive started cloning off some plants some in dirt and some hydroponically the plants in dirt seem to be doin a little better ill upload some pics when i can. but here is another of the 7', 50-50

that plant is a crazy sativa., I bet she takes 12-16 weeks to finish flower. She's only 1/2 under the light and she's still going crazy. Fast tall grower, what a great outdoor pheno if her smoke it good.

You can cut her back if you want, just make sure you take the cut above a node that has a bit of new growth sprouting.

She's so huge, was wondering why you haven't topped her already, or put her to flower?

Actually, I would cut her back then LST her, that would keep her short and really maximize all the colas that are going to develop after cutting her back. Do it right and you could pull some amazing weight off this girl.

Good luck

havent got my light in yet but i think im going to leave it alone for a while and clone off her ive been cutting her back a little by little it seems like its only lookin better

Take a count of the number of leaf blades on each fan leaf...I read that if the count is 4-5 or less it is mostly Indica...9 or more mostly Sativa..By the size it looks Sativa though.

johnp said:
havent got my light in yet but i think im going to leave it alone for a while and clone off her ive been cutting her back a little by little it seems like its only lookin better

You could root hundreds of plants off that one. She's insane.

i got my cloning tent set up and the clones were all drooping for a couple of days but today tey are all standing up straight 019[1].JPG

020[1].JPG

most leaves have 4 or 5 thinking more indica but its supposed to be bred 50-50 goin good ill keep updating

It looks a lot like my grape vine come August....all over the place.

View attachment 011.JPGany suggestions i switched out the lights from the sol lighting to a 250 watt hps/mh but im only running the hps should i be running both or...?

you are going to have to bend over the branches and tie them down.
EDIT: They can take a lot of bend, especially super stretchy plants like yours that don't have fat thick stalks.

im tryin to get her under control slowiy but surely come time when i put the others into flowering ill have her a 5' tall but 4' wide

johnp said:
any suggestions i switched out the lights from the sol lighting to a 250 watt hps/mh but im only running the hps should i be running both or...?

If you are still veggin you want the MH for more blue, but you can also veg with HPS. Are you running your lights 24 hours a day while in veg or 18/6? If you run them 24 hrs/day you will have less stretch. I drill holes in the edges of my soil pots, run the floss through the holes.

I use pipe cleaners to lst with...I drill holes along the lip of the pot and use the pipe cleaners to do the dirty work. I think you are beyond pipe cleaners though. I wld trim her back real good. I do it with my moms or I take clones and then flower the mom and replace her with a clone to freshen things up.

18/6 thats good to know so i can change it around to do what i want it to thanks ill keep posting

What is your goal here? To keep her as a mom and get her unruly or to flower her out? She is so big I wldnt try to flower her out in that condition for sure. If she is that big now and hvy Sat leaning she cld triple in flower.jmo

Latest posts

Back