One Skywalker OG Seed / 10 Gallon Pot / 3x3 Tent / Goal = 1 Pound Dry Yield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I entered on X this year. The winner last year was a friggin tree, literally. Last year it was a small group from Jerry’s forum @JustCannabisSeed. There were maybe 10 entries. They all looked sad.

Today is 29 days past germination and 9 days into veg. As you can see from the pix, I topped it last night. I'll wait until two more nodes grow and then I'll top both. Another week past that and I'll begin to bend and tie the branching down to begin to develop the canopy. Note how low it's growing...I keep the light intense enough to keep the plant as short as possible. I'll report on PAR #'s with my next post.

Attachments

• 20240606_075553.jpg
    20240606_075553.jpg
    667.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240606_075531.jpg
    20240606_075531.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Today is 29 days past germination and 9 days into veg. As you can see from the pix, I topped it last night. I'll wait until two more nodes grow and then I'll top both. Another week past that and I'll begin to bend and tie the branching down to begin to develop the canopy. Note how low it's growing...I keep the light intense enough to keep the plant as short as possible. I'll report on PAR #'s with my next post.

Wishing you the absolute best of luck this year!
Ty we shall see, if I get a tree. I may have a chance. Thanks most of the growers that post on X are freaking artists. My biggest to date was the 6 foot auto. Last summer my tallest was 62 inches. I have sone in veg that are really putting on the height. I still have not found any males either. That is a bit weird. Once I find one the others wont be far behind. I expect about 30-40 % male. Any of those honking ones turn male I will be harvesting pollen. I love a big bushy cannabis plant. They are rare to find without manipulation. I did not top anything. Got too busy with mom from her heart attack and recovery so no time. I did start stripping all the lower stuff.

Ty we shall see, if I get a tree. I may have a chance. Thanks most of the growers that post on X are freaking artists. My biggest to date was the 6 foot auto. Last summer my tallest was 62 inches. I have sone in veg that are really putting on the height. I still have not found any males either. That is a bit weird. Once I find one the others wont be far behind. I expect about 30-40 % male. Any of those honking ones turn male I will be harvesting pollen. I love a big bushy cannabis plant. They are rare to find without manipulation. I did not top anything. Got too busy with mom from her heart attack and recovery so no time. I did start stripping all the lower stuff.
My tent is 6' tall, so I have to keep my plants from stretching too much.

Really sorry to hear about your mom's condition - I'm hoping she has stabilized and is improving every day.

I use upper and lower trellis netting and set them up sometime during the stretch in early flower.
I uploaded a pic of CoM's feeding chart, which includes Stonington Grower's Mix
I use upper and lower trellis netting and set them up sometime during the stretch in early flower.
I uploaded CoM's suggested Feeding Schedule. It's broken down by pot size. You can see that they claim I've got two months of nutes in my 10 gallon pot and they suggest amending plant food and castings in mid to late veg and fish bone meal three times in early, mid and late flower.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240607_150546_Kindle.jpg
    Screenshot_20240607_150546_Kindle.jpg
    890.7 KB · Views: 0
I find it pretty interesting to see how other people grow.
After one topping, it grows like a cabbage. I'll top both new nodes soon and then the canopy will widen. That's when I'll start bending the branches 45° and tying them down.

I'm providing the plant with an average of 540 PAR per a Vabira model VBR200 meter. It also measures VPD so I'm using the average of rhe AC Infinity controller's reads and the Vabira to determine my VPD which is averaging 1.06.

Attachments

• 20240610_164808.jpg
    20240610_164808.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
After one topping, it grows like a cabbage. I'll top both new nodes soon and then the canopy will widen. That's when I'll start bending the branches 45° and tying them down.

I'm providing the plant with an average of 540 PAR per a Vabira model VBR200 meter. It also measures VPD so I'm using the average of rhe AC Infinity controller's reads and the Vabira to determine my VPD which is averaging 1.06.
Nice looking plant

I lollipopped the bottom third of the plant this morning and will wait two to three days more until I complete the second toppings. Watered thoroughly and reset my light height and power (MarsHydro TS3000 @ 450w) to 650 PAR at the center of the canopy. Edges are getting about 600. VPD averages 1.05 for 18 hours and the best I can do overnight is 1.3.

Attachments

• 20240612_092533.jpg
    20240612_092533.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 0
Happy plant n happy numbers.
So far, so good, but I'm wrestling with the DLI. In summer plants get 15 to 16 hours of light per day and yet during flower, I'm only providing 12 hours of light. I'm thinking of starting off at 21 hours of light during veg for six weeks and then flip to 15 hours with the next grow.

So far, so good, but I'm wrestling with the DLI. In summer plants get 15 to 16 hours of light per day and yet during flower, I'm only providing 12 hours of light. I'm thinking of starting off at 21 hours of light during veg for six weeks and then flip to 15 hours with the next grow.
Well yeah, unless ya want to flower now. 12hrs they're gonna flower. I set it and forget it at 18/6.

Well yeah, unless ya want to flower now. 12hrs they're gonna flower. I set it and forget it at 18/6.
Here's what I'm saying - I think we can add 3 more hours per day of light during veg (21 vs 18) and 3 more hours during flower (15 vs 12). Instead of 18/12, I'm going to use 21/15. I can dim the power slightly, keep the heat down and lower the stress and still increase the DLI with such a change.

Here's what I'm saying - I only veg for 6 weeks. I think we can add 3 more hours per day of light during veg (21 vs 18) and 3 more hours during flower (15 vs 12). Instead of 18/12, I'm going to use 21/15. I can dim the power slightly, keep the heat down and lower the stress and still increase the DLI with such a change.

Running the #'s: Skywalker OG finishes in about 9 weeks, so using 18/6 for veg and 12/12 for flower, I'm giving the plant 1,512 hours of light and 1,008 hours of rest or darkness throughout the 15 week grow.

Changing to 21 hrs of light and 3 dark during veg and 15 hrs of light and 9 dark during flower adds 315 more light hours during those same 15 weeks.

Anyone see a problem that could result that I'm missing?

Latest posts

Back