Only Water?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curiouscat420

Fat, Hairy and Stinky
Reaction score
I have read that I am supposed to give my girls ONLY distilled water for the last week or so of flowering.

Now, this is my first grow, so I have learned a few things a long the way that could have prevented some if not all of my issues... but that is what a first time is for :D

Anyway, I have two girls in one large bucket, both of them at 5 weeks. Both have a MASSIVE amount of roots that are all intertwined with each other.. My girl that is considerably larger in all ways looks to be on the 8 week pace from what I can tell. The other girl that is considerably slower and shorter, but stinkier, seems to be on the 10-11 week pace.

So, here is my quandry:

Do I give my smaller girl ONLY water for the last 3 weeks?
or
Do I harvest my larger girl without giving her a week of ONLY water?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

ALL advice is greatly appreciated!! :D

i would start flushing around 1.5 weeks before harvest of the first one ,,,then the larger one wont go without to much ,,,,jmo :48:

This is one of the problems with multi-plant containers, especially with different strains. You are in a quandry that there is really no answer for. I think it would be a real bad idea for the smaller plant to go 4+ weeks with no nutrients. If this was me, I would just keep feeding them. There are many on here that give nutes right up to harvest with no flush.

How much damage can a root system handle?

I mean, i COULD take her out and keep her in the same basket, cut away at the roots and place her into a 5G bucket alone... but i would REALLY damage those roots... is that SO bad if its the last week?? pardon my ignorance.

I would like to know how much damage roots can handle to?!

Roots die then regrow, it will be awfully hard for a flowering plant this far to regrow its root system, let alone bounce back from the cannibalistic transplant.

THG has good advice above you.

love the term "cannabalistic transplant" - its funny because that is exactly how i felt about it... nice :D

DO NOT TRANSPLANT!!!! not at this stage anyway..... will stress BIG time....

I would do like THG says.. Feed the large one till harvest and then flush out the late one if you wish. One thing this will do is give you a taste of both to see if you can tell the difference or not 8).

Latest posts

Back