Ordering Seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noobiewithadoobie

OBL - Official Bong Lover
Reaction score
I have read numerous posts on here about different strains people have been growing from different seed companies. My question is this, I am in the U.S. and I am wondering how it is possible to order seeds from other countries and have them shipped without attracting a lot of unwanted attention. I have to say that it took me a very long time to even consider posting anything on here due to my extreme desire to remain an anonymous model citizen and not have the police raiding my house for wanting to grow a few (2-4) plants for my own consumption. Isn't it amazing that "they" state that marijuana is a cause for crime and here we all are trying to be self sufficient so we don't have to try and track down a "dealer" and contribute to the underworld of crime? Anyways, I don't think I could ever order seeds and have them shipped to me anywhere in the U.S. and not be totally freaked out about getting busted. I must say it is soo tempting once you look at the strains, flavors and especially the names!! Oh how I truly love the names.....
Double Skunkberry Boobonibis, Purple Yurplelicious, CranHaze Funk #5, and the like :yay:

Can anyone even begin to explain how you can get your hands on some of these companies seeds without being noticed?

noobiewithadoobie said:
I have read numerous posts on here about different strains people have been growing from different seed companies. My question is this, I am in the U.S. and I am wondering how it is possible to order seeds from other countries and have them shipped without attracting a lot of unwanted attention. I have to say that it took me a very long time to even consider posting anything on here due to my extreme desire to remain an anonymous model citizen and not have the police raiding my house for wanting to grow a few (2-4) plants for my own consumption. Isn't it amazing that "they" state that marijuana is a cause for crime and here we all are trying to be self sufficient so we don't have to try and track down a "dealer" and contribute to the underworld of crime? Anyways, I don't think I could ever order seeds and have them shipped to me anywhere in the U.S. and not be totally freaked out about getting busted. I must say it is soo tempting once you look at the strains, flavors and especially the names!! Oh how I truly love the names.....
Double Skunkberry Boobonibis, Purple Yurplelicious, CranHaze Funk #5, and the like :yay:

Can anyone even begin to explain how you can get your hands on some of these companies seeds without being noticed?

It basically comes down to the fact that is so much mail coming into the US everyday that it is almost impossible to not get your beans if you order through a reputable company...if packaged right it will hve no problem going through customs....I hve ordered more then a dozen times now and gotten every order...even if they did catch the order coming through the worst that wld happen is you get a seizure letter in the mail ....Order with Attitude and you will get your beans with no problem...

Hemp Depot is the same, very discreet, fast and honest, if your worried about it have it sent to your brothers house. I think it's more risky trusting someone to recieve it for you cause then they know, if you order with a internnational postal money order, no one knows except you and the seed shop check out greenmans site,is not a seed supplier, but he rates the seed banks, on the consumers (us) reports. He's had that site for a long time. There is also a seed rating on this site to. If you just go with one that has alot of rateings, your pretty safe

Yeah no probs. I live south of the border and my shipments come through the US first, even worse . . . I've ordered stuff from the 'dam, the UK and the US and all of it has arrived.

noobiewithadoobie said:
I have read numerous posts on here about different strains people have been growing from different seed companies. My question is this, I am in the U.S. and I am wondering how it is possible to order seeds from other countries and have them shipped without attracting a lot of unwanted attention.

LOL--Just go to Attitude, Nirvana, Hemp Depot or another reputable seed bank. Order what you want. Have it sent to your own house. That is how you do it without attracting attention. Just treat it like any other normal transaction.

You are making far more out of this than needs to be. This is a very safe practice. The seeds companies ship discreetly. The charge will show up on your credit card as something else. I have purchased seeds online for many many years. In all the time I have been growing, I have never even heard of anyone getting popped because they had seeds sent to their homes. This is probably the safest part of growing. What gets people in trouble is telling other people--any other people (this includes brothers).

noobiewithadoobie said:

Alrighty your paranoia is justified, since I live in the united states too and most people here can be a bit sketchy about ordering illegal contraban off the net. Now, i can tell you're not a criminal, because otherwise you would have just figured.......they don't have the resources to catch all the idiots that are actually comitting things like murder, rape, or violent crimes. They don't have the resources to catch smugglers bringing in thousands of pounds of harder drugs into the country.....they don't have the resources to catch all the robbers, and drug dealers.....They aren't paying attention to what you're buying on the internet, unless you're already under investigation. Now if you started importing thousands of seeds off the net, they may indict you for that...but just a small handfull that you need to get your own meds up and running....The worst that can happen is customs will confinscate it, and send you a letter telling you that it was snaked. Most of the time though, all that is needed is to find a reputable seed company ...Nirvana seeds for instance...and order....and wait...then grow :) Good luck

greenthumberish said:
Alrighty your paranoia is justified, since I live in the united states too and most people here can be a bit sketchy about ordering illegal contraban off the net. Now, i can tell you're not a criminal, because otherwise you would have just figured.......they don't have the resources to catch all the idiots that are actually comitting things like murder, rape, or violent crimes. They don't have the resources to catch smugglers bringing in thousands of pounds of harder drugs into the country.....they don't have the resources to catch all the robbers, and drug dealers.....They aren't paying attention to what you're buying on the internet, unless you're already under investigation. Now if you started importing thousands of seeds off the net, they may indict you for that...but just a small handfull that you need to get your own meds up and running....The worst that can happen is customs will confinscate it, and send you a letter telling you that it was snaked. Most of the time though, all that is needed is to find a reputable seed company ...Nirvana seeds for instance...and order....and wait...then grow :) Good luck

Thanks to Greenthumb and Hemp Goddess for your insight. I may have to try that someday. Still don't think I can muster up the nerve to order seeds to the location of my grow. I will prob stick with my one and only resource which is clones from my lifelong friend who introduced me to growing. You all have been awesome and for that, I say thank you!

noobiewithadoobie said:

If you are in U.S., find a company in Canada. The NAFTA agreement and upcoming North American Union probably makes it so that goods (including postal mail) coming from Canada are not nearly searche as much as packages from other countries.

But chill out: if you order 10 seeds, imagine how small the package is that you will receive.

LOL--millions and millions of seeds pass over the border into the US every year with millions and millions of pieces of mail. Even if customs confiscates your seeds, you have nothing to fear. They do not come looking for you. They simply keep your seeds and you get a letter in the mail. If you want to be paranoid, pick something that actually poses a threat (like a friend that knows about your grow).

I think the people who grow out bag seed because they are afraid to order beans online are really missing out...there is no risk. Maybe if you were ordering thousands of seeds at a time you might peek someones interest if they actually intercepted the package. If you cld actually see how much mail enters the US on a given day you wld be astounded.

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--millions and millions of seeds pass over the border into the US every year with millions and millions of pieces of mail. Even if customs confiscates your seeds, you have nothing to fear. They do not come looking for you. They simply keep your seeds and you get a letter in the mail. If you want to be paranoid, pick something that actually poses a threat (like a friend that knows about your grow).
HG hit it on the mark. 99% of PPL whos grows get busted is caused my loose lips and FRIENDS.;)

noobiewithadoobie said:
Thanks to Greenthumb and Hemp Goddess for your insight. I may have to try that someday. Still don't think I can muster up the nerve to order seeds to the location of my grow. I will prob stick with my one and only resource which is clones from my lifelong friend who introduced me to growing. You all have been awesome and for that, I say thank you!

Hey Doobie,
If you got clones, screw seeds, that's the best way to grow without having to worry about males. If you are still nervous about sending seeds to your house, buy a prepaid credit card at WalMart and get a mailing box at one of the those mail centers under a DBA or fake name. Personally though. just order the darn seeds and don't worry. I would say 90% of the growers here order thier seeds direct.
OH CRAP - wait, the Feds are here at my door with the mailman...got to go... :p

The New Girl said:
Hey Doobie,
If you got clones, screw seeds, that's the best way to grow without having to worry about males. If you are still nervous about sending seeds to your house, buy a prepaid credit card at WalMart and get a mailing box at one of the those mail centers under a DBA or fake name. Personally though. just order the darn seeds and don't worry. I would say 90% of the growers here order thier seeds direct.
OH CRAP - wait, the Feds are here at my door with the mailman...got to go... :p

Now thats funny.:D

The major word is "Stealth". I just ordered from Attitude (my first try) and they offer different shipping packages: unmarked, even adding other items like mugs, or chocolate. But the postal service can't inspect every unmarked item that comes into the Country. If this does get to be a very popular trend something might be done about it like very stiff penalties or new postal service technology but that's a few years away I'd say.

GET to be a popular trend??? people have been importing seeds for a long long time.

haveing the seeds sent here is the least risky part of the grow!

legalize_freedom said:
GET to be a popular trend??? people have been importing seeds for a long long time.

haveing the seeds sent here is the least risky part of the grow!

:yeahthat:

Let me assure you of one thing, IF you are buy weed from or sell weed to someone, you are hundreds of times more likely to get caught than if you order seeds from reputable seed banks!

In fact you are more likely to get pulled over and your clones discovered than getting burnt because they intercepted your seeds, delivered them and let you start growing them. I will almost guarantee you that there isn't a judge anywhere that is going to issue a search warrant to search your property on the basis of intercepting a package with 10 or 15 seeds in it, assuming that the inspector even knows what they are, or a department that is going to stake you out for the months that it takes before your 15 seeds become worth the time to bust you. Now if yolur are already under investigation, then anything that gives them an excuse will burn you, but then you have alot more than the seeds to worry about.

Heck, I have an Interpol file, and I've never even been more than 100 miles into Canada driving truck, am on the no fly list, both of which flag me as an associate of a known terrorist organization, have had my house under DEA observation numerous times because of my sons' dealing and some of the friends I had and I have NEVER been asked to let the LEOs search my house, my autos or myself, much less had a search warrant served on me, except for once long before I acquired any records of even associating with undesirables.

That time I pissed off some locals in a small town where I was living while stations 20 miles away in the Air Force and one of the deputies that I thought was a friend asked me to show him the new surplus winch I bought and then claimed it was stolen arrested me and then got a warrant, called in the USAF Office of Special Investigations in an attempt to burn me for theft from the USAF and all the OSI did was to tell my wife that they were there if we needed anything and to relax because they knew me and I would NOT get convicted (Boy did that piss off the locals!). The result was that I spent $150 for a bondsman and beat 3 felony and 6 misdemeanor charges. Eventually, I even became friends with the county Prosecuting Attorney after everything was over. I asked him why he wanted ot be my friend after the way he painted me in court and his reply was "In court is is my job to make every defendant look as bad as I can, even if I think he is innocent, but now that things are over and you beat me in court, there is no reason that I can't trust my judgment." Of course I never really trusted him or any other LEO again.

But the times I was involved, even closely, with criminals or criminal activity, they have never tried ot search, with or without a warrant.

Oh, I just thought of how that terrorist thing sounds -- I was employed as a truck driver by one of the local Hells Angels while they were the subject of huge combined federal, state and local task force trying to break the club. I even had multiple wire taps on my home phone, no search warrants or any personal contact. To this day if I get stopped fora traffic stop within 25 miles of home, which in a metropolitan area of over 500,000 (Spokane, WA), the officers always ask me if I'm carrying any weapons because 10 years ago, at the same time I worked for the HA, I had a concealed weapons permit and my name is flagged in the computer as probably armed. Never mind that my handguns and rifles have not been out of the gun locker in way over 5 years.

And I'm still not worried about ordering seeds.

Don't sweat ordering seeds -- there are a lot of things that are more likely to get you busted than ordering seeds or buying grow supplies, especially over the Internet.

Good luck, good smoking and hopefully the legal and social out look on personal growth and use of pot will make your fears completely unfounded. Until then, be cautious but not paranoid because being overly cautious raises more flags to a cop than just brazenly doing your thing in a low profile manner. Most of the car thieves that are caught in the act are trying to be sneaky and nervous.

DonJones said:
Let me assure you of one thing, IF you are buy weed from or sell weed to someone, you are hundreds of times more likely to get caught than if you order seeds from reputable seed banks!

In fact you are more likely to get pulled over and your clones discovered than getting burnt because they intercepted your seeds, delivered them and let you start growing them. I will almost guarantee you that there isn't a judge anywhere that is going to issue a search warrant to search your property on the basis of intercepting a package with 10 or 15 seeds in it, assuming that the inspector even knows what they are, or a department that is going to stake you out for the months that it takes before your 15 seeds become worth the time to bust you. Now if yolur are already under investigation, then anything that gives them an excuse will burn you, but then you have alot more than the seeds to worry about.

Heck, I have an Interpol file, and I've never even been more than 100 miles into Canada driving truck, am on the no fly list, both of which flag me as an associate of a known terrorist organization, have had my house under DEA observation numerous times because of my sons' dealing and some of the friends I had and I have NEVER been asked to let the LEOs search my house, my autos or myself, much less had a search warrant served on me, except for once long before I acquired any records of even associating with undesirables.

That time I pissed off some locals in a small town where I was living while stations 20 miles away in the Air Force and one of the deputies that I thought was a friend asked me to show him the new surplus winch I bought and then claimed it was stolen arrested me and then got a warrant, called in the USAF Office of Special Investigations in an attempt to burn me for theft from the USAF and all the OSI did was to tell my wife that they were there if we needed anything and to relax because they knew me and I would NOT get convicted (Boy did that piss off the locals!). The result was that I spent $150 for a bondsman and beat 3 felony and 6 misdemeanor charges. Eventually, I even became friends with the county Prosecuting Attorney after everything was over. I asked him why he wanted ot be my friend after the way he painted me in court and his reply was "In court is is my job to make every defendant look as bad as I can, even if I think he is innocent, but now that things are over and you beat me in court, there is no reason that I can't trust my judgment." Of course I never really trusted him or any other LEO again.

But the times I was involved, even closely, with criminals or criminal activity, they have never tried ot search, with or without a warrant.

Oh, I just thought of how that terrorist thing sounds -- I was employed as a truck driver by one of the local Hells Angels while they were the subject of huge combined federal, state and local task force trying to break the club. I even had multiple wire taps on my home phone, no search warrants or any personal contact. To this day if I get stopped fora traffic stop within 25 miles of home, which in a metropolitan area of over 500,000 (Spokane, WA), the officers always ask me if I'm carrying any weapons because 10 years ago, at the same time I worked for the HA, I had a concealed weapons permit and my name is flagged in the computer as probably armed. Never mind that my handguns and rifles have not been out of the gun locker in way over 5 years.

And I'm still not worried about ordering seeds.

Don't sweat ordering seeds -- there are a lot of things that are more likely to get you busted than ordering seeds or buying grow supplies, especially over the Internet.

Good luck, good smoking and hopefully the legal and social out look on personal growth and use of pot will make your fears completely unfounded. Until then, be cautious but not paranoid because being overly cautious raises more flags to a cop than just brazenly doing your thing in a low profile manner. Most of the car thieves that are caught in the act are trying to be sneaky and nervous.

WOW! I must say, you definitely put the time in on that post. Thank you for sharing your experiences with me/us. I think I just focus too much on the "what ifs" and talk myself out of something that is probably no big deal. Great Story! Thanks again for your insight.

oldhippechick,

You don't have to worry about him any more, he has retired, and from what I've seen is really glad to be out of Washington DC.

By the way, research the house he lives in as far as greenness goes, then do the same for Al Gore and you maybe surprised at who actually lives the green lifestyle and how just preaches it. I sure was. If you are interesrted I think I have an email around somewhere that made the comparison.

Good Smoking

OldHippieChick said:
:eek: :eek: :eek:
I'm having a tough time with that avatar of yours....
that man gives me nightmares.

Im more terrifired of the man we have now and the socialist government he would love to implement.

But we shouldnt be talking about that stuff here, so I will add, I would not be afraid. Order those beans at will.

Latest posts

Back