Outdoor Auto Chatter thread....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Music
Reaction score
Okay well although it certainly does not look like it near me (I hve 2 feet of snow outside right now) Spring is on it's way....:)
I am trying to figure out how everyone wants to run this outdoor auto grow...I figured we cld kick some suggestions around and see what's what.
Do you guys and gals want to do individual or a group Grow Journal and shld it be posted in the GJ section or wld it be better to submit the threads in here the outdoor section? I hve no outdoor area to grow in but I am very interested in seeing how everyone does with autos outdoors. I think a cpl things we shld definitely require are the location of the grow...not specifics but maybe city, state and the strains you are growing...I say the location because part of the fun will be to see how the autos do in different areas with different amounts of sunlight.
Anyone hve anything to add??

sounds good to me..I figure mine will go outside in april...I need to pop those seeds soon...get them sturdy and big enough to go outside in this weather...

I've decided on a basic plan, assuming I don't sell my house in the meantime:). I have 5 HBD fem beans. I'm going to plant one every 3 weeks starting now (the first has popped but it's in the box because overnight temps are going to be in the low 40s for the next week and 60s daytime).

I've already calculated the total daylight hours each plant will receive assuming a 10 week grow. We'll call my location Miami. Daylight hours for me is sunset - sunrise, I got the numbers from that daylight calculator link I posted in the other thread. From total daylight hours, it's easy to calculate average daylight hours from each plant :hubba:. In round numbers, each plant will receive an average of 30 more minutes of daylight per day than the one before. The 5th plant will have received an average 13.5 hours/day which is 1.5 hours more sunlight/day than the first. All of this assumes I get 5 out of 5 females :hubba:.

I was going to post my grow table - that's why I wanted to see if the HTML table tags worked (they don't) so I'll put up a screenshot of my excel worksheet as soon as I figure out how.

Because of my "Miami" location, I decided spring/summer was not going to be a good time for plants in the ground. When the rain starts in the spring, the bugs and frogs and slugs and all of God's other crawly creatures come out of the ground hungry. Combined with the almost daily rains and the 95 degree temps, no edible plants grow at that time of year, IME. Even so, without a house sale and assuming 5 fem plants, the last will pop 5 May and finish 14 July (assuming 10 weeks).

Comments? Thoughts? I've been busy :hubba:

I was thinking about it. Got plenty of spots to do it.
I just dont trust these autos. I think one will regenerate and sprout a field worth if not careful.

I got one growing using sunlight all day. Then just a couple cfls for a few hours after sunset. Over 19inch RRF going, just a hair under 20. And thats through dual glass, ray blocking quality windows. She loves that sunshine. I believe outside in pure sunshine youll really have something good going on. Cause they will be done before the intense heat of July/August.

ArtVandolay said:
Because of my "Miami" location,

Im in 2 feet of snow and you wanna toss around a Miami location?
My comment and thoughts would get me banned. :p

ArtVandolay said:
I've decided on a basic plan, assuming I don't sell my house in the meantime:). I have 5 HBD fem beans. I'm going to plant one every 3 weeks starting now (the first has popped but it's in the box because overnight temps are going to be in the low 40s for the next week and 60s daytime).

I've already calculated the total daylight hours each plant will receive assuming a 10 week grow. We'll call my location Miami. Daylight hours for me is sunset - sunrise, I got the numbers from that daylight calculator link I posted in the other thread. From total daylight hours, it's easy to calculate average daylight hours from each plant :hubba:. In round numbers, each plant will receive an average of 30 more minutes of daylight per day than the one before. The 5th plant will have received an average 13.5 hours/day which is 1.5 hours more sunlight/day than the first. All of this assumes I get 5 out of 5 females :hubba:.

I was going to post my grow table - that's why I wanted to see if the HTML table tags worked (they don't) so I'll put up a screenshot of my excel worksheet as soon as I figure out how.

Because of my "Miami" location, I decided spring/summer was not going to be a good time for plants in the ground. When the rain starts in the spring, the bugs and frogs and slugs and all of God's other crawly creatures come out of the ground hungry. Combined with the almost daily rains and the 95 degree temps, no edible plants grow at that time of year, IME. Even so, without a house sale and assuming 5 fem plants, the last will pop 5 May and finish 14 July (assuming 10 weeks).

Holy crap Art...I thought this was going to be a simple outdoor auto grow and you went all aplaisia...:D

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Im in 2 feet of snow and you wanna toss around a Miami location?
My comment and thoughts would get me banned. :p

I am right there with you my friend...over 2 feet sitting outside my door...I can't wait to retire and move to AZ....:)

Nope, HL :). With the snowbirds in town, the house for sale and the houses on each side of me for sale, combined with my determination to participate in MP Outdoor Auto Palooza 2010, factoring in the spring and summer weather and bugs and critters, recognizing all the while the amount of time I have on my hands, this was the only possible outcome :D.

I still have a little extra time - I say we lobby subcool and mzjilly to come up with some top-notch auto strains! It's time the world saw the potential of these incredible little plants :hubba:

Be a good idea to lobby subcool about that Art.
Way D-S exploded on the scene with autos, has to be tons of loot there. Have them for a nice price, might not be able to keep up with demand.

ArtVandolay said:
Nope, HL :). With the snowbirds in town, the house for sale and the houses on each side of me for sale, combined with my determination to participate in MP Outdoor Auto Palooza 2010, factoring in the spring and summer weather and bugs and critters, recognizing all the while the amount of time I have on my hands, this was the only possible outcome :D.

I still have a little extra time - I say we lobby subcool and mzjilly to come up with some top-notch auto strains! It's time the world saw the potential for of these incredible plants :hubba:

Art sounds good to me...we can use all the data we can get. Start them when you want...you know your area. Oh and I second that idea about getting subcool to create an auto strain...that wld be sweet...it almost gves me wood....:D

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Be a good idea to lobby subcool about that Art.
Way D-S exploded on the scene with autos, has to be tons of loot there. Have them for a nice price, might not be able to keep up with demand.

You are so right Spear....I wld like to see a very hvy sat auto strain...big time trippy high...

ArtVandolay said:
We have a plan!!

I just asked him in his c99 thread...I wld love to grow a subcool auto...:) I wld be happy to beta test any beans also....:hubba:

Imagine a trippin ballz auto...

I'm planning on starting a few short stuff #1 seeds in mid may in my tent, then sticking outside when they get a few set of leaves on em. i feel like i want to get em outside when there is more sunlight, rather then waiting until the days get really short. nothing too special about my plan lol, unlike yours art :p I say we just start one big grow journal and all post pics every week or two of our plants progress.

I have to agree with spearchucker, i could see these guys just taking over an entire field if left to grow unattended (assuming you get males/hermies)

My plans are half done. I am doing my own gj, but I will gladly post here, too. We are in this together. So far, I am going to put my 3 Easy Riders in 15-20 gal. smart pots. I want to do a run of one of my autos inside for a seed run. I want pollen from it to hit the ERs outside for more beans. I am on a time crunch. Veggie garden starting time is upon me and my place is all torn up finishing my remodel and grow room build.

well as of now, I don't think I'll be able to play...unless I get called back to work in the next few weeks I just can't justify spending money on seeds right now, If I lived alone maybe....lol...but she see's all the seeds I have, and won't understand why I need more, when I have so many...lol..If I get back to work in time, or stumble onto some money I'll join up...otherwise I will have to live through you guys...I was really wanting to let the world see what this MI climate would do for auto's...but maybe someone else will do it if I can't.

Hopefully the boss calls quick! Or I land this union job I interview with next week.

legalize_freedom said:
well as of now, I don't think I'll be able to play...unless I get called back to work in the next few weeks I just can't justify spending money on seeds right now, If I lived alone maybe....lol...but she see's all the seeds I have, and won't understand why I need more, when I have so many...lol..If I get back to work in time, or stumble onto some money I'll join up...otherwise I will have to live through you guys...I was really wanting to let the world see what this MI climate would do for auto's...but maybe someone else will do it if I can't.

Hopefully the boss calls quick! Or I land this union job I interview with next week.

I hope things turn around for you brother....to bad you don't live near Spear...he did an awesome job breeding for seeds and has a ton of auto seeds. I hve the beans just nowhere to grow them outdoors...

want my address....lol...I'll meet you 1/2 way, once in the spring and once in the fall..........we'll split it 50/50.

LOL...I'm just kidding before you guys get all freaked out....lol aint trying to hook up!

Anybody have any idea how well these Auto's do in desert specifically High Desert country? I should have a few seed left over from my indoor grow and MORE then enough room to plant outside but at the cost of these seeds lol am leery of just throwing seeds away to high temps and incredible low humidity. but If it's even reasonably feasible to grow in an area like mine i would love to try my hand at out door auto's.

Howdy CD! Can you start a few inside now to get/ make some beans? Then, you can experiment all over with the free beans. If so, that will take the worry off losing precious beans you bought.

Latest posts

Back