Over 5000 Clones Off 1 Mother

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My TC have been in their jars for 4 days now and only 15 of the 40 nodes I put into the jars are clean and not contaminated.witch isnt bad because all I need is 1 all the rest are just a bonus.I posted some pics of two TC the first pic is of a contaminated TC and the other is of a non contaminated 1. Well this is all I have for now I will post more pics of them as they begin to progress

tc pics 001.JPG

tc pics 002.JPG

Awesome.
Maybe this could be a new way of selling strains?
Instead of buying white widow seeds, maybe we could have that one white widow phenotype which outdid all the others.

Very cool.

Man is this ever neat. Keep us posted and work on that focus :p Thanks for the update.

Got some new pics. It has been 11 days since I put these nodes into their jars check out the growth

tc1 009.JPG

It has now been 3 weeks since I started my Tissue Cultures I have been empressed with this so far, But I dont think I will give up cloning the way ive been cloning although I do see this as a good way to keep all my favorite strains around and start them when ever i like.:hubba: Here is a pic of TC that i have pictured above on the left. IT has grown a lot in the last 9 days thursday will be her 3rd week in the jar only 9 more weeks till I take my cuttings off her:eek: I know 9 weks is a long time but be patient with me check back from time to time I will be updating every 7 to 10 days

my pics 028.JPG

Hi I've got a question is there a safe way to get quality seeds in the U.S? I just started growing and i want to get into indicas but i can't get my hands on any seeds.

Hi to all Mp peps It has 6wks and 3days since I started my TC mothers, man these things are crazy looking, they have multiple sets of leaves growin off of the stem but their are no roots comin off the stem. and the stem has grown about 5 cm in width. :holysheep: I have some pics of how the look 2day

nia and olivia 014.JPG

nia and olivia 017.JPG

001.JPG

002.JPG

you sure have some patience.heck i get nervous waiting on a clone to take root.can't imagine doing all that.beyond my limits of patience.good luck,sure looks cool

I think what you're referring to as a stem may actually be a bulk of roots.

I would bet some $ that if you planted those teeny little things, they'd start growing.

So have only 3 of the 30 made it, or are you not taking pictures of the others?

Thanks for sharing this. I am very interested.

King Bud said:
I think what you're referring to as a stem may actually be a bulk of roots.

I would bet some $ that if you planted those teeny little things, they'd start growing.

So have only 3 of the 30 made it, or are you not taking pictures of the others?
yea only 3 of the 30 I did made it

OK. I did a little homework on this. I Actually, I went to a grow shop I know that has been around for 20years, and low and behold, he had this set up and running!

After an hour long technical explanation from Dude, here is what I took from it. Believe me when I say, Dude knows his stuff.

Yes, you can take a branch from a fully budded plant and save that exact phenotype usuing this method. This means, if you have 20 Sour Diesel plants, and one is rockin' better then most, you can save that EXACT phenotype for later propagation.

How this was explained was, you basically take a branch, cut it down and put the "node" pieces into the little gel packs. (there is a few steps to do to sterilize it before you do this),
Now, this in turn will develop more "nodes", which you can then seperate and place into more "gel packs" giving you even more "starts". These will all be the EXACT same as the original.
These little pieces will start to "grow"

Let me explain the "starts". This was a little tricky to understand (really tricky after 2 grams of Sour D), but you take a piece that has started to show new growth in the gel pack, take that out and basically plant that in a medium of your choice. To me, this was more like a seed planting then a clone planting. But, the results are the same. The start will take off once fed enough light and BINGO, you have a clone.

You can also just store your "nodes" in this gell and keep it in a state of suspended animation until you are ready to rock. Years I am told.

The pieces you keep in the gel is technically not a MJ plant, thus it is legal to possess. At least that is what I was told. BIG BONUS!!!

Yes, this will take a longer time to get rollin' then current cloning methods, but from what I can see and the folks I have talked to,this is where cloning and propagation is heading. The fact that you can save strain for SO long and pick specific phenotypes is what makes this so attractive.

I can answer a few questions I think, if you all have any, but I have to go trim today. I HATE trimming.

I will be getting this system shortly and start working with it.

you can accomplish saving the phenotype a lot easier by simply cloning the plant that is in full flowering and putting it back into 24/0 light. It will only take around 2 weeks to be fully revegged and will be a massive bush because all of the bud sites will grow out branches. That seems a lot easier then going through this and taking some much time.

I have to disagree that this will be the future of propagation, as tissue culture has been around for a long time, i first read about it back on overgrow, about 5-6 years ago.

This stuff seems easier to ship.. though I guess it'd still have to survive the temperature differences. :confused2:

Ahh the OG daze.

I hear ya Mass, but I can tell you the hype is starting in Cali over this, and I guarentee that it will start flowin' east.

I agree that it seems to be a PITA, but the idea of saving MANY phenotyps of MANY strains this way is what is going to drive this. A person can have 25 different strains ready to rock without having 25 moms or cuts. Thats what this is all about. And the fact that LEO can't charge you with anything makes it that much sweeter.

This method will mainly be used by bigger growers also, not the closet grower, imho. Closet growers don't need 300 clones ata time where ALOT of growers in and around me do. Folks here are ALLWAYS looking for clonestock. Allways.
I understand that most of the folks here are from smaller areas that do not have the liberal laws we have here in Cali. And to them, the mindset is stealth and self sufficency. It is almost the opposit here. 90% of the folks look to friends,friends of friends and the Clubs to get there girls. I can seriously tell you that there is NOONE I know that starts thier grows with seed. There is no need. This new propagation technique is going to explode the clone market here. And believe me, I see more money made on clones then finished here, well, almost...lol.

And don't start freakin' out about making profit from MMJ. It has become a HUGE industry here. I just read in the paper yesterday that the clubs in Lake County have surpassed all other businesses in the amount of sales tax generated. That is a GREAT sign. No local official is going to want to kill the golden goose.

Besides, not many do it yourselfers are willing to spend $250 on a cloning kit noone really knows about yet.

IVE BEEN LOOOKING FOR THIS FOREVER!!!!!!!!! OHHH MAN!!! THIS IS GREAT!!!!! hahahahaha

I saw that set up in a magazine and i was really intrigued by it! I REALLY wanted to buy it, But i dont have $250 to run out and spend either.... LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES!!!!!

Also! if anyone else is interested, i did a little research a few weeks back and found a different set up for like $100. The exact same thing, only cheaper! I still dont have the money tho, DARN!!!!

Anyhow! heres the web site....

http://www.kitchenculturekit.com/index.htm

Now i dont know if this kit will make 5000 but they have a kit for $150 that says "the 5 year special". now i have no idea what that neccessarily means, but $150 sounds better then $250!

but they do have a kit called the EVERYTHING kit for 250. id just stick with the 99. I think im just mumbeling now.... ANYWAYS! good luck dude! Your success decides on my future of cloning! hahahaha

Hello MP members and guest Im back 2 update my tissue culture thread. Ok my tc's r now going on their 11th week and still look the same as they did @ 6 weeks and I did'nt know why till I talked to the guy i bought he kit from. he told me I should have seperated the nodes at 6 weeks and put them into a new gel mix because the have used up all the nutes and r now at a stand still and wiil be untill I transplant them into a new gel mix. Then they will start to grow branches with leaves instead of just leaves. so now I need to cut up my nodes and place them into new jars. so I will be back in a few days to post up the new pics.

Oh yea when yall get time google oaksterdam university :D

maybe ya can help us with DIY TC?.... it will be very intez to grow THC tomatoes in TC maybe we can be creative and grow thc in fruits and vegetables and not get arrest... this is way far out awesome!!

Latest posts

Back