Ozzy's 2litre bottle grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzydiodude

Reaction score
I'm playing again. This time I'm using 2liter pop bottle
1: Cut the top off at the top of label.
2:turn up side down and put in the bottom of bottle
3: cut cut/drill hole 3inches from bottom
4:slide straw down side between top and bottom
5:Fill up with soil enough to bed clone in
6:using the straw fill space in bottom with water

Lighting for grow CFL's 10-26 watt 1700 lumen
Area for grow in Veg 4.5 ft2
lumen per square foot 3778
Constant air flow
Soil used Permier Pro-Mix
Nutes used HydroFarms Grow
Asprin used for PH Down
Tetra chlorine remover
Superthrive for rooting at Transplant into bottles

close up bottom bottle.jpg

soil in bottom before clone.jpg

inside bottle.jpg

111409a.jpg

20 clones       18 x 21.jpg

ive used em before but i put perlite in the bottom and drilled holes to drain.

i just vegged a few in bottles, what are ya goona flower in?

watch out for light getting to the roots.

:watchplant:

is this like a hebpy style ? very interesting..you must drink a lot of soda..:rofl:

I didnt see where you keep the soil from becoming mud in the bottom of bottle? there no lid ont the top ya flipped..

whats the straw for..and does it not smash with soil?
:48:

I have been saving 2 litre bottles for 6 months to try this idea with.

When you put the top in, you push it to the bottom, Very little soil gets into the water holding area. The straw does not get mashed and is use to put water in the bottom. I do not water from the top.

I plan on having 40 plants in a 18" x 48" area

ozzydiodude said:
I'm playing again. This time I'm using 2liter pop bottle
1: Cut the top off at the top of label.
2:turn up side down and put in the bottom of bottle
3: cut cut/drill hole 3inches from bottom
4:slide straw down side between top and bottom
5:Fill up with soil enough to bed clone in
6:using the straw fill space in bottom with water

Lighting for grow CFL's 10-26 watt 1700 lumen
Area for grow in Veg 4.5 ft2
lumen per square foot 3778
Constant air flow
Soil used Permier Pro-Mix
Nutes used HydroFarms Grow
Asprin used for PH Down
Tetra chlorine remover
Superthrive for rooting at Transplant into bottles
looking good ozzy wise choice of container save real big keep up the good work

I have 5 in flowering that I did flush when I change to flowering the week before flushing. The next grow I plan to use A "subcool" like soil and just use ph'd plain water, and folier feed if any defishency(SP?) happen.

Thats cool stuff Oz...I've never seen one like that before. I used to use 2 liter bottles for clones to run outdoors, because of the tall shape for a big tap root, but never seen it self watering like that, I'll be watching this cool contraption!

I don't understand the point.

You still have to water periodically - it is not really self-watering.

I reckon the same results can be achieved simply by watering a plant and let the water fill the big water at bottom. i.e. = water reservoir for "self"-watering. Then every few days water the plant.

I water every 2-4 days.

The water isn't evenly distributed vertically, right? Are the majority of roots in the bottom half? I don't know anything about root structure. You periodically have to moisten the top layer, true? Thanks for sharing.

The water is drawn up as the plant needs it. The roots are in all areas of the soil. No you do not hsve to moisten the top layer of soil. I have been letting the soil dry out before add more water. In the plants that are in the flowering room I has not been letting the soil dry out and am having to water every other day right now. I will post pic of them(in flowering room) later today.

okay ozzy...I was up late last thinking of this thread and how ya said you pour water threw that straw....so after midnight I stuck a McDs drink straw in dirt and tried pouring water down it....I Lost:rofl: so tell me how ya pour water down it? Thanks....

:48:

The straw goes into the bottom area. If you look closely at pic#3, you can see the straw in place between the bottle and the top I have slide into it. If you look at the old MotherEarth Boxes they have a bottom plate that sets 3 inches off the bottom, with a tube in 1 corner for pouring the water in. The straw does the same thing it also lets air circulate a little around the roots.
The bottom of the straw is in the water resivor not the soil

do you blow in the straw for a bubble effect as well? this may help..and if ya do we would like pics..:rofl:

thanks ozzy couldnt help me self:p

:48: Gonna be picking on ya as we watch ya do a GREAT job onc again:watchplant:

okay TMT :bong::bong::bong:

Latest posts

Back