PH...flushing...??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i too wonder the same if your meanin the pre harvest final flush...
or you talkin say, a flush to fix a nute toxicity etc....?

PH is more of a concern when considering nutrient uptake and overall soil/medium health. Obviously any extreme one way or the other can have detremental effects but typically tap water is fine. Many growers will measure the PPM of the run-off to determine how effective the flush has been however. Best of luck....

i'm talking about the final flush before harvest. it seems harder to set the PH in a hydro system when the PPMs are very low. like, i've got my PH pretty well handled to where i can check it and then just squirt some up or down in with a 10cc syringe w/o measureing and be pretty close to spot on. now when flushing, a little PH up or down goes a long way i find. today being the first day after cleaving and already noticing more trichs (yay!) got me wondering....

do you think the PH could have an effect in the same way as cleaving did? I mean towards one extreme or the other, may be a little extra push towards the edge and the plant strives that much harder to finish before it expires.

I do not ph my water for the final flush in my DWC.

I want to create nute lock out so that my plant does not absorb/uptake anymore nutes.

but wat would you say to usin tap water that ahs very high ppm's and high ph like 7.8 or so . and teh chlorine in it.
im thinkin it wouldnt affect tste of end produt any personally but :confused2:
it would save a bit of the good water for the other girls while some are in final flush stage if i can get by wit jsut usin water strait from the tap ...?

idk either....but i (and most likely you too) know MJ picks up heavy metals from the medium.--(they planted many MJ plants around chernobyl to pull the radiation/bad stuff out of the ground after the power plant exploded.) chlorine can kill a plant, but i don't know how it does it. whether by locking out nutes (or some other passive means) or by actually entering the plant and being dispersed. do you know a botanist/chemist you can PM on here and maybe get an explaination?

they planted many MJ plants around chernobyl to pull the radiation/bad stuff out of the ground after the power plant exploded.)
u serious? lol
where ya hear that at? just curious. if ya knwo a link let know. i think it'd be a neat read.
but i never knew that tho.
i wonder wat the bud was like.
maybe like that weed they was smokin in cheech an chongs "nice dreams" i think it was where the detedtive that was smokin it was turnin into a lizard.
maybe it glowed form the radiation hmmmm?
really tho i wonder if anyone smoked any tat bud tho lol

ZipFlip--

hxxp://www.mhhe.com/biosci/pae/botany/botany_map/articles/article_10.html
another real short one: hxxp://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/1445.html
and this one has a uncool yet informative article of seeds being killed in the mail-craziness! i'd be so pissed!!
hxxp://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/articles/2215.html

This article has some good info, but just a shout out to MJ near the end-- read this i'll try to find a better one.

aplaisia--sweet name, what is it?
So does PHing the distilled water increase H+ ions? sounds like you got a botany degree...?

Latest posts

Back