Photography anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My back garden less than 5 mins ago, its now pouring down with rain :fid:

2 rb.jpg

Mr. Weenie, looks on with interest as he rides through downtown Eureka. He was particularly excited to see the Humbolt Nutrients Sign. He looked for Fox Farm but couldnt find it. On down Highway 101. At Leggit he wants to head to the coast, and we get on the "headwaters" of Highway 1, also known as The Pacific Coast Highway and the "coastal route 1". It was quite a drive to reach the coast ( and this is from someone who lives in the rugged mountains of the next county over ). Shear drops of over a half mile or more were enough to make Mr. Weenie get off the dash! At last We reach the coast and Mr. Weenie takes a well deserved walk as I catch a pic of the coast looking south.
More of Mr. Weenie's travels tomorrow.

turkey 6.JPG

turkey 7.JPG

turkey 5.JPG

As a few of ya have asked what my current Av is..............
Thought you may like to see where it came from.......
Its been a while since I wore my Leathers and much longer since I've used them in competition.......

front.JPG

back.JPG

Arse.JPG

psycho.JPG

7.JPG

SmokinMom said:
Been wondering what that was b.u

Can you still fit into those?

For sure mom.................
Still the same waist as I was when I left school..........:D

After a short respite from driving, the next day Mr. Weenie climbs back on the dash and we are off! Down the winding highway to a State Park that has a Grey Whale skeleton at it's entrance. We stop and stretch the legs and find that we are there on the last official week of the Whales northern migration for veiwing. The ocean is so rough, there will be no viewing by us. We do decide to come back and stay here after we find the Maritime Museum at Point Arena, this place has a pond full of fresh water fish and is 3 miles from Fort Brag and our turning point to the West. So we head down to the Maritime Museum and Light House at Point Arena. It is blowing so hard, best hold your hat! This Museum is going to be the new home (I hope) for the model ships I inherited. After meeting the nice lady who volunteers here at the Lighthouse Museum, I think this would be a good place for Dad's ships. The Museum specializes in California Coastal Shipping. They even have a model maker on the Board of Directors, who would be just the person to restore these models. This place is small enough that they would for sure display the ships, I think, and that is what Dad would want. I am very excited to hopefully find a home for these models, and someone to restore them. As we leave, Mr. Weenie spies some Seals sunning themselves. Look, and see one wave at Mr. Weenie.

turkey 10.JPG

turkey 12.JPG

turkey 13.JPG

turkey 11.JPG

turkey 14.JPG

turkey 15.JPG

We got back to McKerricher State Park, the wind was blowing, blowing, blowing. Back in the forest, it was calmer and some fishing was in order. I was fishing for the perfect picture, found some very nice shots of the lake/pond and wildflowers. The husband didnt get a nibble. The next day we were off to Clear Lake. When we got there, the wild life was on the move. We saw Turtle's to Turkey. We saw bass laying up in the water, just waiting for us to tempt them with rubber worms. Mr. Weenie was dreaming of getting on a boat as the sun went down and I snapped this last shot of him.
We got lots of large mouth bass, my best can be seen in the fishing thread. About a twenty incher, which I think translates to about 5 Lbs. What fun. So much fun, we had to leave and go home, then turned around and went right back down there for five more days! Mr. Weenie is a wore out pretend puppy today, now that we are home.

MP 1.JPG

MP 2.JPG

MP 3.JPG

MP 5.JPG

turkey 1.JPG

turkey 3.JPG

turkey 8.JPG

Some of you know that I was back home for a month...
It was a fine month... Cheap Beer and some excellent hash that I had to smuggle from Greece...
Here are a few pics from the Bulgarian capital...
That's something the Communist build back in the 80es.....
The Bells of Peace they call them...
:hubba:

K2.JPG

Kambanite.JPG

Nato.JPG

So I get in from the gym at 8 pm and want nothing more then a shower. My daughter comes and reminds me she wants to make a certain bday treat for her class. :rolleyes:

Like the good mommy I am, I groan then head to the store for m&ms, pretzil sticks and white almond bark.

Of course she's fast asleep when I get home and could use her help making all these. :giggle:

Bacon & Eggs, anyone?

:joint4:

How many packs of M&M's do you have to buy to get that many yellow??? That took a second look SM. Bravo!

tcbud said:
How many packs of M&M's do you have to buy to get that many yellow??? That took a second look SM. Bravo!

I bought 2 medium bags for $4. The 1st bag had a lot of yellows and I only needed about 10 out of the second package. My family enjoys the left-overs. :p

My neighbour is in his 80's, we were talking over the garden fence this morning and he asked me if I knew anything about plumbing because his sink in his bathroom has a leaking tap.

So I went and changed the washer and it still dripped, the taps were about 20 years old and were simply worn out.

I went to our local DIY supplier and bought a set of new taps for him and got to work dismantling his built in cabinet so I could get to the under side of his bathroom sink to take the taps off and change them.

I turned the water off and disconnected the pipes and started to unscrew the old taps retaining bolts when suddenly the sink fell off the wall ripping about 20 tiles with it :eek:

I have no idea who put the sink in his house but the only thing holding the sink up was the copper tap pipes and the only thing holding the sink against the wall was tile grouting :eek:

I honestly thought he was going to have a heart attack as he stood behind me chatting to me as I worked as he watched his sink fall off and smash and all the tiles rip off his bathroom wall.

I felt really bad even though it wasnt my fault :eek:

Can you imagine the silence as we both stood staring at the mess on the floor? :rofl:

I put the pipework back together with just the taps on the end just so he could have some water :p

I will be back at the DIY supplier tomorrow to buy a new sink and fittings :p

2 taps.JPG

tcbud......I love driving down the coast on Hwy 101 when we go and see the wife's son in San Francisco.......we went down there last month to see his new apartment near the Castro District....we went for breakfast the next day and on our way home we encounter this guy wearing only a BACKPACK......and a small woodie.....wife had a hard time with this guy but I told him, 'hey dude, nice tan...'

hippy..... the plumbing is punishing you for being a nice guy.....what a trip.....the wife kept smelling something downstairs for about a month, finally looks underneath the kitchen sink.......we have a bucket there to catch any drips.....it was full of black stinky water.....and about ten mice.....she was not a happy camper for the rest of the week.....haven't fixed the drip yet....hope you get thru this without any more surprises....but remember Murphy's law, if anything can go wrong, it wil...

Since this is a photo thread, here is a weird collection of some pics....

Dayum Hippy.....:eek:
short story and a pic or three.....
I ask the husband to fix the leaky toilet before company last Xmas, small job, no tools required. I am still waiting for running water to the sink in that room. The NEW toilet works great, the NEW floor and sub floor look great, the New Shower Stall looks great, the new Cabnit and sink look great. The shower door and mirror with med chest remains to be installed, the walls are repainted, and the trim is still off and needs replaced. I love my new bathroom.:D And I love my Husband, you sound a lot like him helping out the old guy neighbor.
Just waiting on a nice stretch of warm weather that the fish are not calling us the the lake....hum....I be he is glad I dont complain, but then we do have an alternate shower:D . I am good with finishing work, really.
Good Luck tomarrow.
Painterdude, great pics (my daughter lives in the same city). I totally understand the leaky sink..... I think there was something like that at one time behind the toilet in above mentioned bathroom.

MP bathroom.JPG

MP bathroom 2.JPG

MP bathroom 3.JPG

Latest posts

Back