Photography anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSCF3100.JPG
Stagecoach Res. near Steamboat Springs
DSCF3107.JPG

DSCF3110.JPG
Flattop mnt. near Yampa

001.JPG

002.JPGsomething ells im growing with the boy,,,peace[j]

nova564t said:
View attachment 171770
Stagecoach Res. near Steamboat Springs
View attachment 171771

View attachment 171772
Flattop mnt. near Yampa
In 1970 I moved to Colorado and got a job for Straight Creek Constuction drilling and blasting a road through the Continital divide, from georgetown to dillon Lake, Man that was a while ago,the work lasted me many months, i'd get some money ahead, and quit, go fishing a couple weeks, than hire back on at the union hall in golden when i ended up broke, used to go alot to a place called Deckers, on the south platte. anyway, I loved how quiet it was at the really high altitudes, but in the end the salt water called me home.

we all live in great places with great stories! we make what we have amazng to us! & we have some of the greatest weed in the world to watch grow, its as sweet as all our pics! keep em coming mp family

Irish, wow, that is a awesome mount! What a freaky memory that must bring to the hunter every time he looks at it.

Hick, looks like that dog would have caught that bird.....mid air.

Beautiful falls 4u.

Rose, you must have a lovely bunch of flowers on your table at home. I agree with 4u, that rose would make a great avatar.

Nova, is that a lot of snow to be still up there this time of year? Our mountains here usually have very little, but this year, WOW, so much left even now!

Skagit, I got no idea what you got, for some reason they wont load today. Dang Dial Up. :(

A few days ago on the lake below. No fish big enough to film. The mountains are still so full of snow. This shot is the North face and so covered, that I dont think the hikers are gonna be going up there for a couple more months. Also, this bridge never has more than a creek under it usually. This is the second time in twenty years that I have seen the water this high! We trolled up there for trout, but didnt get a bite. I just dont understand the fish this year, by this time, we should be knocking them dead. I got two on that trip, but only keepers and we dont keep 12 inch fish. I would rather throw them back and get them again when they are 14 inches.

Great pics everyone. :D Thanks for sharing.

mount.jpg

bridge.jpg

Went crabbing today, drove thru downtown LaConner by boat , great weather had a blast, Mount baker in the background and Canada I guess,

P1100007.JPG

P1090945.JPG

P1090946.JPG

P1090994.JPG

P1090999.JPG

amazing pics everyone.

skag, i was confused(just for a minute), when i seen that last pic, and what appeared to be an outrigger on the sail boat. LOL. :rolleyes: :D

I bought a new camera today, FujiFilm FinePix2950...sweet! Was retailed for $260, I bought for $160, gotta love the sale days in dead of summer!! This should take some great pics for my journal as well as some great fireworks pics from the lake tonight!!! Kayaking on the lake to get the best views!!

awesome wave crashing on a santa cruz beach. too bad i had to crop out most due to peoples faces but still note worthy

running from the waves in SC.jpg

Mountain209man said:
awesome wave crashing on a santa cruz beach. too bad i had to crop out most due to peoples faces but still note worthy
I used to get these rocks off the beach north of Santa Cruz, probably pescadero, but anyway, I'd make pipes out of them,use some little plastic tubeing and a screen,run the tubeing up our sleeves to our collars and hold the rock in your lap,suckin up hash while sittin in the bleachers at candlestick, them were the daze!! hey,you Gotta love santa cruz!! Man the boardwalk there in the 60s, the fun house,and that big old rollercoaster!!! Sitting here thinking about Cali's central coast got me wanting a bite of Abalone, My brother has a commercial salmon and crabbing ticket for California, he's a troller, I was his deckboss at times, and I've spent alot of time down there, his boat's been in half moon bay about 35 years.

P1090771.JPG

Skagit, my dad and brother commercial fished out of Half Moon Bay in the eighties. Not a big boat, but they did their thing.

My pics are from the lake Saturday. American Animals celebrating the long hot weekend. :D

turtles.jpg

deer.jpg

tcbud said:
Skagit, my dad and brother commercial fished out of Half Moon Bay in the eighties. Not a big boat, but they did their thing.

My pics are from the lake Saturday. American Animals celebrating the long hot weekend. :D
Ya I went fishing the first weekend in june in Illwaco, Wa. on the mouth of the columbia river. I met a bunch of guys from Half moon bay I used to fished with, It was like that show after the catch!!! lol,anyway, I got a invite to come down next winter, early spring, to fish chinook, I'm thinking about it,he wants me to come down and tune everything in, take a couple of weeks, but it would sure be fun, wouldn't be like a regular job.

Here we are, 4th of July on the lake! I kayaked about 1.5 miles to the only undeveloped shoreline (a cemetery is at the top of the hill lol) and sat looking out over the large lake until I snapped about 200 pics...here's a few!!

DSCF1043.JPGDSCF1045.JPGDSCF1041.JPGDSCF1047.JPGDSCF1046.JPGDSCF1049.JPGDSCF1114.JPGDSCF1140.JPGDSCF1096.JPGDSCF1178.JPGDSCF1202.JPGDSCF1099.JPG

I love this new camera, really takes nice pics!!

sweet roddy!! i think everyone that is a mp member, should sell a bit and buy a nicer camera. lol, some pics, omg!! lol i love this post. cheers all
p.s mods im not influencing to sell, it was a joke! lol even thoe some need new cameras or, learn to use focus.

no fire works in the moutains for wat i consider to be obvious reasons, looks like quite the view. good pics roddy

Mountain209man said:
no fire works in the moutains for wat i consider to be obvious reasons, looks like quite the view. good pics roddy

We're 'parched' enough here that they even canceled the fireworks show slated for over the lake!!!
... then again, a neighboring municipality that fires them off of a nearby hogback covered in pinion, cedar, and dead grass and vegetation, went ahead as scheduled. Of course, they started a grass fire, but 'hey', no need to disappoint the 'kids' right?...:doh:

Latest posts

Back