Photography anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THANKS all!! I switched between pics and video, catching the finale on vid...but no clue how to get it to youtube even though it's supposed to be a simple upload... :doh: With it being new tech to me, I can't find where I saw I could take stills from the vid, there were some awesome shots to be seen there. As it was, I clicked on the continuous mode and held the shutter button down lol, she snapped every 2 seconds or so.

Not bad, considering I was in a moving kayak on a busy lake... :) I was almost taken out by a couple of drunken pontooners heading back to dock and not seeing my neon lights shining in front of them, please drink responsibly, especially when boating or driving!!

I'll see if I can find some more good ones, but most are single reports up until the finale which was a very cool 5 minutes of explosions and color...

Awesome pics Roddy.

In Toronto we have a market called Kensington market, it is a very culturally diverse area where almost anything under the sun can be found.

Kensington Market, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

July 5 2011 006.JPG

July 5 2011 007.JPG

July 5 2011 008.JPG

July 5 2011 009.JPG

July 5 2011 011.JPG

looks like a great time DMAN, cool little part of town, it just looks like fun.

Mountain209man said:
no fire works in the moutains for wat i consider to be obvious reasons, looks like quite the view. good pics roddy

Ya but you got the stars and the night sky, What range are you in?? I'm at the foot of the Cascades, I bet your sunsets are incredible!!!

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbwAeQNNK-A

I figured our how to upload the finale! Will post some stills in a bit...

Not sure how they are allowed to leave that car like that, an unlicensed car in a driveway around here is frowned upon! Nice pics Dman!

Here's some stills:

DSCF1227-1.jpgDSCF1228.jpgDSCF1228-1.jpgDSCF1228-2.jpgDSCF1228-3.jpgDSCF1228-4.jpgDSCF1228-5.jpgDSCF1228-6.jpgDSCF1228-11.jpg

These pictures were taken from the video, I am really impressed with this new camera....

A bit about the fireworks, our lake puts these on yearly, the lake society takes up donations and matches the funds allowing for a big production which draws crowds from all over the area and even Ohio. Our population for the 4th goes up about 5x the norm and stays that way for a few weeks. Previous years you couldn't even get near the boat launch, let alone venture out in a kayak, the economy has lowered the attendance a bit!

Dman, those shots are great. What a fun place. Loved all of them. thanks.

Thanks folks,

Roddy its an old neighbourhood where all the homes were turned into stores along time ago, the roads are all closed to traffic, except deliveries.

An area they call the Distillery district, a group of old breweries that were renovated and turned into restaurants and shops.

July 5 2011 030.JPG

July 5 2011 032.JPG

July 5 2011 034.JPG

July 5 2011 038.JPG

July 5 2011 039.JPG

Sorry to post so much, i will take a break after this.

Good Canadian dinner, at home today.

Mussels in white wine, cream, onions and garlic with fresh bread.

din 001.JPG

We went to "ocean Shores" over the weekend and flew some kites..made a Seat to sit and watch the waves roll in..what a Wonderfull Day..

Nice photos everyone...take care and be safe

DSCF1348.JPG

DSCF1349.JPG

DSCF1354.JPG

DSCF1360.JPG

DSCF1375.JPG

DSCF1372.JPG

DSCF1386.JPG

DSCF1390.JPG

DSCF1399.JPG

DSCF1394.JPG

kool pic's 4u!! way kool kites.
I had a grandson out kite flying awhile back. We had a nice stiff breeze going, but every time the kite would start to go up, gain altitude, it would suddenly start whipping back ;n forth erratically and smash into the dirt. It just wasn't taking flite.
The o'lady was watching from the porch, and pretty soon says "Honey, I think you need more tail." :eek:
My astonished reply, "Last night you told me to go fly a kite????" :confused2:

dang women...

4u2sm0ke said:
We went to "ocean Shores" over the weekend and flew some kites..made a Seat to sit and watch the waves roll in..what a Wonderfull Day..

Nice photos everyone...take care and be safe
The In-Laws live in Ocean park, South of Ocean Shores near Long Beach, ilwacco. i love flying my big kites on my sturgeon rod, some weekends thats all I catch. We also play beach bacci ball, with a little varience on the Rules LOL. I hope to go over in August when the Beach Barons, have the're anual Rod Run to the End of the Earth. it's estimated that up to 10 thousand classics roll thru that weekend.

Latest posts

Back