Plant been wilted for 4 days! Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btm1507

Reaction score
I need help fast! My plant has been quite wilted for about 3-4 days now, I tried watering, draining my plant and cleaning it out so to speak.

Im about 2 1/2 months in, good size, everything going well until I had to move my plant because people were coming in my place...I moved it from outdoors to an air conditioned room indoors. This is maybe a difference of about 10 degrees fahrenheit. It seemed fine for the 2 days inside, then after 24 hrs outside the bottom half of the leaves started wilting, now every leave up to the top is wilting, the bottom ones totally wilted but not brown yet.

My guess is it was shocked by the temp change, but how do I go about fixing this?

I feel like my dog just got hit by a car, I need to save him

you've watered it good and it's still wilted?

if so......... that's not good......I don't think a 10 degree difference caused it......... what lighting was it getting? was it in the same pot outside?

Over watering can cause wilt, do you think it has been over watered?

I dont think it was overwatering, no, I thought I had underwatered it a bit in fact as it had been a few days without a good watering.

I simply moved the pot it was planted in, no transplanting or anything.

It just went inside to my room, which had much less lightning for sure, there are windows but small, so for the the few days it was very little light.

Do you have it back outside now? If so is it perking up any? Usually the rebound quite fast.

It is back outside, thats the thing! It was only inside for 2-3 days, and when I put it back outside it was fine, the next morning however the bottom leaves were drooping, the next day all leaves. So its now been 4 days or so since being put back outside and no signs of improvement.

ill see what i can do, the plant was being tied down to lower its visibility, but had zero issue after a couple weeks of this, so that is why its leaning

Well, where to start. The plant should have been topped so it didn't get so tall and skinny .Next time you can top. The dirt doesn't have enough perlite in it, so drainage looks to be a problem which may be why she wilted.
It looks a little nute burned on the fan leaves you have left. what kind of soil is she in?

Get her in some nice soil and put that girl in the sun.

It happened right after taking it back outside, and it had been a few days since watered, just dont get why it happened then.

Ill look at replacing the soil with more perlite...i also added draininge to my pot with some holes in the bottom..

It happened right after taking it back outside, and it had been a few days since watered, just dont get why it happened then.

Ill look at replacing the soil with more perlite...i also added draininge to my pot with some holes in the bottom..

Did you not have holes for drainage before?

Have read similar issues with yours. And the common reasons are *Wrong PH at the roots, Over or under watering or maybe Nutrients Problem. You can also checked your LED grow light you were using.. Common problems of unhealthy leaves..

Enjoy growing!!

Latest posts

Back