Plants flowering. Please help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetinman09

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a few plants that seem to be doing well. Do you think they are ready to change to flowering mode?

100_2330.JPG

100_2331.JPG

Yo Tinman! Ya got a good start, ladies look healthy but this is just the beginning! Ya got a ways to go. What your looking fer is alternating nodes. When the leaves stop growing parallel to each other. You also wan't to get some height to em. How bout some info on your grow.

thetinman09 said:
Hey guys. I have a few plants that seem to be doing well. Do you think they are ready to change to flowering mode?

how long have they been on veg? would be my first question. second question what strain would they be?

Not even close to flowering man veg them out for a month or two to get some weight on them. If you did want to flower early, like chef said, wait til you see alternating nodes and wait to see what sex it before you switch over.

They do look good though, nice lush green on the first 2 and tight spacing between nodes. Some questions though: What strain you growing? What kinda soil they in? What nutes you feeding if any?

you planning to flower with the cfl? how many watts you got there?

Thanks guys. This is my first time so the supportive comments mean a lot.

The box is a standard 30' kitchen cabinet painted white inside.

Using three 26W twist-in flourescent bulbs with Miracle-Gro Garden Soil (not sure of the nutrient mix. The Ph has been high (over 7) so I added a little sulphur based product from Lowes.

Using a fan taped to the side of the cab pulling air out with an intake cut out on the other side.

As to the strain, I don't know. I bought the seeds through a friend and didn't ask. I'll find out and update.

I planted them around the first of March so they've been in the ground for going on three weeks.

Please feel free to comment and give me some suggestions on going forward. You guys have been a huge help.

Tin

What ya got is almost ok fer veg with two....better with 1 with the set-up ya got! Gonna need to get some reds fer flowering if you plan on using cfl's i would suggest the 65 watters at lowes.

How much are those 65 watters at lowes and does homodepot carry them. I need to go on the lower cost of my grow. and I found Lights of America Fluorex Floodlight. My guestion I guess is how many lumens does a 65 watt produce?

65 has about 2500k, home depot has 68 watters at 2700k both are under $20.00 a bulb.

I was only able to find 65 Watt at homedepot online. But since I'm only flowering one plant this should be enough, right? Sorry Tinman for invading your post.

I was planning on getting them out of this cab at the right time and enclosing a shelf in my building for the next stage. The shelf is approx. 3 feet deep by 10 feet wide by 3-5 feet high (I could take a shelf out).

Would this be big enough to bring them home to cultivation? What light and temp situation should I shoot for in a setup like this?

I've got the space and privacy in this building to grow a pretty big crop if I can get the light, temp and ventilation just right.

Thanks again guys, your a big help.

thetinman09 said:
I was planning on getting them out of this cab at the right time and enclosing a shelf in my building for the next stage. The shelf is approx. 3 feet deep by 10 feet wide by 3-5 feet high (I could take a shelf out).

Would this be big enough to bring them home to cultivation? What light and temp situation should I shoot for in a setup like this?

I've got the space and privacy in this building to grow a pretty big crop if I can get the light, temp and ventilation just right.

It is all about lumens. You are going to need 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering. In a 30 sq ft space, this is 150,000 lumens (about the lumen output of a 1000W HPS). If you have a 65W CFL that puts out 3500-4000 lumens each, you would need about 40 :eek: 65W CFLs to give you enough light in your 3 x 10 space. Now let's talk about ventilation...

Dunno Goddess i gotta disagree with ya on this one. I flower with 3-68's and 1- 65. Have flowered three in the tent with great results!

Also don't think your gonna have enough height With whatever light ya gonna use. What about ventillation?

Chef...I've been wondering what do you yeild per plant on an average with your floros....just out of curiosity. I know your plants always look nice and sugar coated! This conversation here just made me wonder what kind of yeilds were possaible with the floro's? I've obviousely never tried growing with them.

I always appriciate the "make it work" mentality!

the chef said:
Dunno Goddess i gotta disagree with ya on this one. I flower with 3-68's and 1- 65. Have flowered three in the tent with great results!

How many sq ft? He is talking about 30 sq ft...

Dunno Lf Don't have a scale. My guess on average ....well that's hard with the cfl's it depends some on veg. Have had plants that produce an old school three fingered quarter and some that produced over 2 ounces(dry). Differs on strain and how long they veg.

thetinman09 said:

What i was going off goddess.

He meant 30". Having all the different CFL's running, wouldnt it be cheaper to run a lower watt HPS in the longrun for cost and have a little better yield?

Ok. I have flowered three ladies and a clone in this tent. Got 3 of the x-mas freebies and a church going. Demensions are 63" tall, 20" deep, 36" wide. Found out the cfl's do better in a enclosed area! A little bud shot, They are 22 days in.

DSCI1894.JPG

DSCI1895.JPG

DSCI1896.JPG

Latest posts

Back