Poppin Seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HemperFi

Reaction score
I'm finally back on my boat and ready to pop some seeds and begin my Fall grow. I have 5 Satori seeds from Mandala Seeds, and because they are not Femmed, I will plant all of them and hope for a female. I'm also going to crack three seeds from DinaFrm -- OG Kush, Blue Widow, and Moby **** and one EVA, Veneno. I've put a wye on the outside vent for a small inline fan I will put on the 600w MH in a cooltoub over the vedge area. Last fall I just let it vent into the room and didn't have any problems, but I just want to do it right this time. The variable ballast which runs the vedge area works nicely for all stages of vedge, from seedling to two foot or more. I just start it out low and turn it up a every week or two. I will use starting mix to pop the seeds and then transplant to one gallon pots until they are a couple of feet tall and then transplant them into three gal. pots to flower. I will use FoxFarm Ocean Forrest soil and GH three part nutes. I'm getting another 600w HID to hang next to the one already in the tent, so I will have 1200w for flowering. I'm not quite sure how to configure two lights to go with the carbon filter and the cool tubes and then out through the fan, but I have a couple of months to get it done as the seeds just went into Seedling Mix a few minutes ago and will be vegetating for that long anyway. I will be dropping in with updates and questions, but I don't want to fill my computer with pictures of weed growing, so I won't be doing a journal this year. Wish me luck my people.

Peace

You have all the green MOJO coming your way Hemper. Wish you were doing a grow journal but what ever you need to do is ok with me. Could you delete after posting? or does that not work?

The line up sounds great...lets do some betting. I bet you get 3 females out of the Satori 5, wishful thinking maybe, but i am thinking positive. Og kush will be fun and a blue one too.

I am glad your back on the boat. I will be here following along friend.

Thanks Rosy. It feels real good to be growing again. :)

Well, if they sprout I'll be growing again, lol.

Peace

Thank you Gourmet. I hope for ladies.... :)

Peace

I'm sure that you are glad to be back home. There's no place like home.

When I have 2 600W set up, I run a 4" vent out of each reflector and run these 2 4" into a 4 x 4 x 6 wye. The wye is connected to ducting that is connected to my fan. If I had a fan, I would put it after the fan.

I am starting my plants in solo cups and then, like you, am transplanting into 1 gal pots and then into 3 gal pots. This seems to be working just fine and I really am not getting any transplant shock.

Thanks for stopping in Goddess. My cooltubes are 6" in diameter and so is the carbon filter and my vortex fan going out of the tent -- I guess I'll need two wyes -- one at the filter and one at the fan -- hope there is room for all that. I am also considering a CO2 setup. Everything I read says there is a 40 percent increase in bud production running CO2 -- do you think it is worth the expense? I thought I was going to have heat problems back there, but the temps are in the low 70's with my aircon as low as I can set it. The RH is 45%, which is perfect. Like you, I never seem to get transplant shock, but I am pretty careful not to disturb the roots or cause a lot of trama to the plants. It IS nice to be HOME and growing again. :)

Peace

HemperFi,
Glad to hear you made it back to the boat and that your seeds are snuggled in all nice like and ready to grow. Good luck.

Like Rosebud said- I will miss your journal this fall but do what works for you.

Green mojo for lots of girls :D

Thanks, Tasty. I just hope they turn out near as nice as yours. I'm watching your grow, and you are doing a splendid job -- keep up the great growing :)

Peace

Thanks 4u. I keep a pretty low profile out here on the docks -- hope I'm safe. I'd forgotten the hardest part of growing -- waiting -- I've probable examined the cups twenty times since I put the seeds in the dirt yesterday. I know it will take days for them to show, but I can't seem to stop going back and having a look.... patience is key, but it sure is hard :)

Peace

I'm a daddy again my people -- it only took two days for my femenized "Blue Widow" from DinaFem to begin pushing her little head up out of the soil. I read everything there is in here about germination, and there are many styles and manners of popping seeds. Some seem to believe you are not germinating unless you put the seeds in paper towels or cloth or cotton, but according to Rosenthal, germination begins as soon as the seed takes in enough water for the process to begin. I like to soak the seeds over night just to see if they are viable. Seeds that don't sink in the water will not grow into plants, those that do will sprout. Then I do it just like Hick and the Goddess, who both know as much as Rosenthal any day. I put them in the dirt. The Blue Widow sprouted in less than two days. I'm a grower again :)

peace

Congratulations on the births. I am so happy for you. The waiting to determine the sex is what drives me nuts. At least you won't have to do that.

So glad your back Hemper. see ya round.

:yay:

I remember running out to SHed in Mornings cause I needed to see what changed....sometimes even in underware:spit:

I have been thinking about this crop for months 4u. It's amazing how growing this fantastic plant gets into your soul. It is truly a spiritual experience.

Rosebud- The Satoris will need sexing, so Hemper will have that to look forward to.

4u- been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Luckily my room is inside!

HemperFi
CONGRATULATIONS

Handing out cigars in honor of your newest arrival.

Thanks Tasty -- let's hand out blunts instead of cigars :) I don't actually smoke blunts (or cigars) but I would on this occasion. Anyway, I'm not real sure congrats are in order just yet. She has yet to stand up and spread her green. She is about half out of the ground with her pretty head tucked down into the split seed casing. I'm thinking she is just a little shy because she is the first one to pop :) Have a great day. I am -- it's so nice to be home.

Peace

Three Satori have popped along with the OG Kush, Veneno and the Blue Widow. I'm on my way -- soooo exciting :)

I just soaked the seeds over night and then put them in solo cups 1/4 inch, and they are popping like popcorn :) When should I turn up the light to 400w?

Peace

Yeah, easy, things are getting truly exciting for me here on the old boat :) I figure the harvest to be closer to feb than Jan 1, but we will see. I'm going to fim them and then LST them some -- last time I just let em grow and got big ol buds, but not many of them -- this time I want a bunch of them :)

Peace

Hemper-
Ha-Ha- I don't do them either. Maybe chocolate would be a better choice!
See and now you have company for that early little girl.

Latest posts

Back