• If you cannot log in please check out this thread After Upgrade Notes. or use the Contact Us at the bottom right corner of the main forum page.
Advertise On Marijuana Passion

potency

zigggy

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 9, 2016
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,654
whats up guys,,,,,,???? for ya,,will a regular seed(not fem nor auto)that is grown and turns out to be female be stronger then a seed of the same verity that is feminized or is auto ,,,,thanks zig
 

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer
Staff member
Admin
Moderator
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
23,095
Reaction score
6,099
What strains have you grown both fems and regs? And how were they different?
 

Hushpuppy

Dr MadBud
Joined
Mar 27, 2011
Messages
6,441
Reaction score
288
The auto strains generally aren't as good as photoperiod strains, however, they are getting better through selective breeding. I have had some very good plants that produced very well. I haven't compared these to their photoperiod counterparts to see which did better, but I was pleased with most that I did grow. I have had a couple that did poorly. If you choose to try autos, only go with a well established breeder who has a good track record of strains as they will do more comprehensive breeding selections to get better performing strains.
 

jimihendrix

Active Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
44
Reaction score
26
When I grew the Barneys Farm Fem G13 x Haze vs the Regulars it was like night, and day.

The fems were slower growing, more pale, and was about 25% of the potency of the Regs.

Also we get 20 oz per plant , under 1000w Hortilux HPS, and 20 gallons Promix BX x Chem Gro 4-20 39...15-0-0 x Extra Mg, and Mono Potassium Phosphate boost in early bloom,, and Mg boost 2 weeks before harvest. With the Reg BF G13/Hz we get 20 oz per plant, and can only muster 12 from the fems, and potency is way down on the fems. Total waste of time.
Had the same experience on a few other Fems vs Regulars.
 

The Hemp Goddess

Granny Mod
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
19,419
Reaction score
8,345
There is really no reason whatsoever that fem seed would/should produce less than reg seeds. I would say that you might have gotten a bad batch of seeds. Autos, however, will virtually always produce less and be less potent than fem or reg seeds that are not autos.
 

The Hemp Goddess

Granny Mod
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
19,419
Reaction score
8,345
All living things have recessive genes--that doesn't mean that yield is going to adversely affected. I can assure you that a good grower could grow a non-femmed seed and a femmed seed of the same strain side by side and that you would not be able to tell the difference either in the growth or the quality of the bud.
 

jimihendrix

Active Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
44
Reaction score
26
Whatever. Ive been growing since 1972. Ive grown seeds from plants Ive had that slightly pollenated themselves, that were good plants, but would neither breed them, nor rely on them. I prefer my mother plants ect to bef from seeds, or from a mother plant grown from seed. Also IMHO they a lot more likely to hermi from stress vs a regular plant from seed.
 
Last edited:

CannabisKidPot420

Genetically you are here but so is marijuana
Joined
Aug 10, 2019
Messages
158
Reaction score
27
Location
Henrico, Virginia Botany Labs Inc.
There is really no reason whatsoever that fem seed would/should produce less than reg seeds. I would say that you might have gotten a bad batch of seeds. Autos, however, will virtually always produce less and be less potent than fem or reg seeds that are not autos.
I personally hate autos always have always will. To me there a waste of time and efforts.
 

CannabisKidPot420

Genetically you are here but so is marijuana
Joined
Aug 10, 2019
Messages
158
Reaction score
27
Location
Henrico, Virginia Botany Labs Inc.
Whatever. Ive been growing since 1972. Ive grown seeds from plants Ive had that slightly pollenated themselves, that were good plants, but would neither breed them, nor rely on them. I prefer my mother plants ect to bef from seeds, or from a mother plant grown from seed. Also IMHO they a lot more likely to hermi from stress vs a regular plant from seed.
Yes I personally totally agree with you on that because those modded up plant seeds are flip floppy in my opinion and experience. However, real old traditional reg seeds to me are way far superior in my opinion especially since I have seeds that are in my freezer and I have had them since the 1960's and 1970's from my dad when he want to nam war and left them to me to have. You could say that they are family heirloom marijuana seeds passed down to me and I personally find them to be by far the most superior seeds by far and are all 100% pure strains with no b.s. fem or auto crap and cut up with crazy chemicals. I mean don't get me wrong I do have my very own personal testing strains that I "F" with but will never smoke any of them because of crazy hormones and chemicals in the seeds DNA that can cause cancers further down the road from now.

So that's why I personally rather stick to all 100% pure natural and chemical free seeds.

I mean if you're not getting high enough just smoke a little more that's all no need for all of this really crazy hormone and chemicals stuff in your plants, remember you get exactly what you are putting in them all every time.

In other words you get what you are putting in them back either good or bad. I much rather have the good wouldn't you??

My dads nam seeds will last a lifetime in my freezer and everyone of them will grow without fail.
As far as hermes that's a 94% chance of that not happening and a 1% chance of it being 5% males.

Them odds definitely not bad at all really. Because everyone of them so far have always been females and only had 1 male out of 18 grow seasons that is defiantly not very bad odds at all really.

If I ever do get any males I'll just smoke up there leaves because they do contain CBD in the leaves anyway!. LOL
 
Last edited:

CannabisKidPot420

Genetically you are here but so is marijuana
Joined
Aug 10, 2019
Messages
158
Reaction score
27
Location
Henrico, Virginia Botany Labs Inc.
All living things have recessive genes--that doesn't mean that yield is going to adversely affected. I can assure you that a good grower could grow a non-femmed seed and a femmed seed of the same strain side by side and that you would not be able to tell the difference either in the growth or the quality of the bud.
I totally agree with you on that THG
 

Aksarben

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2019
Messages
269
Reaction score
175
As for me, I really like my Feminized Auto seeds - plants. I like that I can grow in them in smaller pots and tke about 2+ months to harvest from germination. They ARE fairly potent as well. Autoflower breeders have come a long way from the original "Lowrider" I have a Heavy Weight Seed (HWS) High Density Auto now ready to harvest (18 - 20 % THC). link to their info: http://heavyweightseeds.es/en/archivos/portfolio/high-density-auto-2/
Many of the Autoflower strains have excellent potency now. https://marijuanaseedbreeders.com/autoflower-seeds The Amnesia Haze at the last link has up to 23% THC. How does that compare to other non Autoflower levels?
 
Last edited:

jimihendrix

Active Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
44
Reaction score
26
Total THC content is not a reliable determiner of potency. Terpenes, and other chemicals also come into play.
Ive smoked all kinds of stuff that was supposed to be 27%+ THC, and was at best mid grade. I wouldn't buy it.
 

Latest posts

Top