Put Together Hps Light!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HYDRO333

BIG Things >>>POPPIN<<<
Reaction score
Ok i just got a 150 watt hps but the problem is that it is all together and i heard it will be to HOTT and it WAS i would like to know how to make a remote ballast that is it seprate right? Anyway iam goin to post pics of it i tell me what you guys think!!!

Ok last time my pics didnt go through!
Here is my light!!!

Picture 001-1.jpg

Picture 002-1.jpg

Picture 003-1.jpg

Picture 004-1.jpg

On the far right pic the rusty rectangeler thing was VERY HOTT!!!!!!!!!!

That looks like one of those construction lights or a floodlight. Is that a grow light? My light is hot as hell too but I just turned the fan up and made a little ventilation in the closet.

i got it from a car garage at a etrence if a door(big bussiness garage)

there is alot of wires as you can see to much some are unhookes and i dont know what goes to what. i pluged the whole system in and it didnt work, then i tried just to put the 150 watt hps light in a normal household socket and it also didnt work.

Are you sure its an hps lamp. Cause my old nieghbor used to have a bunch of those lights for his construction business and they werent hps. I cant remember what they were but they did get so hot the bulb would melt your skin right off. Does it say its sodium any where on the light or bulb?

im trying to see exact what you got.. you may have an EYE on it that only lets it go on when its dark out, how did you go about pluggin it in?

its without a doubt eather an mh or hps lamp that im 110% shur of!

best thing to do is untangle all them wires to see what you got than we will get u going. looks like a 70watter

I treid to get a phota of every wire and from were they come from also i got a whole pic veiw and the bulb. I took a photo of the label on the side of the box tellin how many watts.....etc. On one of the pic in the bottom left corner u will c a green and a black(black one not connected)the green is screwed to the box i think its ground anyway they stuck out of the back of the box i think they are for the plug. I hope these pics help me and you. thank you to everyone.

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 009.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

Picture 011.jpg

Im not tring to criticize you or anything..

But those lights look like a FIRE waiting to happen.

becareful.

No its all good say wat you need to but y you think that its a fire watin to happen.

HYDRO333 said:
No its all good say wat you need to but y you think that its a fire watin to happen.

I have a thing about "old" electronic with rust and uncertain history,
that pulls alot of watts and gets really HOT.

I did a M/H DIY for my coral reef fish tank, and i stoped using it, because
i was so paranoid. I have family kids home, which are far more important
than MJ. If catch my drift. Thats all..

With low wattage lights under 400Ws being so relatively inexpensive,
its a small price to pay for peace of mind. IMO.

Either way good luck. Looks like were starting our grows at the same time.

yea for sure i know EXACTLY wat ure sayin good luck to you too.....keep eachother posted:)

I know $$$ might be a problem. but when messing with Ballasts I agree with MrPuffAlot on the used stuff. When I make one a remote ballast I use ONLY brand spanking new flood/area HPS or MH lights. They are so low in cost that its worth it to have a known good Ballast. That flood looks like its in a bit of rough shape and been in use for a while. IMHO

Ive heard that bulbs should be replaced every year or so because they get weaker after a lot of use. Your bulb looks black and worn out. Its probably been in that garage for five years and might not be good anymore. Ive seen some guys post some pretty good deals on here for cheap *** lights. You might want to consider getting something brand new.

maineharvest said:
Ive heard that bulbs should be replaced every year or so because they get weaker after a lot of use. Your bulb looks black and worn out. Its probably been in that garage for five years and might not be good anymore. Ive seen some guys post some pretty good deals on here for cheap *** lights. You might want to consider getting something brand new.

right on the money man its about five yrs that its been used. anyway i tought it over and i gunna buy one hopefully for 100 wit light used thou but still better might aswell its my first grow and i wanna it to go smooth wit out a fire department and i got paid anyway.

Latest posts

Back