Put Together Hps Light!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if rust is a problem then take all the parts out and sandpaper that thing.

Dankerz said:
ya i can read, now if i can just figure this out ill be alright!:hitchair:

i got more than enough patience, but some of his questions are plain out just duurrr! in other posts not just this one, if people would just read alittle. newbs tend to not wanna listen eather thats what erks me the most.
good luck with your grow hydro!

If you dont like it dont read my threads you have a choice and i dont have time for this online beef! cause thats just weak and thank you?

I'd say fix it up like you originally planned and set it outside for like 4 or so days and just turn it on and let it go, that way you'll know if its safe or not.

Draston said:
I'd say fix it up like you originally planned and set it outside for like 4 or so days and just turn it on and let it go, that way you'll know if its safe or not.

hey draston which one are you takin about the one i already have pics off or the new. I just cant wait to post da pics, it will be later tonight! then we can finaily solve this.

I'm talking about the one people were saying looked like a floodlight. The unsafe one.

did sumbody say fire.....? any pics so we can get you up and growin?
update

Hey guys srry to keep u waitin alot sh it happend anyway i was gunna post da pics yesterday that i was tellin u ppl about so here they are:).

The ballas thats in the pic is not the same as in the old pics as u can clearly see and about dankerz concern of a ingiter its intergated in the ballas also another Q about the ballas/light on the light package it said ONLY USE WITH ANSI S55 BALLASES and mine is only S55 thats all it said. Also as u can replaced the old bulb with a new and better one.

I got 2 fans in the pic to that iam planing to use for a ventalation system i was wondering how do i get the power source(cant use the wall plug cause its only about 1.9 watts and 12v the smaller one may be less #.

That it for know waitin to listen to ALL of your guys/girls:) comments.
THANKS.

Picture 002-1.jpg

I don't for sure if thats what you are thinking...But, DO NOT try to wire that ballast to that lamp fixture. That will not work and is a disaster waiting to happen.

the S55 should be the correct ballast. You will need to get a mogul socket for the HPS bulb. What you have there is a household lamp, the bulb shouldn't even be able to screw in to that thing.

you need a 12V adapter for the fans like everyon else said.

Be careful man, don't light yourself up man. Those ballasts have enough juice to kill you man.

Mutt said:
the S55 should be the correct ballast. You will need to get a mogul socket for the HPS bulb. What you have there is a household lamp, the bulb shouldn't even be able to screw in to that thing.

The S55 will fit a regular houshold size socket.

Growdude said:
The S55 will fit a regular houshold size socket.

Yea man it fits prop...and the electicity store told me i would be fine but iam surprised u guys never seen this before???

It really seems like your going through a lot of trouble just for a simple light. If you had just bought a new setup you would have been growing over a week ago. I dont understand why you are doing this. Just invest a couple hundred dollars and you can get a nice lamp and ballast and there will be no wiring or nothing. No worries about burning the house down. Just seems so much simpler to me. What do you think?

maineharvest said:
It really seems like your going through a lot of trouble just for a simple light. If you had just bought a new setup you would have been growing over a week ago. I dont understand why you are doing this. Just invest a couple hundred dollars and you can get a nice lamp and ballast and there will be no wiring or nothing. No worries about burning the house down. Just seems so much simpler to me. What do you think?

You think i dont agree with you the stores neer my house are way to expensive. ive been on the internet trying to figure out a cheap site and that will deliver to canada. yes i agree that iam doin to much! but hey i need to find the cheapest.

Latest posts

Back