Put Together Hps Light!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah this stuffs not cheap. I know what you mean. good luck with your light.

maineharvest said:
yeah this stuffs not cheap. I know what you mean. good luck with your light.

at that prices it could feed me for 2 or more weeks...........so dat y i need a cheap sulution!

good solution would be to return what you bought till you can afford what you need!

HYDRO333 said:
at that prices it could feed me for 2 or more weeks...........so dat y i need a cheap sulution!

Why not use what you have allready bought?

Dankerz....your getting me confused....every time a look at a new pick something is different. Did you purchase that socket....its different than the one you posted earlier. Can you make a post that just shows us where you are at right now?
If you can take close up pics of the labels too.

Mutt said:
Dankerz....your getting me confused....every time a look at a new pick something is different. Did you purchase that socket....its different than the one you posted earlier. Can you make a post that just shows us where you are at right now?
If you can take close up pics of the labels too.

Ok ill do that tonight when i get the cam....i just dont understand y pple are saying u cant use itnthe bulb fits into the socket the socket can wistand 600watts also the ballas is fine...ill get some pics mutt and ull tell me wat you think.......

Growdude said:
Why not use what you have allready bought?

Iam trying to but pple are makin me paronoid saying your hose is guna burn down and stuff like that i dont understand y the person will sell me tthis and on top of that will tell me everyting will be fine i evven broght the bulb to show him????

Never knew had the cam..anyway i cant really get a good quality pic to show all of the writing so iam guuna take a pic of watever i can plus write it down?

71A8107-B

INTEGRATED INGNITER REACTOR BALLAST
150W S55 HIGH PRESSURE SODIUM LAMP
120V 60 HZ 3.20A
(1.50A WITH CAP)
OPTIONAL 52MFD OR 55MFD
120V CAP
AD180
GROUND BALLAST CORE AND
METALLIC CAPACITOR CASE
ASSEMBLED IN MEXICO

THAT PRETTY MUCH WAT IT SAYS HALF OFF IT I DO NOT GET.
IF THERE IS SOMETHING YOU WANNA READ BUT CANT TELL ME AND ILL TYPE IT DOWN:). THANK YOU.

Picture 003-1.jpg

thanks mutt for confusing us;) i was just posting pics of the 150w hps s55bulb and the correct socket he needs to go with it.
hydro333>it seems that is the correct ballast setup you have, didnt seem so at first being we didnt know it was an intergrated ballast/igniter and couldnt really see with the old pics.. it seems now all you need is a Socket for that bulb to sit in.. you need a socket for a s55 150hps bulb..called mogulbase pulse rated socket..go to the store you got ballast from and get the right socket. than ur set

Heck Dankerz, I am so confused I couldn't figure out who was posting what.

OK Hydro. First off the socket you have is (I guarantee) underrated for 150W...even if it screws in...its a fire hazard. Dankerz has the correct socket.

You should have had a socket with the flood you have hydro. lil bit of alcohol and a tooth brush (old electronic geeks method of working on old components.) might clean it up (no crud left over scrub till new metal and porcelain).....but new is better.

We need pictures of your wiring as well.. It may need to be replaced....wires are the first thing to fail next to soldered connections.

i guess mutt didnt see your last post hydro or the other post that shows you bought a bran new s55ballast.. but like he said use the socket off that old flood hps unit you had and post pics of what wires are coming out of that new ballast.
ok so you got 1.socket(oldunit)2.ballast/igniter)3.150w hps bulb.. you should have all it takes to get that thing running!

Dankerz said:
so you got 1.socket(oldunit)2.ballast/igniter)3.150w hps bulb.. you should have all it takes to get that thing running!

Thanks for the "re-cap" man, It is a lot to read.
Stoner brain...sometimes on the slow side. :p
I'd still like to see the picture of the old socket, sometimes you may need to break out the wire brush.

beleave it or not i just looked back on page 1 and the old socket looks in real real good cond.. so he just needs the proper wire and hookup & hes set!

dankerz ive BEEN tellin u the stuff u said and that ballas is the same as the one wit the two fans, whatever though iam so happy i can use this S hit and not put any more time on lookin for stuff, so i should use the socket from the old unit but ill give it a good scrub. One more Q and ill be on my way growing cause i got to my seeds are sprouting quik!!!!can i use wire from extension cords???

HYDRO333 said:
can i use wire from extension cords???

Depends how rough in shape the original wires are. If the insulation is brittle and hard...then they need replaced. You can use an electrical chord to make to be plugged in just use the heavy duty orange electrical chord. Use wire nuts AND electrical tape around the wire nuts. I put a lil strain relief in it too.

Make sure you re-wire the transformer and cap EXACTLY right. The socket and the 120V plug in side is a walk in the park.

Dankerz is right the socket that is in the flood light will work fine, but because it was used outdoors you'll wat to clean the contacts....just be careful with all components as stuff outside oxidizes and becomes brittle.

been 10-11days sense first post, any update? you should have 4" plants by now ;)

Dankerz said:
been 10-11days sense first post, any update? you should have 4" plants by now ;)

4" naw man it only sprouted like 2 days ago!!!iam using cfls.

Latest posts

Back