Question on the 420 law for California!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGB30

California Medical Card P
Reaction score
I have currently 6 Mature plants and I will have 12 sprouts...

The 420 law states 6 mature or twelve immature plants..

We all know it takes them a while to grow before you know what ya got (Males or Females).

6 mature plants I have are flowering... So I got a month or a month & half to go...

Am i breaking the law or am I safe... I contacted my patient rights for my area... Awaiting her email... I was just wondering what other medical patients think or know.

Thanks for your help and visiting this thread

I contacted Normal awaiting a email..

Ya I do but know one will reply..

i was told a mature plant is one that is either budding or 12 inches tall...dont remember the source so await clarification. i'll see if i can find something

i cant find the legal definition of what a "mature" and a "immature" plant. great question, i'd like to know where the "official" answer lies.

lyfr said:
i cant find the legal definition of what a "mature" and a "immature" plant. great question, i'd like to know where the "official" answer lies.

Ya so would I... Keeps us and the leos in check.:)

immature is the plant in vedge stage, mature is in flower. I believe the law reads with the word "or". Like 6 mature (flowering) OR 12 immature (vedging).

check this link....
http://www.safeaccessnow.net/countyguidelines.htm#420
it tells the guidelines for counties and cities in California. It also has a link (i think) that gives you the law word for word.

tcbud said:
immature is the plant in vedge stage, mature is in flower. I believe the law reads with the word "or". Like 6 mature (flowering) OR 12 immature (vedging).

check this link....
it tells the guidelines for counties and cities in California. It also has a link (i think) that gives you the law word for word.

I know that because that came with my card.....

My question is if ya growing 3 mature plants that are flowering and you have 12 immatures growing for the Fall grow...

Are "you" breaking the "LAW.

All it states is 6 Mature or 12 Immature or 8oz of dried buds..

KGB30 said:
I know that because that came with my card.....

My question is if ya growing 3 mature plants that are flowering and you have 12 immatures growing for the Fall grow...

Are "you" breaking the "LAW.

All it states is 6 Mature or 12 Immature or 8oz of dried buds..
i misunderstood...

tcbud said:

check this link....
i'm sure a 5 ft plant in veg would not be considered immature in the eyes of the law, but i've been wrong before

:D
lyfr said:
i misunderstood...

No prob buddy... Just trying to figure out what will cause ya problems.. Thanks buddy:)

In my county the board of supervisors has said that the deffinition of mature is a budding plant, a non budding plant as immature (read this in the local paper when they were debating to allow more plants than the state allows). I dont KNOW about how other counties define it. With the word OR involved, it usually means one OR the other. This is why i had to pull some budding plants (that had been revedging) because when all the plants went "mature" (budding) i was over the amount of mature plants my county allows. Tho in MY county i can still have vedging plants along with the mature. My county ordinance reads and/or not just OR. So i had ten in bud earlier in the season, and i think thirteen vedging. As soon as those vedging plants went into flower, i had to kill some to stay inside the allowed amount of flowering (mature, by definition of my county) plants.
You might check with your county KGB, or look at that link, I would imagine that Mature and Imature are defined in the law that was passed. My brother has one over, and wont pull it, he says "who are gonna come and check?" the sherriffs are busy with illegal grows. He grows directly across from a Sherriff's house too....(im staying inside the amounts allowed, cause i have no idea what happens if you are over what is allowed and get caught. I have lived in fear (not overwhelming fear of course) for most of my life as a MJ partaker and feel blessed that the law is as it is now.
Like he said, "who is gonna check?".

tcbud said:
In my county the board of supervisors has said that the deffinition of mature is a budding plant, a non budding plant as immature (read this in the local paper when they were debating to allow more plants than the state allows). I dont KNOW about how other counties define it. With the word OR involved, it usually means one OR the other. This is why i had to pull some budding plants (that had been revedging) because when all the plants went "mature" (budding) i was over the amount of mature plants my county allows. Tho in MY county i can still have vedging plants along with the mature. My county ordinance reads and/or not just OR. So i had ten in bud earlier in the season, and i think thirteen vedging. As soon as those vedging plants went into flower, i had to kill some to stay inside the allowed amount of flowering (mature, by definition of my county) plants.
You might check with your county KGB, or look at that link, I would imagine that Mature and Imature are defined in the law that was passed. My brother has one over, and wont pull it, he says "who are gonna come and check?" the sherriffs are busy with illegal grows. He grows directly across from a Sherriff's house too....(im staying inside the amounts allowed, cause i have no idea what happens if you are over what is allowed and get caught. I have lived in fear (not overwhelming fear of course) for most of my life as a MJ partaker and feel blessed that the law is as it is now.
Like he said, "who is gonna check?".

Thanks Buddy

Medical marijuana rules confused under ruling
By BEN BROWN The Daily Journal
Article Last Updated: 08/16/2008 12:04:15 AM PDT

DA says big commercial grows still the target

Recent court decisions have muddied the already unclear waters of medical marijuana law in California, but in Mendocino County District Attorney Meredith Lintott said it will be business as usual.

Last week Mendocino County Superior Court Judge John Behnke ruled that the medical marijuana possession limits established by voter-approved Measure B could not stand as written in light of the California Appellate Court decision in People v. Kelly.

In the Kelly decision, the court ruled that the statewide medical marijuana possession limit of six mature or 12 immature plants and eight ounces of marijuana was unconstitutional because the limits were an amendment by the legislature to the Compassionate Use Act which legalized medical marijuana but contained no possession limits.

In the ruling, judges wrote that the legislature cannot amend a voter initiative unless the initiative permits it. The CUA does not.

Based on that ruling, Behnke ruled that if the legislature cannot amend the CUA than neither can an individual county.

Without Measure B or the statewide limits established by Proposition 420, medical marijuana possession limits are now in flux.

"For right in the present day, now, there are no limits," Lintott said.

hxxp://www.ukiahdailyjournal.com/ci_10222267

Hick said:
hxxp://www.ukiahdailyjournal.com/ci_10222267

"For right in the present day, now, there are no limits," Lintott said.

Is legal statement in the eyes of the law?:)

To be safe, ask your Dr to recommend a specific plant number, which he can.
My Dr gave me a 80 plant limit and my wife an 80 plant limit also.

Work the system before it works you.

NorCalHal said:
To be safe, ask your Dr to recommend a specific plant number, which he can.
My Dr gave me a 80 plant limit and my wife an 80 plant limit also.

Work the system before it works you.

Thanks friend thats a good ideal... Have a good night & thanks

Latest posts

Back