Questions about feeding indoors!(w/pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BonesBUD

Reaction score
Hey guys my indoor plants seem to be goin great and I think the time for me to start feeding is approaching!:cool: My plants are 15 days above ground and im using expert gardner(perfect mix).

I have the FF trio pack but now im not sure if I need it. It seems the perfect mix has nutes already (.10, .08, .06). Does anybody have any experience with feeding FF(or anything) with this soil? I don't want to burn my plants, all help is needed! I've included a few pics of the biggest plant, tell me what ya think.:D

CIMG0703-1.JPG

CIMG0704-1.JPG

CIMG0705-1.JPG

If your grow medium has nutes in it already then you wont need to start feeding for 4 weeks, then use 1/4 the recommended amount at first slowly increasing to 1/2 the recommended amount, this is just how i do it.

Hippy

Ya, depending on your soil, you DO NOT want to add nutrients for at least a month. Most soils do come with nuetrients already in it that last a while. It is very easy to burn your plants if there are already sufficient nutes in the medium. I would wait a while if you don't know, and if you do know if it has nutes or not, and it doesn't, then just, like hipp said, start at 1/4 strength and work your way up.

Signs of N defficancy is
Plants growth will slow and the bottom fan leaves will start to yellow, the hole plant may be light yellow.

So if you dont get a little yellowing on the bottom fan leaves your dirt is still giving some nutes.

Thanks for the replies guys!

So I will just be waiting and watching for the next few weeks!

Is yellowing the only signs that the plant needs to be fed? As long as the plant is healthy and growing steady I should not feed it anything right?:D

Yellowing can also be due to too much watering.

Yellowing can also be due to too much watering.

Yellowing can also be due to under watering.

To me, that soil looks really dry. When you water, make sure to saturate all the soil in the pot. I find it's easier if I water it in two spurts, that way the water doesn't all flow to the bottom. On the second spurt, it seems to spread throughout the soil better.

Hope this helped. :)

Breat post buddy. I was about to post that verry thing. I would even put the pot in a pan of watter covering the bottom of your pot untill it wicks up to wet all the soil. Your just keeping you plant alive like that not letting it grow to its potential. Slim

Bubby said:
Yellowing can also be due to under watering.:)
Oh yeah that's right. Sorry I didn't mention that.:eek:

hey guys!

The pots have a small dish under them to catch the runoff. I will definitely take your advice and water the WHOLE pot from now on.

Latest posts

Back