Questions on Cleaving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:) when the person gets to clingy....oh u mean plants...sorry.:holysheep: :eek:

Never heard of "cleaving" is that where ya take the meat cleaver too them?

sounds like you could be talking about "topping",

but you will have to give a definition of "cleaving"

Growdude said:
Never heard of "cleaving" is that where ya take the meat cleaver too them?

Kind of. I don't exactly understand it myself, but apparently you can split the main stalk near harvest and the flowers are supposed to swell or something?!? I saw a post about it a while back and can't find it now. Alot of those guys had tried side by side grows and saw positive results in yeild. I.C.E. is looking good for six and a half weeks you think!?!

day 44-1.JPG

day 44-2.JPG

day 44.JPG

Those look great I wouldnt mess with them...

Don't rock the boat brutha!

Those look great!..If I were you, I'd grow those out like they are ,

then on my next grow, I'd try the "cleaving" thing on ONE plant...

then I'd come back and tell everybody here what happened:)

as far as cleaving I havent done it..I have bent a plant that busted down the middle and reformed stronger than ever...I will go get you guys a picture of it..I would do that before slicing down the whole middle..course what do i know. lol

see how thick the bent stalks get?? I love it... LA WOMAN...

120809 bent plants 026.jpg

120809 bent plants 027.jpg

120809 bent plants 031.jpg

It was healing right away totally in about a week...it never bothered the plant at all...I do it because it makes the plant bigger/stronger and gives light to more areas...did you notice that the unbent branches arent nearly as thick? I bent her...gently pinched her stem between two fingers and bent her...made her middle split...as you were aksing about...I am saying you can split the middle bending instead of cutting...I dont do this near harvest...I do it once the plant is growing and starting to get strong..big.

yea i think i saw the same post you are talking about. a guy put a chizel in the bottom of the stem a week before harvest, because it supposively made the yeild higher and the potency. i was actually going to make a post about this. b.c i want to do it b4 i harvest 2, if it worx..

Unless someone could explain to me how this could possibly be good for my plant and increase yield, I certainly would not be doing something like that right before harvest. People have tried a myriad of strange different methods to try and increase yield, but I have yet to see anything that makes a difference (otherwise, it would be well written about and we would all be doing it).

:yeahthat:.. another urban myth.. ;)

2Dog said:
It was healing right away totally in about a week...it never bothered the plant at all...I do it because it makes the plant bigger/stronger and gives light to more areas...did you notice that the unbent branches arent nearly as thick? I bent her...gently pinched her stem between two fingers and bent her...made her middle split...as you were aksing about...I am saying you can split the middle bending instead of cutting...I dont do this near harvest...I do it once the plant is growing and starting to get strong..big.

I've had that happen, mainly from waiting too long to start the LST. Guess it becomes HST (High stress training:hubba: ), then.:D :D

Never made them split on purpose, but the splits that happened healed right up with no damage.

DD

i first thought he/she was talking about 'cranking'. too late to be doing that also...

i would have recommended an additive 4 weeks ago. to late in also...although you can give it a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses, with no ill effects...(per gallon water, or your feed)...

i'd also leave that alone this far in...

so. what to do?

try going complete dark 48-72 hours after flush; before chop...thats my rec...

oh yeah rocker, looks dank...:) ...

hmmmm...I've never heard of this cleaving...and I have been reading stuff for over 20 yrs...where did you get this info, I would like to check it out...although like the rest of these people I would not try it. I think any kind of supercropping, or LST any stress to the plant should be done in veg...not that far into harvest...but you never know, I'm not saying whoever said it is wrong! I've just never heard of it.

I saw and read the same post. It would seem to me you could find the post by searching for CLEAVING.

I am also wanting to try it on this crop in about 4 weeks since someone showed us how to do it here, and then another 2 members tried it and said it worked on the same thread.

i tried this whole cleaving bit when it was the talk about the forums for a day or two like this summer sometime.
and i wasnt exactly amazed or impressed by wat it did if anything to where i'd do it everytime or ever.
al though the ones i did cleave seemed to finish up a wee bit sooner than the ones not, only i suffered noticable yield i thought at the time. so idk if i'd recommend it.
i believe it was nonameseeds who posted of it in the forums.

Latest posts

Back