Quick Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don403

little cheeses
Reaction score
How many weeks does the bloom take?

Don -- It is different for each variety -- Indicas come from cooler climates where a plant has to finish fast such as the AK 47 and others -That 47 is about the number of days in bloom it takes to finish - Sativas come from more temperate areas and have a long grow season so take longer to finish -- Some can take 13 weeks or more --
U need a jewelers loop -- The way to judge when a plant is fully mature is when U see amber tricomes-- Some take them at the 1st sign of amber others wait until full amber
Sativas will give U a more trippy high and Indicas can cause more of a couch lock !-- Hybrids are crosses of the 2 -- On the seed sites such as Seedfinders.com and Leafly.com they will list about how long each variety takes to finish.
Hope that helps !

Is that like when the sex pistols explode.

Don U see the clear mushroom looking things on the plant in this pic ?-- Those are trichcomes-- That is where the THC and other goodies are !-- This shows clear trichs still developing
20180429_103834.jpg

Don U see the clear mushroom looking things on the plant in this pic ?-- Those are trichcomes-- That is where the THC and other goodies are !-- This shows clear trichs still developing View attachment 250879

OK, I think I understand. I was a outside grower and when October came around it was time to pick.

Don what I do is a 4 part rotation of 60 day finishers -- I move something to bloom every 2 weeks -- After 2 months they start coming outta bloom every 2 weeks -- That way U don't get slammed with having to trim a big harvest all at once !-- There's plenty varieties to pick from that will finish in about that long !
It's hard to beat weed grown properly inside !

OK, I think I understand. I was a outside grower and when October came around it was time to pick.
Keef is definitely right. Inside growing gives you better control of the climate, Lighting, everything your plant needs. Might I also add that while all plants are different. Autoflowering fem. seeds usually as a norm tell you when your plant will be ready. So if a Autoflower says 8 weeks to flower, at eight weeks your harvesting. Not is true with photoperiods. If they say 8 week flowering, that means a additional 8 weeks after it hits bloom.

You just have to judge by the trichomes on the plant. I take sativas anywhere from 8-10 weeks and indicas when they are ready meaning dark amber trichomes at least 40 %. Usually at around 8 weeks. Welcome, by the way Don.

Being a cloner I can't use Autos -- U can root an Auto clone but it is still gonna finish at the same time as the one U took it from -- Fast finishers are my jam -- Mostly indica and finish in 60 days or less -- As long as veg can keep up with a rotation I can crank it out ! -- 26 harvest per year once the rotation is up and running !

Okay.. I think I understand, I have to judge it by the trichomes on the plant.

Quick Question:
I know that you can tell by the leaves of the plant if it's a sativas or a indicas plant. My problem is, I don't know what a sativas plant looks like or a indicas plant looks like.... I sound stupid *#^? but I had some strokes a couple of years ago and I am just now getting over it....while excepting the changes it had on me.

Quick Question:
During the first flowering stag I started 12 clones and they are ready to plant.

How long do I keep them on a 18 hour light?

That's up to U Don !-- I would suggest topped and bush shaped to about 18 inches-- They should just about double in height during bloom -- for Indicas more for sativas -
A pic to demonstrate this -- This is a whole plant !
20171224_184437-1.jpg

Just depends on the room you have. If you want big plants you can veg a couple of months, if you want smaller plants you can flip them to 12/12 as soon as they are well rooted.

Yeah it's Warlock I'll get a better picture tonight it looks amazing!

Just depends on the room you have. If you want big plants you can veg a couple of months, if you want smaller plants you can flip them to 12/12 as soon as they are well rooted.
Thanks for the information it is very helpful.

Latest posts

Back