Rdrose's SpeedQueen/WW indoor grow....let's see how this goes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dmaster, that was my first thought on all of them...but I turned out to be wrong about the one...I'll update as soon as I know anything definite.

Sorry mademoiselle, but I think thedutchmaster is correct, those appear to be males.

Hello,
Your WW girls look strong.
Pics 3 and 4 are males...good for pollen and fixing things around the house.
Pic 5 looks like a hermie.
Good luck with the WW.

Thanks SD, DMaster, Mr. G, SweetN, J.rizzle, you have all voiced my fear...I've had a nagging feeling about the thought of all males...but just a couple days ago, I started thinking the one might be a hermie...:hairpull: :(

I think I might go ahead and germ another 4 SQ's and see what I get...I sure hope the seeds are not poor quality or ???

I know Hermie's can be caused by stressing out the plants or their environment...but I don't know what I did that would have caused it...:confused:

At least I have WW ladies and a male SQ to pollinate a branch for seeds...:cool:

I had pretty good luck with the Speed Queen's I tortured; they were way more stressed then yours could have been and they were female (2 of 2). I believe I got the beans around the same time you did as well. Probably just a bad draw rather than something you did.

Started Germing 4 more SQ's today!

It took me some time to accept that the SQ's really were all males, except for the Hermie, and that one little pistil was the only one on the entire plant...weird, huh?

So, I terminated 4 of the males, the one WW male and 3 of the SQ males (Kept one for pollen) took him out of the grow room, set him next to a large sliding glass door, that should be enough light for him to survive and give me some pollen.

Also, I saved the tips/flowers of the remaining SQ males to dry. I want to test it...Just can't let them go without at least trying some...males or not...:cool:

The 3 WW girls now have lots of elbow room...at least for now...until the new SQ's are old enough to go in with the WW's. I plan on vegging them for only 2-3 weeks at most, then put them in the flowering room w/the WW's. I'll update ya on the new babies when they pop their little heads thru the soil. ;)

That sux about the males but good luck with the rest of you're grow. WW is an amazing strain one of the best highs I have had

Thanks for stopping in Beach, and you're right that WW does have a great high...the WW strain I grew last summer was a Very busy high...good for activity, but definitely not my preference to smoke it at night...

Granted, I had to harvest my plants approx. 3 weeks earlier than would be considered "ideal".

I think that made some difference in the high, but not sure just how much of a difference, maybe somebody has some experience to share in that regard...

Yea ill have my dad get to you on that one. Hes s21thomas, the bud of the month plant we let go for about 10-11 weeks and she made us really happy. But you are right its not a bed time weed

My SQ seedlings have sprouted and seem to be growing nicely (3 days old)! Here are some pics of the babies as well as a few pics of the WW ladies (12 days into flower).

Dec07Vegs 009.jpg

Dec07Vegs 005.jpg

Dec07Vegs 007.jpg

Dec07Vegs 003.jpg

Dec07Vegs 010.jpg

Dec07Vegs 011.jpg

Dec07Vegs 017.jpg

Dec07Vegs 015.jpg

Dec07Vegs 019.jpg

Those are some super fine looking buds in development. WOW!

All I can say. Great job. You have some good times coming your way;)

Rdrose,
Just checkin in on your grow. I like your bonsai method of growing, it creates a nice profile of growth. I'm happy you got at least 1 female. She can have plenty of resources to ripen. The flowers on the WW look nice and should fillout in a few weeks. I bet you're anxious about your seedlings. I was hoping to start my next grow in soon but, I'm flowering into my 5th week and have a couple to go before I start some sativa.

Good luck on your SQs Rose,hope you'll get some SQ females this time:)

look'n fine :D ... u got'r going on there, woman... perf! like TBG always says.... some green mojo yer way, sweetheart!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks Jash, I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks for the mojo, TCVG.

Hi Herblover, good to see ya...!! Yep, I am happy to have the female WW's, and yes, I am a little anxious about my new SQ seedlings... :rolleyes:

The small pots I have 2 of the WW's in, are keeping them on the smaller (bonsai-ish) side, I haven't decided yet whether I will repot them into the larger tubs, or have them continue in the smaller ones. If I have any SQ girls this time, I want to be sure to have room for them in the grow room, but after getting 4 out of 4 males last time, the old adage of "...a bird in the hand..." keeps popping into my mind!! :) Got a little tug-a-war going on but I'll figure it out!! :p

Wow i especially like this snapshot here, very nice lookin ww budz, i hope you get 4 female queens, no no you will get 4!
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back