Real Dilema

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growdammit

Reaction score
This has been my worst outdoor/indoor grow season yet! Down to one spindly outdoor lady, and started a hydro early since rest of outdoor crop either was killed by storms or proved males! Just started my hdro to flower and came home tonight to yet another male!

What do I do?

Should I start some new hydro plants out of seed? And let my outdoor girl finish up, hopefully has a good growth spurt and harvest her while I wait for hydro

or

Should I cut clones off my outdoor girl and hope they turn out good and hydro them indoors since gro season here is starting to turn to fall closeout. She is not putting on "buds" yet and can still be cloned I hope for the best but my clone rate is still kinda low even with the tutorials here and local advice! But this could be the one that works well for me (i'm optimistic always).

Anyway, I really just wanted a nice crop to get me through the winter until I can plan next years crop! What would you guys do?

:headbang:

i would find small lower branches that most likely won't produce much anyway and use them for clones. i'd only do 6 or 8 since your still workin on cloning. that way if they die it wasn't the whole plant and if they live you can flower them indoor in a month or so. jmo hope this helps

Thats a pretty good idea. I got some root tech cloning jell by technaflora and am going to give that a whirl.

I think your right that if I just try clones of some lower branches, if all keeps going to hell in a handbasket like the rest of this gro season at least I'll be smokin somethin christmas morning LOL

hope everything works out for you growdammit.

sometimes you just get dealt a bad hand.

kepp us posted on your clones and outdoor lady

this seems to be a bad year for getting males all around :(

for sure, bud.... clone yer outdoor (be sure to inspect thoroughly first for bugs) as well as start some seeds up, and u'll b rock'n :cool:

HippyInEngland said:
Out of my first 20 seeds of the year 17 were males :eek:

I put out 10 every year and always get around 3 ladies for harvest but this year is kickin my rear! LOL I just need to spend some extra cash and do up my indoor rooms properly and so I have fall back. I really enjoy the outdoor thing but with the possibility of being seen and gamble season to season anyway, I may just go inside and pull the shades low!

At least I got the one! Always couldve been worse I need to go pull that male hydro I got still, poor guy and such a nice plant its a shame I tell ya'!

yep I would get yourself about 6 good clones and keep plugging away!!

I agree with all the above posters. Get some clones that you can flower in a month or so and start some seeds too. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted on what you decide to do. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back