Real Problems late into flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mintminty59

Reaction score
1st of all id like to say a massive thank you to everyone who has helped me get this far.

As you can see from the photos its got to this stage very quickly and I am affraid I am loseing her again. I have tried a flush out which doesnt appear to have helped so I am sure its a defficancy of some kind.

It must be now into about 9 weeks into flower or there abouts.
Could anyone offer any advice on what I can try now , and if it is a problem with nutts which ones do I need to buy to nurse her back to health.

Thanks once again. P.S its a california orange bud.

DSCF2807.JPG

DSCF2808.JPG

DSCF2809.JPG

DSCF2810.JPG

DSCF2811.JPG

DSCF2812.JPG

DSCF2813.JPG

DSCF2814.JPG

9 weeks into flower,
she must be done real soon.
maybe time to harvest, rather then treat.

The buds are still growing , and the ones on the bottom of the plant are no where near the size of the ones at the top. I am using lowish lighting so there going to take a bit longer. But if others agree its showing signs of time to harvest them I will do :)

if she`s been in flower for 9 weeks and that is all the bud she`s packed on i`d say you have problems, extremely stunted.
she barely looks 2 weeks in man.
what`s your ph, how often have you been feeding them and with what?
also have you been keeping to your light cycle?
looks like there`s a Mg/N def for sure, but there`s probably alot more than that!

It has been very strict on a 9 hour light on and rest off cycle.

I rarely use that NPK solution once a month and usually very little.
I will buy some MG tommorow and add it in the water and give it a feed.
I have always had a problem with slow growth but it is growing all the same. I thought MG tbh with you but as you said there is probably more problems aswell its knowing what they are.

The PH level is just under 7 Nutral.
I know I have made many mistakes but this is my 1st ever plant , and was proud to get this far only I dont want her to die on me now

What Hick said. If you are using 9 on and 15 off it's lucky they flowered at all. 12/12 is the way to go to flower.

i have to agree here set the lights to 12/12 and you should see some improvement in growth but of the plant is about 9 weeks in depending on strain (ive not grown the cali so i have no refrence as to its flowering time) it may also be about time to harvest IMO go with the light change for 2 weeks and then see how the plant reacts at this stage in flowering. and keep us posted with any changes.

First ever plant, well congrats on making it to the finals!!!

That looks like totally normal nitrogen depletion / leaf drop that occurs into later flowering to my eye. It's scary as hell but alas, it is the life cycle of the plant.
I think you are essentially home free at this point. Just don't burn it with fertilizer, if you do fertilize again. The 9/15 cycle has put the plant into a slightly weird situation, where it seems the sun leaves have done their thing on schedule and are getting ready to die off, but the buds haven't developed as much as they might have by now. I mean if you figure that's 3 less hours of light than a normal 12/12 x 63 days, or around 27% less total light energy....but anyway it is a "highly" successful venture regardless.
You probably know this but don't harvest within 2 weeks of the last fertilization for your own health's sake ~

Yeppers,
I think that Hick and barefootbob are getting you dialed in there.
Good luck with your finish dude.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

goodluck bro hope it works out for u

Since nobody else mentioned the nutes theor I will, that's a veg nute you're showing thin that pic:>)

And this all goes to prove my theory that mj being a weed can live thruogh just about any abuse=>D

That stinks man, well, maybe they are small but maybe they pack a punch.

N definciency, plus go to 12/12. Check your soil, it might be ph lockup. You might try transplanting into slightly bigger pots and use MG potting mix with the 3 month fert in it. That should green up new growth. The yellow leaves won't improve even if you fix the problem.

deficiency pics:
http://www.mjp.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688

Who told you got use 9/15 light schedule?

naturalhi said:
And this all goes to prove my theory that mj being a weed can live thruogh just about any abuse=>D

if she`s been heavily stressed during her lifetime, the bud will look good,smell good, but potency is most deffinately affected.
i had 3 crops which produced around 18oz in total(my first newbie grows)-the bud was crap, i still have it sitting in my freezer,i might make hash or oil. but i also like to take the bud from my latest grow of NL-just cured-and compare it to the bad stuff,i.e the difference in calyx size and density aswell as the resin production-which is not too hot in the old crud, but monumental in the NL.
A WEED!!! that`s sacraligious naturalhi-it`s a herb, God`s very own gift to man!:shocked:
:eek: :lama: :eek: :angrywife: lol

shuggy4105 said:
if she`s been heavily stressed during her lifetime, the bud will look good,smell good, but potency is most deffinately affected.
i had 3 crops which produced around 18oz in total(my first newbie grows)-the bud was crap, i still have it sitting in my freezer,i might make hash or oil. but i also like to take the bud from my latest grow of NL-just cured-and compare it to the bad stuff,i.e the difference in calyx size and density aswell as the resin production-which is not too hot in the old crud, but monumental in the NL.
A WEED!!! that`s sacraligious naturalhi-it`s a herb, God`s very own gift to man!

Heavens to mergatroid!>O You're right!>P

Didn't say it would be great, just trying to build confidence in a newby, who knows maybe they will put this crop in the freezer to be pulled out in the future to compare with their latest harvest, like someone else we know.>)

perfection is aquired by practice and learning from the past, but if one becomes frustrated in the beginning they won't try again!

Latest posts

Back