reservoir maintance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flutefixer

Reaction score
I have a 60 gal res,that floods a 4 X 6 table with 15 plants, under a 1000 watt hps the plants are 3 weeks in flowering(12 and 12) I am using advanced nutrients. I have been keeping the ppm in the area of 11oo (per advanced nutrients feeding chart) my ph stays around 5.6 to 5.8 I use reverse osmosis h2o,I have an air stone in res, the drainned h2o free falls about 12" when drainning from the table back into res(adding oxygen I hope)
I have 2 questions
1, the h2o temp in the res stays around 79 degrees feherenheit, is it necessary to lower the h2o temp?and if so how? (guess I had more than 1 question!)
2,is it necessary to flush the system ie, remove old h2o and replenish with fresh h2o and nutrients? and if so how often, I am planning on doing it the last week of or the 2nd to last week of flowereing anyway.

I flush with flora clean every month, and I change my reservoir water and nutrients, as well as washing out the res. every week. (Sometimes every 4-7 days)...depends on how much they drink.

With a 60 gal res.... I would wait as long as possible because you are ging to spend a LOT on nutes.

i did have a bit of sticker shock when purchasing the nuts, I have enough on hand to get thru 2 grows, initial investment around $200.00

flutefixer said:
I have a 60 gal res,that floods a 4 X 6 table with 15 plants, under a 1000 watt hps the plants are 3 weeks in flowering(12 and 12) I am using advanced nutrients. I have been keeping the ppm in the area of 11oo (per advanced nutrients feeding chart) my ph stays around 5.6 to 5.8 I use reverse osmosis h2o,I have an air stone in res, the drainned h2o free falls about 12" when drainning from the table back into res(adding oxygen I hope)
I have 2 questions
1, the h2o temp in the res stays around 79 degrees feherenheit, is it necessary to lower the h2o temp?and if so how? (guess I had more than 1 question!)
2,is it necessary to flush the system ie, remove old h2o and replenish with fresh h2o and nutrients? and if so how often, I am planning on doing it the last week of or the 2nd to last week of flowereing anyway.
In my opinion, You don't need to dump your reservoir until your crop is finished, your temp is fine, dumping of the reservoir is never necessary with an ebb and flow system unless it's 500% of your fill volume or larger, and the air stone is redundant. It's not needed in an ebb and flow system.

thank you everyone, seams that generaly speaking there is no "wrong" way I appreciate the help

Latest posts

Back