Roots still in prison after it got out ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red_ss

Reaction score
Hey gus i chopped one of my plants it was in a 3G pot, the plant was vegging in an 1g pot and then around week 2 in flowering i trans plant them from the 1g to the 3g.

the problem here is after i chopped that plant i pulled it out the soil to see the root ball !! and it was taking the exact shape of the 1g pot and they didnt move or spread in the soil the just were as a plant in 1g pot but it was in the 3.
do any one knows why is that ? is it strain related, because i remmember some of my earlier plants i started them from seed in a 3g and the roots was moving ?? seed,clones does it make any diffirence in the root system? also the collas is small not like i used to know them i dont know why

also i noticed alot of mites on my soil lately even though iv been fighting them hrdly the keep showing up every now and then.. but im not sure:rolleyes:

You didn't loosten the root ball enough when you transplanted it... You sometimes have to kinda break it up a little so it won't be harder than the surrounding dirt... At least that is what i have heard...

red_ss said:
Hey gus i chopped one of my plants it was in a 3G pot, the plant was vegging in an 1g pot and then around week 2 in flowering i trans plant them from the 1g to the 3g.

the problem here is after i chopped that plant i pulled it out the soil to see the root ball !! and it was taking the exact shape of the 1g pot and they didnt move or spread in the soil the just were as a plant in 1g pot but it was in the 3.
do any one knows why is that ? is it strain related, because i remmember some of my earlier plants i started them from seed in a 3g and the roots was moving ?? seed,clones does it make any diffirence in the root system? also the collas is small not like i used to know them i dont know why

also i noticed alot of mites on my soil lately even though iv been fighting them hrdly the keep showing up every now and then.. but im not sure:rolleyes:
I have always felt that once in flower, the plant wil not expend a lot of energy below the surface, making roots. But concentrates energy into flowering and reproduction.

I had that happen to me but mine was in veg.I never transplant in flower....I would be afraid it would kill her.
thank you for the answer to his questons....it helped me...cool
stay safe and dont let any one help you grow they just ruin it..

Hick said:
I have always felt that once in flower, the plant wil not expend a lot of energy below the surface, making roots. But concentrates energy into flowering and reproduction.

Thanks Hick.. so you think the buds will grow fine even in small space? should i transplant before 12/12 to get birrer yields ?:rolleyes:

I would transplant before they got to flower just to keep from getting root bound... I would also not want to shock it while it is supposed to be making buds or risk losing a plant that far along...

red_ss said:
Thanks Hick.. so you think the buds will grow fine even in small space? should i transplant before 12/12 to get birrer yields ?:rolleyes:
..."IMO"..... you should allow them 1-2 weeks in the bigger pots before putting them into flower, for you best results. You 'can' bud them rootbound, but it does inhibit your yeild, and is more difficult to keep properly nourished.

Latest posts

Back