Scoots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kupunakane

Oh Man,

I was just sharing with a couple of the folks here that I like to ride, and I was wondering if there were other riders here. Sure enough a couple of other riders of the world of scoots are here.

Just made my day, as I am rabid about certain things in life. So far I have found a Honda Shadow, and a Shovelhead, and my own scoot is a Heritage Softail Classic.

Now, as to what I like. My mornings start early with a triple cappuccino, and my bowl. The combo makes for a bitchen start of the day...LOL
I think a good wake and Bake ought to be taken seriously...LOL

I dress for the ride, (leathers) and roll my scoot out into the crisp morning air. A nice quite start with a three minute idle, and then gentle for the first three miles to complete the warm-up. My Evo has steel sleeves that need to heat up and expand, or I will just blow out seals and oil, and that is not a good thing.

The cool crisp air smells so good and the bike preforms well with the air being dense and cool. It's sorta my quite time if you guys know what I mean. Sharing a ride with others is a real treat, and going to different places to explore is a good thing in my books.

I would like to invite all riders to join me together here. Lets compare notes, and maybe even help one another out if there are maybe mechanical issues that someone needs a touch of help with, or maybe just some good company to share a hoober, and how your ride was today.

Might have to start a club or something. Here is a pic of my scoot. The paint job comes when I'm done with all the mechanical work and adjustments, and here is a sample of the color I'm considering.

If you got a scoot, or even a scooter then give us a shout, and say "hey". I would love to hear from you other riders out there...

frontfender4.jpgSH106815.JPG

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:icon_smile:

frontfender4.jpg

OOPS,

The scoot pic decided that it didn't want to co-operate, but then I am kinda persuasive, and persistent so here we go once again...LOL

SH106815A.jpg

smoke in peace

SH106815A.jpg

Love the matalic green pilgrim. Would love to share yur fireside but ridin days are over fur me and I stick to canoes now ;) Had a Honda Shadow as younger man but lost and left it fur dead in a fittin place (cemetery) never looked back. Let me just says never leave cemetery drives in the dark and travelin fast to be cool, bikes and granite grave markers don't mix well and major damage to knees and shins will never feel same. Oh and learnt hard way to don't drink and drive just reckon lucky I didn't get caught. RIP Shadow and I never rode again. Do mis the wind in me beard though ;) Happy ridin pilgrems hope trails ahead nothing but safe. Be great thread reading KK ;) Oh and great lookin bike!

BWD

bike looks great love the style I had one but those days are gone now, can never say it enough be careful around any type of sand in an out of parking lots i went down pretty hard leaving a lot and my hand stayed on the bar and rear wheel had traction pinned the throttle and the bike almost 360d and broke my wrist on the mirror was a painful one. was a CBR600

Use to King, but the body cannot handle it no more. Last one I had was a '05 Sportster that I won.

Sold my Harley and bought my Avalanche. Like the AC.:D

Hey Guys,

I'm hoping to draw cubby and 4u2 over here to the coffee table. They both ride too.
I'm totally jazzed to find other riders here, but then the place is huge, with many members, and I guess it would stand to reason that someone would love to ride as much as me.

Thanking you kindly there BWD for the nice compliment over the paint job. I thought about keeping the marblizer look, but perhaps change the color to maybe a deep candy apple red, or another one that I like is a real sharp electric blue, but marbleized of coarse.

I have had many a scoot, but they were triumphs, and Norton's. The Harley is my labor of love as I have learned what the HD in Harley stands for. You might be thinking Harley Davidson, nope... it really stands for Hundred Dollars...Hee-Hee. Cause that is what it's gonna cost minimum...LOL
Like I said it is a labor of love, but the reward of that horsepower and that low end torque just do it for me ya know ?
I'm no longer really interested in going as fast as I can any longer though on occasion I do twist the throttle more than I needed too. I like the slower putt, and open road, minimal traffic is sweet, But no autos and a good light buzz is paradise.

Please, I love seeing your pics of your scoots, but remember caution. no license plates shots. Look your pic over carefully for your own safety, and comfort.

Here's a couple more shots you might like. This is a pic of the new brake pedal I put on. Cut with a plasma cutter, it is stainless steel, and a smaller version of the old surfer foot gas pedal. I'm certain some of you will remember these...LOL

41lmmx5YlEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

An old 45 that my brother owned

SH106802 (2)a.jpg

My profoundest, and deepest regards to those that can no longer ride. I'm certain that who ever you might be, that you are filled with many wonderful memories of your time riding. Those good memories are what over whelmed me, and I just needed to feel it once more in my life. These are some of the precious things we will have with us always, and so I want to share mine, and I would be happy as hell if you shared your memories with the rest of us.

All my heart
smoke in peace
and keep the oily side down

41lmmx5YlEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

SH106802 (2)a.jpg

Yo Ho pc,

You won a Harley ? Oh, I'm thinking there is a cool story there, and can we hear it. ?

WAIT, WAIT. I'm off to load my bowl real quick, don't want to miss this.

Pulling up my stump that I been keeping over there by BWD's fire. Sorry there BWD, not deserting you bro, but I'm a sucker for a good bike story...LOL

OK, bowl is talking to me, and I'm sitting...LOL

* Only a biker understands why a dog sticks his head out of the car window.

smoke in peace
KK:icon_smile:

Not much of a story King:(

Won the scooter in a golf game.:)

Put the pipes and a rack and windshield on, rode it for a thousand miles or so, then my funny walk started. Had to quit riding to rid myself of that walk.

Hey my friend KK yual put yur stump to any fires that make yual warm and enjoy them ;) This here thread be a good one to watch and read, loves my bikes just don't ride no more well not the ones yual riding eccept maybe bwanabuds bike cause him and I could trail together cause I gots one just lookin like the one hes got only with some red to it ;) Ride on pilgrems ride on!

BWD

Sweet Stuff,

OK, I'm good, but winning a scoot by a game of golf is just some kinda cool. I tried golf once, almost broke my wrists slamming that driver into the dirt...LOL Bad Aim I guess.

Riding a big four wheeler doesn't make you a sissy. Running away screaming over a spider makes you a sissy.

Hey, I like that nickname BwanaBud. It just has that certain lilt to it you know.?

I have always enjoyed turning wrench on my own scoots, but never have liked doing the electrical stuff. I'm the guy that always misses the pin hole in the wiring, and you know getting a coil zap gives one reason to pause before reaching in again... LOL

I can laugh about this cause I have jumped outta my skin a good number of times, when I get that bazzaank that makes one sit down and do a little bit of simple math just to make sure you didn't cook too many of them brain cells as it were...LOL

I took the Big Bertha Leather side bags off, as the leather has a lot of what we call leather rot going. The bike is a 1988 after all and the bags are the originals to boot. Hoping to get them replaced, or restored.

P.s. Riding scoots was how I learned to appreciate putting a hoober in my top pocket. easy access if one sees the pretty lights behind. Always been disappointed when I had to eat a couple of hoobers, but twenty minutes later I really didn't mind...LOL

smoke in peace
Kingkahuuna:icon_smile:

Guess Im a sisiy cause I have run from spiders but in my defence the were big ones that bite ;) Im much better now

BWD

You Know BWD,

I guess I should amend the idea of running away screaming from a big spider. I never screamed, but I did conjugate a few verbs as I stepped away in a lively fashion over some big muthas that I have seen in my life...LMAO

"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."

Img1933_white-fire-and-skull.jpg

Paint Jobs 2.jpg
tank02.jpg
thumb_deanos_(13).JPG

Here are a couple of pics that gave me some ideas for my own scoot...

All my Heart
smoke in peace
keep the oily side down

Img1933_white-fire-and-skull.jpg

Paint Jobs 2.jpg

tank02.jpg

thumb_deanos_(13).JPG

AHHHHHHHHHH ! ! ! ! ! ! ,

Phewww, that feels better. Need to burn one too.

Today was just too nice not to go out, and enjoy a Putt, So being dutiful to my chores, and having gotten them done and out of the way, I broke out The Beast.

I fired Him up, settled him down, and kindly bid him into gear with a little help from my hand and foot as it were..LOL

Twenty minutes into the putt I notice my Tachometer do a reset. Then a few seconds later the backlite, (LED) flickered just once, but it was enough of a electrical glitch that it caused my Tachometer to do another reset.

After that all hell broke loose, and I barely got home. It turned out to be nothing more than my ignition switch has finally given it up as it were.

The trip home is what haired me out. The electrical glitching spread like wildfire as things shorted one right after the other. Thanks to having circuit breaker modules I didn't fry anything that I am aware of.

You would not have believed what it all looked like, and how many backfires I threw. This is NOT good for a built engine with solids in it. At least hydraulics give a little.

I have just replace about a thousand dollars worth of mechanical, and electrical goods to bring the scoot more up to date as things were starting to fail. This does happen and is a part of riding the scoots.

Electrical going bad is never good. I just see that the worst could happen $$$ =:fly: yeppers flying away fast too.

So the Beast is torn apart again awaiting it's new barrel lock ignition switch, Primary cover gasket as the one on the scoot is enjoying it's 6th squeeze, and then the new chrome oil filter. I'm big on changing fluids frequently.

Pics to follow soon

*Never hesitate to ride past the last street light at the edge of town.

smoke in peace
Keep the oily side down
KingKahuuna;)

bwanabud said:
I'm a sissy, stick to 4 wheels...but I ride it hard :D

I stick to 4 wheelers, too. I have a Kawasaki 350 4 x 4. My buddy has a bigger bike like yours--550 I think but can't remember the brand. I don't ride it too hard though--I am just getting too old for that. I do have chains for mine, too. It is not just a summer vehicle.

Yo Ho THG,

I'm so glad to hear from you in this thread. I have never owned a four wheeler, but I must say it sounds pretty cool to me, and I can see where in the winter they can be a blast to enjoy.

My Beast gets retired for the winter when the temps drop below 45* degrees Fahrenheit. Not that the Beast can't go out, it's me that whines about the cold so much that the Beast will have nothing to do with me for awhile...LOL

Your buddy has a 550 ? cool beans. I didn't mean to leave anyone confused, and I sure as heck don't feel braggy. The size of my scoot is a 1340cc that has been build to be my Beast. Not too terribly loud, as I am polite to my neighbors. But by the hair on my chinny chin chin it will haul the mail as it were.

I have always been a bit of a horse power nut, but I do keep it real as I am not in any kind of a hurry to dump said Beasty on the ground, let alone me going down either. That might hurt...LOL

Had my share of spills over the years, but i just became a better rider through it all, then by the time I retired as a pilot, my skills were pretty sharpened at that point. So I learned to just slow it down, and enjoy the putts for what they are and can be...FUN.

Catching a yellow jacket in your shirt @ 70 mph can double your vocabulary

smoke in peace
Keep the oily side down
KingKahuuna;)

LOL--My buddies 550 is an ATV, too. In my younger days I had a 350 and a 550 Honda that I putted around town on. In my 30s, my ex husband and I had a full dress Gold Wing we put a lot of miles on. I caught a bee one time--we had to turn around and go back to the hospital....I carried an epi pen after that. My ex had raced dirt bikes in his younger days, but he was a very cautious driver. We never took a spill. Can't say the same about my little bikes. I put them over a time or 2, but one of the things the guy that taught me to ride taught me was how to go over and I never get too speedy on them.

I don't venture too far in the winter on the bike--I prefer fair weather recreation any more. But I use it to run trash to the dumpsters, get the mail or visit friends that are close.

Have a great weekend!

Yo Ho,

A 550 four wheeler sounds like too much fun. I watched some pretty cool videos about four wheeling up in the back country. Got to say if you planned your trip most carefully, and could drop off fuel in all the right areas, you could have the time of your life.

Often enough I have to go look in the mirror, and I have been surprised a couple of times when I see how I have aged. But I wasn't prepared for the body to slow down like it has. Still I am willing to take whatever soreness and stiffness I get from riding the scoot.

I think that I would likely do my self a mischief if I was bouncing all over on a four wheeler...LOL

Hey THG,

Would you believe that I have never owned a bike that had all the bells and whistles like that. Cruising must have been a blast. I don't know how to describe to you the type of riding that I do, other than to say I like to sorta become part of the machine itself, and I work it as though it is a fine watch. I was the same way when I did the aerobatics. It's more than gluing your butt to the seat, or flying by the seat of your pants, it's just blending yourself with the scoot, and vice-versa.

I hope that it makes some sorta sense to you. When I'm riding I try to make everything mechanically precision perfect, and if I allow myself to sorta go into the machinery, then I can sense every little thing that it is doing, and at that point I really start to dig the ride, but there was a special time in the years of riding that means the most to me. I will save that for a little later on.

Right now I'm enjoying myself.

*Young riders pick a destination and go... Old riders pick a direction and go.

smoke in peace
Keep the oily side down
KingKahuuna:)

Latest posts

Back