Scoots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yo Ho Ho N,

When I was still a very young man I bought a CZ350, and that was more than enough for me to go climbing hills, and rocks. Never did the water thing with any scoot I have owned, but I've seen it done here in the Northern country.

When I was fresh out of the military I had a hard time putting some of the memories away, and a lot of the fellas after the nam just couldn't get a grip on it. I had some of the same problems. I just couldn't get my head cleared. All I wanted to do was run fast, run far you know ?

I bought a motorcycle three months after my discharge. Shoved some coin in my pocket, and picked up a real nice sleeping bag and a small tent. No saddlebags in those days for the bike I had just bought.

I said my goodbyes to the family, and boogied off.

I had made my mind to travel up North along the coast, and it was fine weather traveling indeed.

The thing about it all that still strikes a chord in me was the feeling of that air rushing around me as I rode up the coast. I loved getting up at the very crack of dawn, when there is still a cold crisp in the air. It would tighten you up a lot riding in that, but it was as good as a cold splash of water ya know..?

Now the best part that I still remember with a great deal of fondness was the going in and out of the shadows of the hills along the coast.

One moment your chilled to the bone, and the next you have busted out into some sweet warm sunshine. You would just get thawed out, and within the blink of an eye you were back into the shadows, and then in sunshine again. In and out of the light and the temps.

It was an amazing adventure that stretched better than 1500 miles in total including the coast line and the mountains, and a gazillion side trips too.

I felt so free and untied. No threats to be found around me, and there was a good hoober to be had wherever I went for the most part.

I didn't get to feel that sensation again until last year, and that is a difference of beaucoup years. Last year when I bought the Harley I was looking to recapture that moment in time that I once felt. Let me tell you that it was well worth every bit of the effort, and then some.

It's different though somehow. I suppose that it is the years that have slipped by. I'm slower now, yet I find the slower putts to be more fulfilling. I'm more cautious after having dumped my bikes a number of times, but then experience has taught me what to look for up ahead that might pose a problem. Riding in groups is OK, but then I like going out away from the groups too.

Maybe I missed my calling in life, but not by too far. I am happy to have retired a pilot. I have enjoyed many a great adventure, and the adventures still continue with the wind in my face. I must confess the windshield has found favor with me, and experience has taught me to wear thick leathers. I still like to ride without my helmet, but I do ride with it on occasion.

I'm a bit slower than I was, but I am also a horsepower nut, and yeppers The Beast will haul the mail at my bidding if he is in the mood as it were.

My scoot is a male of the species, he even has a pair of large chromed hex nuts underneath...LOL, and yes it does start a lot of funny conversations.

Gray-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck

smoke in peace
keep the oily side down
KingKahuuna:)

As I was saying,

Taking it slow and enjoying some of the back country requires some type of forethought I can tell you. My last time out on a cruise, that went off without a hitch was about two weeks ago, and I had a great time, but I hadn't counted on a couple of the gas stations being closed up way earlier than their posted hours.

Had the same thing happen when I was a lot younger and flew ultra-lights up in Oregon. Gas station closed hours ahead of time. That was a long and cold night.

Out on the scoot it can get kinda nerve wracking, cause you never know what you might come across.

here's a shot of the scoot with the original bags on it.

578061_370344089670325_100000842120433_1034315_300076547_n.jpg

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Keep the oily side down
smoke in peace

578061_370344089670325_100000842120433_1034315_300076547_n.jpg

So my friends,

How about this nice weather right now ? Still waiting for my parts to arrive, and according to tracking it should be delivered by end of day Tuesday.

I don't care for the down time, but it is a perfect time to break out the mothers, and the chrome polish. A bit of bleck, and the scoot will shine once again...

I walked out into the garage and the scoot seemed to be leaning a bit much so I gave the Beast a good looking over. Upon testing the air pressures, I found that my rear tire was only holding 15 LBS. PSI.

NOT GOOD, NOT GOOD, This is not what I expect out of a day like today.

Probably a bead leak, so a remount is likely in the picture.
I'm not into race bikes, or the cafe racing, and I left the world of dirt a awful long time ago.

Any riders out there that have a cruiser ?

I know THG used to have a big scoot, full dress,with all the bells and whistles.

I'm looking forward to turning this conversation back to where we are talking about Big Bikes and going out on the putts.

Like I said, mine is a 1340 that has been built. I am trying to mellow it out. It was a touch to loud and noisy with the solid lifters in it. These got replaced with some crane Hydraulic lifters. The push pods had to be re-adjusted for the Hydraulics, but I am an old tool push, and this sorta comes easy to me.

I threw out the old S&S carburetor, and now have a wicked Mikuni Carb
on him for better breathing, and fuel supply at demand.

The 5 gallon tanks are being replace with 6 gallon ones, and they just got delivered, They are cool looking on the scoot. I did have to size fit them, as in bolt them in place before I cream them.
All you riders will know about the cream, and the mothers, the Bleck etc.etc.

So any Big Scoot Riders out there, please let me hear from you.

A good rider has balance, judgment, and good timing. So does a good lover.

:bong2:
smoke in peace
Keep the oily side down
KingKahuuna

"* A good rider has balance, judgment, and good timing. So does a good lover."

My wife been tellin stories bout me gain hasent she LOL
This is great thread readin friend I wish I still rode.

BWD

Easily handled,

Tires are no big deal. Coarse pulling the rear one isn't too easy, but I have all the tools except one. Hey Multi, are you following me ?...LOL I will need to take it to the shop for a balance job, and the nitrogen fill. By the way if you have a cosco store near you with a auto service center they will nitrogen fill your tires for free. I hope that they are still providing this for free...LOL

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

smoke in peace
keep the oily side down
KingKahuuna:icon_smile:

Yessir,

the parts arrived today, and tear down is set to commence as soon as the sun sets, and it cools off outside.
1. Primary cover gasket to be replaced, hate dealing with the oil though.
2. Magnetic chrome oil filter (long)
3. Round key ignition switch

I'm so excited, that I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose my mind and I think I like it...LOL

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.

smoke in peace
keep the oily side down
KingKahuuna:cool:

So there I was,

I had no choice in the matter. The parts were just staring me in the face, and they were talking to me...LOL

I finished the mechanical, and electrical work on the scoot yesterday, but the day today was full of just tweaking the scoot a little here, an adjust to the timing there, and a quick change of needle valve in the Mikuni. A fast set up, and I was out of the garage tonight around 7:45pm.

I like to give my scoot proper warm up time. I use the 3 and 3 rule. Betting that Multifarious uses a warm up formula too. Three minutes idle warm up then 3 miles of easy goes it to finish the heat up. My Beast has sleeves inside the aluminum jugs, and the sleeves must heat up to expand, and seal up. Otherwise I tend to blow gaskets, and it's not real fun replacing them cause I was in a hurry.

I rolled the beast down to the bottom of the driveway so I don't rumble the house too much. Sat for the three, and spurred My Beast into gear. The cruise up the road is always good to me cause it is 3 miles, and maybe a half more, but it is adequate to the warm up.

A good 25 mile run, and not being gentle either, The Beast preformed better that I had planned for, but I did notice my oil tank felt pretty hot so I'm thinking time for the oil temp gauge, and the maybe another small adjust to the timing.

Well-trained reflexes are quicker than luck.

smoke in peace
Keep the oily side down

Hey king cant recall been while does everything on bikes now still run off 12v power?

BWD

Hey BWD,

Great question dude. Things have changed a bit. My scoot uses a stator that puts out 22 amps A/C. Then after more electrical it is converted into D/C, and at that point my answer is yes they are still 12 volt DC.

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.

smoke in peace

great bike have been riding for years nothing better than a good ride changes everything when having bad day olady lets me when i need a ride get back and the world is a better place

is'nt that part of the excitement to find out whats around the next curve

Yo Ho vtx man,

Glad to meet you bro. Is that your scoot ? Cool to meet another one that loves to ride. Yeppers, it often does take a tank of gas to get my head right.

Kid you not, some of my best times have been on a scoot.
So what ya got there to ride ?, a 1800 ? Should come out around what ? 98HP give or take ? .

The fellers where I live all ride shovel heads or Evos. I used to ride Triumphs, and Nortons, but I made the jump to low end torque, Harley with phenomenal horsepower...LOL

When you're riding lead don't spit.

Glad that you dropped in, please do visit soon.

smoke in peace
Keep the oily side down
KingKahuuna:cool2:

I figured this is good,

Talking about big bikes is cool, small bikes are cool also.
Lots to be enjoyed with both. The designs for these scoots is changing faster and faster.

I used to enjoy working on V8 engines like a 283 (bullet Proof). or a mean 396. I wouldn't turn up my nose at a old Cleveland either.

Still do work on them, but into the scoots for fun is what I currently enjoy...(sigh).

smoke in peace
Kupunakane:)

sweet ST KK.:hubba:

seen this thread and wanted to post up my bike as well, And give a thumbs up :aok: to all the riders on MP.

IMG_1052.JPG

That is a good looking scoot you got there,

I love the saddlebags, and the foot boards, and that fuel tank looks huge. Is that a five gallon ? Sure do look like it to me. Do you have a good size reserve with those tanks ?

I found some six gallon tanks, and one of my buds is going to cream them for me. He has thirty five years in the trade of painting. He does wet paint, and is a genius with powder coating as well.

Keep thy eye on the tachometer, and thine ears on the engine lest thy whirlybits seek communion with the sun.

smoke in peace
Keep the oily side down

Hey Double K,
I ride a 96 Nostalgia.

Used to think I did not want a big bike - until I got on one.

Sounds real nice,

So
Jimmy James you got a 96 huh ? sweet. Would love to see a pic of your scoot there brother. Be alert to not show things like say your License plate, or any other obvious thing that might point you out.
Kinda goes with the old adage, "Tell No one" We try our best to help cover your backside, but it really is up to you so word of caution.

My old scoot is an 88 Heritage Softail Classic so it looks like we both got a thing for baggers...LOL

I have a bud that has 35 years in the painting trade doing both wet and powder coat. He is doing my scoot when I get caught up with the mechanical, and electrical. I'm almost there now, and getting monster excited.

Like I said, I sure would love to see your bike.

I just got a call and an invite to a short putt, and a nice hoober break. See ya....:)

smoke in peace
Keep the oily side down

Hey vlumtj much abliged pilgrim and happy trails to ya ;)

Glad yual started new category KingK now with yurs and others with similar ideas can get some real interesting fires glowing in here ;)

BWD

Latest posts

Back