Second grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much of an HID buff here, but lower the lights and keep an eye (or a hand) right on top of the canopy and see if it's decently warm or just too hot. You could probably bring the light real close if you put a fan blowing directly at the light.

Do your clones still need misting or are they independant on simple waterings yet?

uhm i always spray em a few times a day. i dunno their honestly havnt been doing a single thing except slowly yellowing. i repotted them and mixed some bone and blood meal mix in the soil 7-7-0 and gave em some nutes and didnt looked like it did anything. so well see what this light does i just started them under it. hopefully ill be able to see some growth...its getting frusterating..
their weak

Aha, I had the same fustrated feelings with my seedlings... One of them didn't do jack **** for like 2 weeks. I'd keep a real close eye on how big their leaves are, see if they truly are growing.

Dont spray them, lower the light to 24/28in and get an osculating fan.

you have gnats cause its too wet. spraying just compounds this.

quick update the pics arnt working. i think they just might be putting on some new growth. not certain tho so ill put up some comparison pics in a few days. After the flush i did they seem to be doing a bit better, definitly not worse. im gonna try and go grab some different soil not one with tons of food. but the 400watt sure makes a difference. thanks

pic of the one thats alone. it seems to be bushier.
the first pic here compared to the one on the last page half way down the page is alot bushier its the same plant.
so im happy.
comments?

100_1090.JPG

100_1100.JPG

100_1101.JPG

wow it looks like you trimmed away alot of fan leaves?

nah bro didnt trim anything. had mad nute burn and some leaves fell off tho maybe that... at least their not as small though.

thedonofchronic said:
OKAY so here the deal. my plants havnt grown at all since i got them. i just bought a 400w HPS. its all setup ive got the light 2 feet from my plants cause of the change. im hoping that theyll take off. any suggestions?

What's up don, as you saw in my journal you can get that hps really close to your plants as long as you are controling temps. What kind of reflector do you have? If you've got a cooled hood, you can get within 6" of your plants.

thedonofchronic said:
pic of the one thats alone. it seems to be bushier.
the first pic here compared to the one on the last page half way down the page is alot bushier its the same plant.
so im happy.
comments?

Looks like your clones are loving life under their new light source! :D

thanks buddy, yeah they still look pretty weak.. but definitly are growing i can tell. i have this whack feeling my seeds wont germ. but ive just been too into weed since before i can remember so prolly just paranoid. i got 2 other clones on the way. im trying to up my chances.
now that ive upgraded to HID i swear by it.
i recommend HID for anyone whos lacking light source their great.
thanks for the tip lama, i dont beleive its a cooled reflector but it doesnt seem to get THAT hot. i got the most basic reflector you can grab. but im having a big problem untightening the YOYO pulleys that i use to raise and lower the 400. so im re doing everything in my basement and will lower the lights then thanks bro

February 12th, jammin out blazing some bowls. heres what they look like.
i think theyre getting better every day. im going to lower the light soon. My jamaican gold seeds havnt cracked yet its been almost 2 days germin in paper towel...bad sign?
check it out peace

100_1121.JPG

100_1122.JPG

100_1123.JPG

thedonofchronic said:
im having a big problem untightening the YOYO pulleys that i use to raise and lower the 400.

I had that same problem at first and realized that it all about weight. Those yoyo pulleys need a lot of weight hanging from them before they will work properly.

quick update no pics.
my plants are looking good.
2 out of 5 seeds cracked.
planted one with a long tail.
waiting anxiously
i just put it in tail facing up and put the soil loosly ontop and threw it under the 400watt hps, at 2 feet away.
comments?

you should have it tail down but i guess nature will figure that out for you

i worked about 10 hours and spent the rest of the day chillin blazin with my plants. hey they say spend vday with who you love right? well...
anyways, theyre looking great. alot better. especially the biggest one its really bushy and very healthy now.
3 of my 5 seeds have germed and i got 2 in pots.
one of them i planted tip up, but it seems to be making out.
the other one i just planted today it had a long long tail on it and i put it downwards.
the pics of the lil sprout that just popped out of the dirt is too small and my camera sucks so its pointless.
so anyways enjoy and crits and comments are always welcome.

100_1134.JPG

100_1135.JPG

What kinda HID you got. Where'd you order from. JW cuz I just ordered one also.

i got a 400w hps. and didnt order it bro i bought it from the hydro store.

heres an update for feb 17.
the 3 girl clones are looking pretty nice. the smaller two were stretching before i changed setups. the biggest one to me looks gorgeous but thats for you all to decide.
moved from the closet to my downstairs washroom, bigger space, easy to setup, got a window so when spring comes around i can get some nice fresh air in there whenever i want, plus got a sink right beside my plants so hand watering is a bit easier
theres 3 smaller pots there all with sprouts that came outta the ground. 1 more seed gonna be planted prolly tomorrow.
wondering if the new plants are good sitting there with the 400 about a foot away and such. if its going to be good for them?
anyways id appreciate some comments and criticism or anything.
thanks

100_1141.JPG

100_1143.JPG

100_1144.JPG

I wouldn't worry to much about the 400 hurting your saplings, if anything you might be pleasantly surprised with how they do under there.

Also you should try to change your exposure a bit with your camera to get a more natural color in those pic's, fiddle with it a bit and you should see an improvement. ;)

Latest posts

Back