second try

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chips Deluxe said:
Oh okay, I just started some new ones, Under HPS 150W.. Your plants seemed to be growing good in the veg stage... I hope my new ones look that good in 19 days.. Your flowering looks kinda like mine on my window grown girl... (We need better light for bigger buds)..

Nice plants tho... Make sure you put up a pic of your harvest after you've cut em down...

yeah money was tight when i started so it was kind of a ghetto grow form the start. im hope on adding 4 46w cfls to the 4 26 cfl's already there and actually building a box. (i want to stick with cfl's for the cost and safety factor) a couple more weeks flowering and think they might thicken up a bit.

omnigr33n said:
What do you mean safety?

potability, easy to hide it, power usage. i rent so if the landlord is knocking at my door i can stash it quick.

How much are the CFL's that are good for Veg? Anybody have a link to any online? Along with fixtures....

Chips Deluxe said:
How much are the CFL's that are good for Veg? Anybody have a link to any online? Along with fixtures....
i know u can buy online but also wal mart ,home depot and lowes all sell cfls u can use wal-mart is where i got mine for 2 6500k (veg) 23 watts ran me 8 bucks also u can get a 4 pack of the 2700k (flowering ones)ones for same price at wally world:)

flaboy420 said:
i know u can buy online but also wal mart ,home depot and lowes all sell cfls u can use wal-mart is where i got mine for 2 6500k (veg) 23 watts ran me 8 bucks also u can get a 4 pack of the 2700k (flowering ones)ones for same price at wally world:)

thats what i had for the veg as well.

subie73 said:
potability, easy to hide it, power usage. i rent so if the landlord is knocking at my door i can stash it quick.

There are a lot of misconceptions about CFLs. Watts are watts--it doesn't matter if they are CFLs or HPS. You are using 288W of power. The CFLs are putting out MORE heat than HPS lighting of the same wattage. Small wattage HPS are far more portable than 8 CFLs in multiple sockets/reflectors. The initial investment is also about the same. IMO, you are sacrificing quality and quantity when flowering with CFLs, but gaining nothing by the use of the CFLs--they are actually less portable, more expensive to run, and hotter. You would most likely yield twice as much if you flowered with 250-300W of HPS.

i've flowered with cfls and got good results. but to buy as many as you really need to get those results its cheaper, cooler and easier to just get a small hps. i just ordered two that will be here monday.. i can't wait

slowmo77 said:
i've flowered with cfls and got good results. but to buy as many as you really need to get those results its cheaper, cooler and easier to just get a small hps. i just ordered two that will be here monday.. i can't wait

Thanks, Slomo77--that is exactly my point. And with the inexpensive low wattage HPS, HPS lighting is easily affordable and easy to cool.

The Hemp Goddess said:
There are a lot of misconceptions about CFLs. Watts are watts--it doesn't matter if they are CFLs or HPS. You are using 288W of power. The CFLs are putting out MORE heat than HPS lighting of the same wattage. Small wattage HPS are far more portable than 8 CFLs in multiple sockets/reflectors. The initial investment is also about the same. IMO, you are sacrificing quality and quantity when flowering with CFLs, but gaining nothing by the use of the CFLs--they are actually less portable, more expensive to run, and hotter. You would most likely yield twice as much if you flowered with 250-300W of HPS.

well the 4 cfls are connect by two clip on lamps and that i can just stash easily, it cost me 15 bucks to make the set up. when i say budget that's what i mean. im thinking into getting a hps set up but not till later.

just picked a sample. smells like honey due melon.

i just got this free with a 150hps bulb helping my friend move.

426.jpg

ugh so the leos pulled up to the house so i threw the plants in the attic and i smashed most of the cfls in the rush. the main stems broke so i just harvested what i had. its not much maybe a little more then a 1/4. its only half of each plants and the bottoms where hardly even developed yet. and the clones i did cut the cats ate when i left the room. ugh, at least i have the new light for the next time. (they came becuase we have a peeping tom in the neighborhood)

three days in to drying.

100_6033.JPG

100_6034.JPG

100_6032.JPG

Latest posts

Back