Second Try.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres a picture. A little blurry, but you can see what I am talking about. You can see the main stem in the background. And the alt nodes are on one of the secondary branches that come off the main stem. Even I am getting confused by this lol.:D

MJ5.jpg

yeah yeah, im with you, so how high are you expecting them to turn out when the flowering is up...

im considering flowering ours, they are about the same height, roughly a month old, with alternating nodes and are juist a bit bigger than your big'uns so id be interested in getting your opinion on final size and expected yeild?

I am still really new at this, so once my two little guys show alt nodes, in about a week or two, I will start my flowering. So I assume they will be about 10 to 12" before I start, and I guess they will double in height, so around 2'. My space is limited for growth so I have to keep the little girls small.

The seeds are freebies from an Amsterdam seed bank, so I have no idea what they are, and what to expect for a yeild.

CH they look like alternating nodes to me my friend. She is ready for flower. :aok:

yep same with one of mine, appeared on a secondary branch, i almost didnt see it cause i am always looking on the main branch for it to happen. i had 5 started all at the same time and just the one had the alternationg node but i went ahead and sent them all into flower yesterday.

nice, nice, its a good feeling when you see those second branches developing..

did you find anything to mask the odor?

Just my little carbon filter I have posted in post #38. It works, but still have some odor. It seems like it cuts the smell in half. So, better than nothing.

Thanks TBG. Seems like my two little ones are taking forever to mature now that my bigguns have matured. The waiting game begins.

Wahoo! One of my plants lifted their skirt and revealed a little beaver. That a girl, now just invite three of your virgin friends.:D . The little white hairs are very tiny, so no pics yet.

Congrats on the female CH. Now let's get some more of those ladies. ;)

Getting closer to flower. The two big ones are 30 days. One is 14", and the other is 12". The biggest one is a female, not sure bout the other ones. The two small ones are 25 days. They are about 7". They seem a little short, but they are really bushy. They have been really close to the light, an inch or two away. Going to flower in a week.

4plants.jpg

4top.jpg

14".jpg

Here is my little cabinet, my 200 watt cfl, and my four little girls huddled in my box. They have out grown their box, so time to move them to my flowering station. Getting my 400 watt hps today. Going to install it, and have already have my ventilation set up in my flowering room. So hopefully they will like their new home.

box.jpg

light.jpg

yummy.jpg

nice one man glad to see you have female company.. cant flower ours yet but needless to say there pretty huge and we cant wait!.. hope there girls too.

Thanks Riz. It seems like forever waiting for the two little ones to get tall enough to flower. They have alt nodes, but I am going to wait till they get 12". Come on ladies!

Note to self! When moving plants from a nice cool cfl, to a hot 400 watt hps, do it gradually. What I mean is don't set them close right off the bat! The tallest one was 13" away from the light, shortest was 19 away. My plants got burnt from head to toe. Pretty bad too. Right when I put them into flowering. Can you say STRESS on my potential girls. Should I worry about the burnt leaves? Should I trim them? This is why this is my trial run. I am such an IDIOT! Lol. Oh well, now I know.

Oh and SB will appreciate what I paid for my HID light, 25 bucks! He said he wanted $23, but I felt a little guilty and gave him $25. BOOHYAAH. It is old as the hills, but it works, and has a brand new bulb in it.

hey crazy horse where did u get the 200 watt CFL ??? and was it a cool white ? or somethin else ... i myself use all cfl's

I had to search around quite a bit but I found one at a grow shop. I looked the light up on the internet and found a store close to my town that carried it. It is a full spectrum, but definately on the white side (blue). I am very impressed with it. I kept my plants only a couple of inches away from my light with no problems. Plants stayed compact and really bushy.

Crazy Horse said:
Note to self! When moving plants from a nice cool cfl, to a hot 400 watt hps, do it gradually. What I mean is don't set them close right off the bat! The tallest one was 13" away from the light, shortest was 19 away. My plants got burnt from head to toe. Pretty bad too. Right when I put them into flowering. Can you say STRESS on my potential girls. Should I worry about the burnt leaves? Should I trim them? This is why this is my trial run. I am such an IDIOT! Lol. Oh well, now I know.

No worries bro, stress can lead to higher male ratios...but they look to be past that stage. If the leaves are like 75% burnt, then you can go ahead and clip them off but IMO, leave the rest of them, she will use every leaf she has left in flower. Exactly right on transition to flower, first day in I lift my light all the way up and slowly drop it couple of inches a day. Don't forget to blend in your flower nutes slowly, and stay on the veg nutes for a couple more weeks (or until stretch slows).

Something like 75% veg and 25% bloom first week
50/50 the next
and like 25% veg and 75% flower for 3rd week
can drop the veg nutes completely when stretch is over.
Your ferts should say the same...

Looking good mang!

Latest posts

Back