Seed Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm only curious on this one... was doing some thinking, about getting seeds without growing out a full plant, or without ordering online all the time. Was thinking, if for some reason, I needed to pack everything up and destroy what I had going on, would I be able to do this?

The idea is to veg a few plants for two or three weeks before flipping them over. Give them enough time to get a few nodes going. Then, flip them and watch for sex. When you get a male and a female, take them together and flower them, letting them do their thing until it's time to harvest them. This sounds like something that could be done a month before the end of the vegetative state as well, though I'm fairly certain doing this is just about useless, no matter the situation. I'm just wondering if the idea is plausible. :p

-nasty

I guess I don't quite understand what you are saying--I don't see how this is not "growing out a full plant". It sounds like a regular grow, but with a short veg?

What you described is exactly what we are doing at our warehouse. We are running large numbers of seed, same stock, to find those winners and ditch the rest. I feel a good portion may even be culled before the 4th internode, due to lack of vigor. But you can really cram the numbers in there when they are small.Haha
I am with The Goddess though, they are are full grown plants just not large.
Peace

sounds like you are describing a seed run, should work fine.

Sorry, I forgot I posted this. Yes, THG! Short veg, full grow. Letting the seeds mature, but not letting them veg for longer than 3 weeks. My wording was poor on that... I meant without growing a full veg stage, but flowering until maturity, thereby shortening the growing period.

-nasty

it don't matter. Til a plant reaches Sexual maturity it will not produce pistils or flowers to start the seed making process. You have to give the plant time to mature.

getnasty said:
but not letting them veg for longer than 3 weeks.

if you find a strain other than an auto that only veg for 3 weeks until mature you let me know :)

I was under the impression that it would reach sexual maturity during flower if flipped that early.

-nasty

IME flipping to soon slow down the plant compared to plants that were not changed to 12/12. You are loosing 12 hrs of light each day and that cuts back the growth time.

I'm with ozzy. There really is no way to speed things up with this plant. It is only going to grow and mature so fast.

:rofl: doomsday stock piling---i like your thinking nasty---great idea in building yourself a little seed stock---unfortunately the only fast track thru veg is a 24 hour light till you get them alternating nodes---peace

Hushpuppy should weigh in on this. And i would veg for 4 weeks, 24/7 then try lights out for 36-48 hours. You should see something when the lights come back on.

Latest posts

Back